Club CFCnet | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Main Site
Photo
- - - - -

2011 Rugby World Cup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#31 Juan Mata Dor

Juan Mata Dor

CFCnet Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,656 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

I know NOTHING about Rugby, so literally have no idea what kind of team we have. Is the young guy from Wasps who went out with Kelly Brook in the squad? Think he has an Italian sort of surname..

#32 Guest_DDA Drogbar_*

Guest_DDA Drogbar_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

I know NOTHING about Rugby, so literally have no idea what kind of team we have. Is the young guy from Wasps who went out with Kelly Brook in the squad? Think he has an Italian sort of surname..

I think he could only be further from the squad if he were from Belgium.

And was a woman.

With no arms.

And lived on Saturn.

#33 Paul Mcgoochan

Paul Mcgoochan

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts
  • Interests:Church,Rugby,Cycling,
    Heavy Metal,
    Reading,History,
    Politics.
  • Team:Born 1905

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

A wins a win, but the Georgians sure put up a fight. A kicker with a better aim would have made it a whole lot different.
England simply can't afford to give away so many penalties.
Great win for Ireland by the way.

#34 CFC1966

CFC1966

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Team:CHELSEA

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Quite content with how we have started the tournament. Hard fought wins, plenty to reflect on and learn from. These tournaments are about building momentum the further you get and if things pan out as they could we could have a "6 Nations" look about our half of the knock out stages. If we get to the final who knows what could happen...

#35 hanuma

hanuma

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

You're missing little to nothing atm mate. Ireland v Australia and Wales v S.Africa were the 'best' games so far and they were for the purists. Lots of floor-grovelling and dry humping. Khobar was right about the direction of the game from the last world cup, the game's going backwards despite the athletes progressing. The lesser sides have got better, but it hasn't mattered at all yet.

The guy you're thinking of is Danny Cipriani. Tranny-shagger, moved to Australia to play and his team have already dropped him twice for stealing a bottle of vodka and generally being a tit. Left out of the squad, but undoubtedly has the natural ability to be starting for England.

#36 Richard Redmond

Richard Redmond

CFCnet Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,955 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea, Heroes in battle, Fantasy-leaguing,1940s/50s films, Cooking steak and mashed potatoes with pepper sauce (hmmm...)
    Debunking the Theory of Evolution : http://evolutionincrisis.blogspot.ie/
  • Team:Chelsea - who else?

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hmmmm. Now if we can beat Russia and Italy, and then win our quarter final. And then come out tops in the semis and go on to clinch it in the final......who knows!!??

#37 Flinkers

Flinkers

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea, Football, Rugby

Donator

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

Thanks for letting me know that. I had no idea!!

Just because they've cocked up in the past, doesn't mean that as soon as they play a good team in a WC they'll lose.

NZ will beat France comfortably.

It may not be comfortable but we'll be alright. I'm more worried about the likely semi against SA or Australia.

Henry has to pick his strongest team and polish his combination play. We're still fairly scrappy.

Weepu starts for me because he's the best short passing halfback we have in the squad and IMO that will cause more damage and frustration to the French than a sniper (Ellis) or distributor (Cowan) will.

My team;

Muliaina
Kahui
Smith
Nonu
Carter
Weepu
Jane

Vito
McCaw
Kaino
Williams
Boric
Woodcock
O. Franks

Edited by Flinkers, 20 September 2011 - 07:56 AM.

#38 TorresTheBlue

TorresTheBlue

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

USA were given a pounding. Another sport to add to the list of sports that they aren't very good at.

Anyway it looks like all the favourites will be going through to the next round, I still think New Zealand are going to win this.

#39 Juan Mata Dor

Juan Mata Dor

CFCnet Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,656 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

So how are England shaping up?

#40 TorresTheBlue

TorresTheBlue

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

So how are England shaping up?

3 wins out of 3 but we haven't been at our best so far. It will get much more difficult when the Knock-out stage begins.

#41 CFC1966

CFC1966

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Team:CHELSEA

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

3 wins out of 3 but we haven't been at our best so far. It will get much more difficult when the Knock-out stage begins.

Hang on, didn't you say we wouldn't get out of the group?

#42 WashingtonBlue

WashingtonBlue

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

USA were given a pounding. Another sport to add to the list of sports that they aren't very good at.

It's actually a pretty short list -- http://www.olympic.it/English/medal -- but no question that the sports that seem to matter most to Brits -- "soccer", rugby and cricket -- are on it. Perhaps not surprising given that we opted out of your empire fairly early and rugby and cricket, at least, seem to be played mostly by your former imperial possessions. "Soccer" is indeed your gift to the overall sporting world. Remind me how that group stage went in South Africa in 2010...I keep forgetting...:):)

#43 Liverlad

Liverlad

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Team:Liverpool

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

Remind me how that group stage went in South Africa in 2010...I keep forgetting...:):)

http://www.newstates...world-cup-match

You "won" 1-1, I believe. ;)

#44 WashingtonBlue

WashingtonBlue

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

http://www.newstates...world-cup-match

You "won" 1-1, I believe. ;)

Indeed. Who says Americans don't do irony...

#45 TorresTheBlue

TorresTheBlue

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

It's actually a pretty short list -- http://www.olympic.it/English/medal -- but no question that the sports that seem to matter most to Brits -- "soccer", rugby and cricket -- are on it. Perhaps not surprising given that we opted out of your empire fairly early and rugby and cricket, at least, seem to be played mostly by your former imperial possessions. "Soccer" is indeed your gift to the overall sporting world. Remind me how that group stage went in South Africa in 2010...I keep forgetting...:):)

But what's that got to do with the Rugby World Cup?

--------

Anyway, it looks like the match between England and Scotland is going to decide which team goes through to the next round. We must win this as we'd never live it down if we got knocked out by Scotland.

Club CFCnet | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Main Site