#1 TreeGeek

TreeGeek

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Team:ChelseaFC

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

We should be looking towards summer. This season is realistically all but over, the only competition we have a shot at is Fa Cup. Even AVB is more and more trying to justify his stay by talking about ''next year's project'' more than often. Maybe that's the reason for reported player's revolt against the manager, who knows....but anyway this is a discussion for another topic, here I want to ask fans, not so much about who they want ''in'' in the summer, but who should go ''out''.

My ''necessary picks'': Bosingwa, Malouda, Kalou, Meireless, Drogba.

other who I wouldn't mind so much if they stayed but if the club got a sensible offer and found a good replacement: Torres, Lampard, Cole, Essien(he isn't getting any younger, the injuries must have taken their toll, club must have learned by now that Chelsea FC is not a charity organization), Cech(obviously there is Courtois, but I think he will spent another year on loan, and then be our long-term no.1. In this case, I must compliment our transfer policy, I think this was a tremendous deal!).

I am definitely for a big revamp in the summer, 2-3 players out just won't do. We missed our chance to squeeze out the old-guard gradually during the previous windows when we should have done so. So a bare minimum of 5 players out(let's don't forget also Hilario and Ferreira who are in last year of their contracts, so besides those two, another 5).

What do you think?

#2 stokerino

stokerino

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • Team:Chelsea, 'natch.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think for a start Cech should be removed from the "could possibly be sold if we get a nice offer" list forthwith.

#3 Yugi

Yugi

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hahaha good thread !
But too early to speak about summer 2012...
We don't even know if we'll qualify for next year Champion's league. The players we'll looking for depend on our potential CL qualification.
You can't tempt players like Hazard, Lucas, Gotze, Hulk with Europa League...

So close this thread and open it up after the last Premier League match

Edit :
But the players out for me are : Bosingwa, Cole, Lampard, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda, Torres, Obi Mikel, Ferreira
After this clear out, we will need 7-8 young and hungry players...

Edited by Yugi, 14 February 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#4 Chelsea'Til_IDie

Chelsea'Til_IDie

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

So, Lampard, Cech, Cole, Torres, Drogba, Malouda and Essien. Why not throw in Terry? And Mata, while we're at it.
I mean, if you want to sell ALL of our star players. Let's go all out.

And preferably replace them with all the expensive, unproven players, like the ones you listed. Lovely.

I bet you always win the championship on footy manager. Because you're friggin' genius.

#5 LosNumerados

LosNumerados

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

We can't get quality players in if we don't qualify fr the Champions League people, no way.
How did Liverpool manage to get Suarez, how did Spurs manage to get Modric... Torres signed for us, right, so did Luiz, known talents with many admirers.
Was our UCL qualification definite at that point?

#6 Yugi

Yugi

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

So, Lampard, Cech, Cole, Torres, Drogba, Malouda and Essien. Why not throw in Terry? And Mata, while we're at it.

And preferably replace them with all the expensive, unproven players, like the ones you listed. Lovely.

I bet you always win the championship on footy manager. Because you're friggin' genius.

I'm not talking about all squad, just about players who are past it and on the wrong side of the 30's...
We can't keep them on silly wages looking how they are underperforming...
They were good players, many of them can be useful in the future, but will not be automatic starters...
We need to buy players who are young, hungry and pushing for a first team spot, CFC is not a nursing home...

We can't get quality players in if we don't qualify fr the Champions League people, no way.
How did Liverpool manage to get Suarez, how did Spurs manage to get Modric... Torres signed for us, right, so did Luiz, known talents with many admirers.
Was our UCL qualification definite at that point?

Modric was unproven player at the time Spuds signed him, just a good Dynamo Zagreb player
Suarez was a good bet and like us for Torres, Liverpool had a clear run on him as nobody was interested in him for winter market.

The problem is all players we are interested in are also tracked by other clubs too...
The UCL qualification definite that a player we would like to sign will choose another club playing CL other us...
Or we can pay silly wages (like City at the begining) to make those wanted players forget that we are not in the CL...

Edited by Yugi, 14 February 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#7 ish

ish

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

malouda, Kalou, bosingwa. the first 2 barely get games and the third just annoys me because he plays stupid.

the other contenders are mikel, meireles and Drogba, I would like all to stay but mikel is struggling for games, meireles I think doesnt know what role he has each game since he is played all over the place(we dont need a jack of all trades midfielder, either play him defensive or in attack he is no good as an actual CM), Drogba I think has contract running out so its partly up to him.

in terms of who we get in, bring mata centrally for games means left wing is open. get a left winger, good luck, barely any good ones out there. RB is again important, I would be tempted to place Essien as the back up to iva personally and get another midfielder with passing game. next either trust bertrand properly or sell him and buy a left back. finally give sturridge games as CF and get a right winger.

honestly unless you spend big or aim for random unknown stuff chances of getting decent players is slim

#8 vademooo

vademooo

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Hunting
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Agree! I think we should send all the key players from Mourinho. They still want to play with him and it is the biggest obstacle against us for a long time.
We can replace Cech. We have 2 talented young keepers.
Lampard can be replace with Modric, Essien can be replaced with Banega, Maluda can be replaced with Kevin, Drogba will be replaced with Lukaku. Terry cannot be replaced easily but we can find some players.
I also do not want to see Torres with us next year. We can use him to swap someone.
We really do not need superstars. We need quality hardworker players

#9 TreeGeek

TreeGeek

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Agree! I think we should send all the key players from Mourinho. They still want to play with him and it is the biggest obstacle against us for a long time.
We can replace Cech. We have 2 talented young keepers.
Lampard can be replace with Modric, Essien can be replaced with Banega, Maluda can be replaced with Kevin, Drogba will be replaced with Lukaku. Terry cannot be replaced easily but we can find some players.
I also do not want to see Torres with us next year. We can use him to swap someone.
We really do not need superstars. We need quality hardworker players

vademoo, the one's post you quoted is sarcastic. He actually disagrees with you. Those ''stars'' you mentioned Chelsea'Til_IDie, they're just names, nothing else. Exactly this kind of thinking brought Chelsea in the trouble we are now. ''OOh, we have stars, we should be ok''. Everyone is forgeting stars don't last forever.

#10 TreeGeek

TreeGeek

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think for a start Cech should be removed from the "could possibly be sold if we get a nice offer" list forthwith.

Cech has been at fault for many this year's goals. Maybe he will be a no.1 for next season, but then you can count on that Courtois will take his place. You think Courtois was messing around when he said that Chelsea is worried about Cech. Someone inside the club must have told him that, don't you think....

Edited by TreeGeek, 14 February 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#11 Sleeping Dave

Sleeping Dave

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. End of.
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

What do you think?

If all the names above is to leave we're left with;

Courtois,Turnbull, Hilario; Ferreira, Ivanovic, Bruma, Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, Van Aanholt; Mikel, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, McEachran, Kakuta, De Bruyne; Lukaku, Sturridge.

That's 20 players if the club deem Courtois, Bertrand, Van Aanholt, Bruma, McEachran, Kakuta and De Bruyne good enough to be in the squad and play a role. I think that's very ambitious.

I think your idea are less than ideal. The mere cost of the players to replace Cech, Cole, Bosingwa, Malouda, Meireles, Lampard, Essien, Kalou, Drogba and Torres is mindboggling. I agree there needs to be changes, but I think we should focus on the players we could easily do without.

GK: Cech and Turnbull to stay. New third/second choice keeper or promote Sam Walker/Delac/Courtois. Personally I'd promote one of the youngsters already on our books.

DF: Agree Bosingwa needs to leave. I'd also let Ferreira go. He's reportedly on 70k/week and that is money down the drain as he rarely plays. A new RB should be a priority and he should fight it out with Ivanovic I reckon. I do agree we could do with a new first choice LB (if we let Cole go) but I reckon we could do with letting PVA/Bertrand have some more game time and ease the burden for Ash. Atleast for another season. Bruma, playing regularly in the Bundesliga is good enough to be 4th choice. Hutchinson to act as a allround backup for the season.

New RB/Ivanovic/Hutchinson - Terry/Luiz/Cahill/Bruma - Cole/PvA/Bertrand

CM: I'd never let Lampard or Essien leave. Not a chance. The core is already there in Mikel, Lampard, Essien and Ramires. No need to change that. I'd take McEachran back (or loan him out first 6 months of the season), let Meireles go and go for a midfielder that has good passing distribution and creative spark. Doesn't have to be a Modric for £40m, but someone in that mould. I'd happily take a young up and coming that hasn't proved himself at the highest level yet.

New CM/Mikel/Romeu/Lampard/Essien/Ramires/McEachran

AM/W: Kalou and Malouda to leave. That's a given. Coupled with Nic leaving we are three "wingers" short. This is where I think we need to put most of our attention this summer. KDB can act as backup here but I think he will be better in a more central position. Would like to see us play 4-2-3-1 with Mata in a central role (with KDB his back up) so two or three "wide" players would be desireble to complement Sturridge. This will however end up costing an arm and a leg... Sure, perhaps Kakuta could be one of them in a marginalised role but that still means two viable first choice "wingers" are a priority.

New Winger/New Winger/Sturridge/Mata/KDB/Kakuta

S: This is difficult. Lack of wingers means Sturridge is bound to continue to be stuck out right. Torres misfiring and Drogba on a decline. Lukaku not yet ready... Again, one or two of our current options needs to step up massively or we need to dip in again in the transfer market. It pains me to say it but I reckon this is it for the old Drogs. His contract is up and he won't sign a new one with us on heavily reduced terms. He's gone. That leaves us with Torres and Lukaku and that is obviously too short. We need another option upfront to complement the other two. Should Torres continue to misfire I feel he will leave summer 2013.

New Striker/Torres/Lukaku

So that's:

Out: Hilario, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Meireles, Kalou, Malouda, Drogba
In: RB, CM, W, W, S

This will still leave us slightly short in the striker and wing positions I reckon. But it's a start.

#12 LosNumerados

LosNumerados

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Modric was unproven player at the time Spuds signed him, just a good Dynamo Zagreb player
Suarez was a good bet and like us for Torres, Liverpool had a clear run on him as nobody was interested in him for winter market.

The problem is all players we are interested in are also tracked by other clubs too...
The UCL qualification definite that a player we would like to sign will choose another club playing CL other us...
Or we can pay silly wages (like City at the begining) to make those wanted players forget that we are not in the CL...

Very true.
Modric was unproven leaving Dinamo Zagreb & Torres was proven leaving Liverpool.
Everybody!! What do you think about Eden Hazard? Is he proven or unproven, because I don't know what the status quo's requirements are these days for proven players.

Yugi says we can forget about getting good players without the Champions League, we have to go for unproven players rather than proven players.
So I need to know whether Hazard is proven or not. Since he is just a good Lille player.

Wait a minute, so now you are saying that, having UCL the following season will be a blow to our chances, rather than something that stops us from getting quality players altogether, that's what you are saying now right & you now recognise there are other factors.

Eden Hazard as an example, who actually really favoured Madrid, has decided to come to the Premier League, one of the most important things for him is to be at a big club, where he plays. If you were an agent, would you have advised your client to sign for Everton over Liverpool when it seemed that Everton were in the UCL & Liverpool were not going to be in it, or do you think that perhaps they aren't going to make decisions based off of one season?

#13 Stroker CFC

Stroker CFC

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

The usual suspects need to leave. Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa, Drogba, Ferreira and Hilario.

I'd sell Luiz if we could recover the 18million we paid for him. Great hair and funny bloke but he's a **** defender.

Torres must also go,if anyones silly enough to buy him.

#14 TreeGeek

TreeGeek

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

If all the names above is to leave we're left with;

Courtois,Turnbull, Hilario; Ferreira, Ivanovic, Bruma, Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, Van Aanholt; Mikel, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, McEachran, Kakuta, De Bruyne; Lukaku, Sturridge.

That's 20 players if the club deem Courtois, Bertrand, Van Aanholt, Bruma, McEachran, Kakuta and De Bruyne good enough to be in the squad and play a role. I think that's very ambitious.

I think your idea are less than ideal. The mere cost of the players to replace Cech, Cole, Bosingwa, Malouda, Meireles, Lampard, Essien, Kalou, Drogba and Torres is mindboggling. I agree there needs to be changes, but I think we should focus on the players we could easily do without.

GK: Cech and Turnbull to stay. New third/second choice keeper or promote Sam Walker/Delac/Courtois. Personally I'd promote one of the youngsters already on our books.

DF: Agree Bosingwa needs to leave. I'd also let Ferreira go. He's reportedly on 70k/week and that is money down the drain as he rarely plays. A new RB should be a priority and he should fight it out with Ivanovic I reckon. I do agree we could do with a new first choice LB (if we let Cole go) but I reckon we could do with letting PVA/Bertrand have some more game time and ease the burden for Ash. Atleast for another season. Bruma, playing regularly in the Bundesliga is good enough to be 4th choice. Hutchinson to act as a allround backup for the season.

New RB/Ivanovic/Hutchinson - Terry/Luiz/Cahill/Bruma - Cole/PvA/Bertrand

CM: I'd never let Lampard or Essien leave. Not a chance. The core is already there in Mikel, Lampard, Essien and Ramires. No need to change that. I'd take McEachran back (or loan him out first 6 months of the season), let Meireles go and go for a midfielder that has good passing distribution and creative spark. Doesn't have to be a Modric for £40m, but someone in that mould. I'd happily take a young up and coming that hasn't proved himself at the highest level yet.

New CM/Mikel/Romeu/Lampard/Essien/Ramires/McEachran

AM/W: Kalou and Malouda to leave. That's a given. Coupled with Nic leaving we are three "wingers" short. This is where I think we need to put most of our attention this summer. KDB can act as backup here but I think he will be better in a more central position. Would like to see us play 4-2-3-1 with Mata in a central role (with KDB his back up) so two or three "wide" players would be desireble to complement Sturridge. This will however end up costing an arm and a leg... Sure, perhaps Kakuta could be one of them in a marginalised role but that still means two viable first choice "wingers" are a priority.

New Winger/New Winger/Sturridge/Mata/KDB/Kakuta

S: This is difficult. Lack of wingers means Sturridge is bound to continue to be stuck out right. Torres misfiring and Drogba on a decline. Lukaku not yet ready... Again, one or two of our current options needs to step up massively or we need to dip in again in the transfer market. It pains me to say it but I reckon this is it for the old Drogs. His contract is up and he won't sign a new one with us on heavily reduced terms. He's gone. That leaves us with Torres and Lukaku and that is obviously too short. We need another option upfront to complement the other two. Should Torres continue to misfire I feel he will leave summer 2013.

New Striker/Torres/Lukaku

So that's:

Out: Hilario, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Meireles, Kalou, Malouda, Drogba
In: RB, CM, W, W, S

This will still leave us slightly short in the striker and wing positions I reckon. But it's a start.

Very sensible post, I agree! But I don't know how much longer the club can afford to support Torres...wouldn't be suprised if he was offered to Atletico for Falcao, this move would make a lot of sense. Plus, Lukaku will most probably go on a season-long loan, so that leaves us with just 2 strikers- Sturridge +let's say Torres for now ;) You think that's enough?

#15 sebcfc

sebcfc

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

If I was in charge this is what I would do:

Out

Hilario
Paulo
Bosingwa
Kalou
Malouda
Mikel
Drogba (more because I don't think he will sign for only 1 year)
Benayoun

In
Sorensen (Or a similar type GK)
Azpilicueta
Eriksen
Goetz
Willan
Cavani

Loan (with potential for 1st team)

McEarchran ( 6 months to begin with)
Bruma
Kalas (Needs a better league - Germany maybe?)
Courtois
Kakuta (6 Months)
Piazon (English based team, maybe someone like Blackpool or a Wigan)
Chalobah (Same as Piazon)
Lukaku (6 months to a PL Team)
De Bruyne (To a league such as the French/German, not the Dutch)

First Team

GK - Cech, Sorensen, Turnball
CB's - Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic
FB's - Cole, Bertrand, Azpilicueta
DMF - Romeu, Essien
CM - Ramires, Lampard, Eriksen, Miereles,
AM - Mata, Goetz, Willan
CF - Cavani, Torres, Sturridge

I know the squad would be lowish on numbers, but in this squad their would be a number of players who could be played in various positions, such as Ivanovic, Sturridge, Mata and Goetz. Also, for the loan deals of Courtois, McEarchran, Kalas, De Bruyne and Lukaku I would have the option of calling them back and/or have their deals only run until January.
Line Up

---------------------------Cech--------------------------
Azpilicueta---------Luiz----------Terry----------Cole
--------------------------Essien-------------------------
-----Ramires----------------------Eriksen/Goetz----
Goetz/Sturridge----------------------------------Mata
--------------------------Cavani-------------------------

Bench

Sorensen
Ivanovic
Romeu
Lampard
Willan
Sturridge
Torres

However, I can not really see that happening as it would cost us around £150m. While, I doubt players such as Goetz would join us.

Edited by sebcfc, 14 February 2012 - 06:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Club CFCnet | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Main Site