Photo

Munich!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#136 dgibbo1986

dgibbo1986

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

We'll just have to get pissed outside the ground and go in.

I second that.

#137 Backbiter

Backbiter

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Saturday weather forecast looks superb.

#138 JayD

JayD

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Where is every actually going then, odeonsplatz or what?

#139 chelsea1905

chelsea1905

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Team:The Champions of Europe

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

Where is every actually going then, odeonsplatz or what?

Marienplatz is likely to be the most popular and, if you're there early enough, Hofbrauhaus (never been but heard it's one of the best beer halls in Munich), will be heaving though

#140 Ham

Ham

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Team:Champions of Europe 2012

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've done the same, just got to hope the tickets turn up on time now.

Mine arrived today so I'm guessing you'll get yours tomorrow. Good old Viagogo.

On the subject of where everyone is meeting, a quick look at google maps tells me that marienplatz and odeonsplatz are a short walk from each other.

The public viewing at theresienwiese (Oktoberfest) is also just a walk away. Looks like a stunning city too.

Three more sleeps until I leave. Get in!

#141 seasideblues

seasideblues

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:cfc,northern soul music
  • Team:chelsea

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Anyone else travelling from the north on thursday ( cfc excile now living in blackpool ) ......catching the 3 pm coach thursday and stopping at motel one munchen deutshes museum hotel.

Any pubs to meet before coach leaves on thursday

#142 JayD

JayD

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

5pm coach from the bridge. Couple of pre-coach warm up beers in the imperial.

#143 chelseaboy89

chelseaboy89

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Anyone flying on Friday via Milan?

I fly out from Heathrow to Milan 18.50 on Friday, then have 6.30 flight from Milan to Munich Saturday morning.

#144 blueboy1905

blueboy1905

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Team:chelsea

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Gather round Chaps,

As you will now all know our target this weekend is Munich.

It’s a bloody long way right into the heart of enemy territory but we all know that if anyone call pull of this raid it is us. The crews from Lancashire and the Gunners from N5-1BU squadron all failed early in this campaign but let us show the world that England is still up for it.
We have taken a lot of flak along the way. It was a close run thing with both the Ities and the Spicks. I’m glad to say our second sortie with the Italians went the way we wanted and our defences held firm against the Catalan separatists. But these battles are behind us and we need to focus on the one ahead.
The 1st recon units will be dropping into place from 0800 today. They will be supported by the 2nd wave 24 hours later.

They will let us know how well prepared Jerry is before our main forces arrive on mass from first light on the 18th. The last of our airborne troops and the bulk of our land forces will roll into Munich on the 19th.
We intend to keep the Hun on their toes. To do this we will be coming at them from all angles. They will be expecting us to take the airstrip at Munich so we will use the airfields at Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hanover and Linz as backup. Speed will be of the essence. We need to rendezvous in the City centre then hold it. Once we have all our battalions in place there is little Jerry will be able to do to budge us. If we stand together we will win this.
That’s about it Chaps. Remember to wear you regimental colours, we don’t want any accidental Blue on Blue skirmishes. I want everyone back to Blighty in one piece.

Good luck and UP THE BLUES.

Edited by blueboy1905, 16 May 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#145 ACE_FX

ACE_FX

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

We would like to make you aware of a deal we have exclusively to Chelsea fans visiting Munich this weekend. Attached it a voucher guaranteeing them the best EUR rates in the UK
http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

#146 Ham

Ham

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Team:Champions of Europe 2012

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Gather round Chaps,

As you will now all know our target this weekend is Munich.

It’s a bloody long way right into the heart of enemy territory but we all know that if anyone call pull of this raid it is us. The crews from Lancashire and the Gunners from N5-1BU squadron all failed early in this campaign but let us show the world that England is still up for it.
We have taken a lot of flak along the way. It was a close run thing with both the Ities and the Spicks. I’m glad to say our second sortie with the Italians went the way we wanted and our defences held firm against the Catalan separatists. But these battles are behind us and we need to focus on the one ahead.
The 1st recon units will be dropping into place from 0800 today. They will be supported by the 2nd wave 24 hours later.

They will let us know how well prepared Jerry is before our main forces arrive on mass from first light on the 18th. The last of our airborne troops and the bulk of our land forces will roll into Munich on the 19th.
We intend to keep the Hun on their toes. To do this we will be coming at them from all angles. They will be expecting us to take the airstrip at Munich so we will use the airfields at Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hanover and Linz as backup. Speed will be of the essence. We need to rendezvous in the City centre then hold it. Once we have all our battalions in place there is little Jerry will be able to do to budge us. If we stand together we will win this.
That’s about it Chaps. Remember to wear you regimental colours, we don’t want any accidental Blue on Blue skirmishes. I want everyone back to Blighty in one piece.

Good luck and UP THE BLUES.

Bloody inspiring stuff, what?

Tally ho chaps. Hurrah!

#147 mdavid

mdavid

CFCnet Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Team:Chealsea

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Friends I was wondering if anyone knows how much would it cost to travel in rental car hire from london to Munich?