#31 Karan

Karan

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

Dammit missed this! Could have gone to Bahrain to see it, tickets wouldn't have been a problem. Well work is important.

Good to see Massa win. Its still a Raikonnen v Alonso for the Driver's title. But whoever dominates between Massa and Hamilton will decide the constructors title for their team. That should be the exciting rivalry IMO.

Hamilton is a very talented prospect. Hopefully he lives up to the hype (being created) much better than Button.

#32 dizzyloveschelsea

dizzyloveschelsea

Prediction Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:Football, psychology, reading, cooking, spanish.
  • Team:Chelsea F.C

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

One of the best races I've seen for a long, long time. F1 is truly great with a bit of competition.

Brilliant race today. Again Hamilton did fantastically well again. The thing is having been on the podium 3 times in 3 races he's going to feel gutted when his car lets him down!

Edited by dizzyloveschelsea, 15 April 2007 - 08:47 PM.

#33 dizzyloveschelsea

dizzyloveschelsea

Prediction Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

Hamilton in 4th position on the grid today, could be his first disappontment but not a bad thing though.

#34 Diego Costa lot

Diego Costa lot

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,753 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

He's in second at the moment, going well ;)

#35 hanuma

hanuma

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hamilton top of the drivers championship without winning a race. Seems a really nice, intelligent and talented guy.

#36 Diego Costa lot

Diego Costa lot

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

What an amazing start for him, world champion in his first season...........;)

#37 TrueBlueDaemon

TrueBlueDaemon

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

Anyone been to the Monaco grand prix? I'm there next week in the Secteur Rocher - looking for some tips on when to get there and where to grab a spot etc.

#38 Sekhar

Sekhar

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

F1 over the summer is the one thing that prevents me from doing dangerous and stupid stuff to relieve my boredom, now that football is over for a couple of months. Can't wait for Monaco this wkend. Lewis has never lost a a race there, but I think its going to be either Kimi or Massa winning this. Alonso isn't fully harmonised (is there such a word?) with his car yet, so I can't see him winning this unless Mclaren have done some drastic improvements over the past 2 weeks.

Incidently, I've been a Mclaren fan for a long time and I hope that we win the Constructors Championship atleast. Its a tough call to ask either of the drivers to win the Drivers championship in a season, which is really one where Mclaren are looking to build on the teams good performances so far and be as competitive as Ferrari. Ferrari have been ahead pace-wise so far this season, so it kinda says how well Lewis has been to be there at the top of the drivers championship. (Mind you.. this is a slightly biased view..)

Hope that BMW and Red Bull continue to improve. Red Bull really will be strong come the end of the season, (they stole Newey off us.. they should be good). I don't mind a Ferrari-Mclaren battle, but it'll be interesting to see the others challenging and being an ingredient in the race for the championship. Spices things up a bit.

That's my 2 cents on the season so far. Glad to see others enjoy F1 here too.

#39 dizzyloveschelsea

dizzyloveschelsea

Prediction Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

Anyone been to the Monaco grand prix? I'm there next week in the Secteur Rocher - looking for some tips on when to get there and where to grab a spot etc.

Lucky you!! This is my favourite race circuit, very unpredictable. Ferrari not doing so well so far!

#40 Diego Costa lot

Diego Costa lot

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/6698349.stm

Formula One bosses are investigating McLaren for a possible breach of the rules in Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.
McLaren team boss Ron Dennis admitted he prevented Britain's Lewis Hamilton challenging eventual winner Fernando Alonso after their first pit stops.

A statement read: "The FIA has launched an investigation into incidents involving the McLaren Mercedes team."

McLaren denied using team orders, which have been banned since 2002, but said they had employed team strategy.

The FIA is investigating a possible breach of the international sporting code.

The code states it will punish "any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

More in the link above.

#41 dizzyloveschelsea

dizzyloveschelsea

Prediction Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

I read that too, however I think its rubbish. Its very difficult to overtake at Monaco, so the instructions were probably for safety reasons.

#42 Paul Mcgoochan

Paul Mcgoochan

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • Interests:Church,Rugby,Cycling,
    Heavy Metal,
    Reading,History,
    Politics.
  • Team:Born 1905

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

I read that too, however I think its rubbish. Its very difficult to overtake at Monaco, so the instructions were probably for safety reasons.

Agreed, it's far too risky to overtake at Monaco. And the last thing a team needs is for both drivers to take each other off the circuit.
Pure rubbish.

#43 Karan

Karan

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

Back in 2002 both Schumacher and Barrichello were involved in something almost similar when firstly Barrichello slowed down deliberately to allow Schumi to win. Later in the year with the title sealed, Schumi returned the compliment for Barrichello.

Ferrari were fined $ 1 million for this and such orders were banned then on, under the title of 'Team Orders which Interfere with Race Result'.

Hard to say whether this falls under the same category. Nothing much to worry about if I were a McLaren fan (which I'm not). Both were fighting for McLaren's points and are currently tied on equal points individually.

Raikonnen seems to be falling by the wayside here. He needs to learn alot about the Ferrari quickly if he has to make a fist of this title race.

#44 dizzyloveschelsea

dizzyloveschelsea

Prediction Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

Canadian Grand Prix positions after qualifying.

1. Hamilton-McLaren Mercedes (1st Pole position- WOOOHOOO!!)
2. Alonso - McLaren Mercedes.
3. Heidfeld - BMW
4. Raikkonen - Ferrari
5. Massa - Ferrari
6. Webber - Red Bull Renault.

#45 chelsea fan forever

chelsea fan forever

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts
  • Team:CHELSEA!!!!!

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

GOod to see Louis win!! hope he wins, I HATE alonso.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users