Photo

Munich!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#16 Sleeping Dave

Sleeping Dave

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,236 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. End of.
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Flight Friday morning at 8am from Stansted to Stuttgart. Travelling with four other mates. Will land in Stuttgart at 10:25 and then meet up some mates in Stuttgart to have lunch/drinks and then take the 12:53 train to Munich. Think we will be somewhere around 10 Chelsea fans that I know of on that train.

Way back is similar with train back to Stuttgart 13:44 and flying back to Stansted at 19:05 and will be back in London at 19:35 with some unforgetable memories!

£150 for the roundtrip with GermanWings. Touch.

#17 thevelourfog

thevelourfog

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Just booked the official TC coach package, not the greatest deal or most fun but it gets you there without you having to engage your brain and means the ticket is sorted.

By the by, does anyone know how tickets work with the TC coach package? My package includes a Category 4 ticket but I'm not clear on whether or not I'm guarenteed that when my booking is finalised.

Edit- Okay, now figured out that TC 'buy' my ticket for me when the club's selling policy allows them (115 loyalty points, so I think I'll be okay, possibly not during the first sale). I presume this all happens automatically as and when it can and TC confirm my booking when that happens. Anyone know from experience? I also guess that means that, should the coach fill up with people able to get tickets earlier than me, I miss out entirely?

Really hope not, my only option financially is the coach. Would it kill TC or Chelsea to put some proper details up?

Edited by thevelourfog, 25 April 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#18 bronzer

bronzer

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Team:chelsea

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Got the flights sorted but anyone got any recommendations for cheap(ish) places to stay?

#19 SebastienBonny

SebastienBonny

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hotels are very expensive.
Just found one in the city of Munich for 60 pounds, which is very cheap.
The 13 rooms available were sold out in 5 minutes.

I'm going to drive over there, since it's only a 500 miles ride from Belgium.

Edited by SebastienBonny, 26 April 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#20 luxsman

luxsman

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Team:chelsea

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

www.evergreencoaches.co.uk for return coach travel £79

#21 ravenblue

ravenblue

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:football, American Football, Cricket... most sports really

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm toying with flying BA to Salzburg for £60 odd then train to Munich from there.

#22 JayD

JayD

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'm toying with flying BA to Salzburg for £60 odd then train to Munich from there.

Nice option that, shame its 200+ now

#23 Sleeping Dave

Sleeping Dave

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,236 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. End of.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Nice option that, shame its 200+ now

Try £350.

Lol.

#24 Scooba

Scooba

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea, Going out, Drinking, The Gym!

Donator

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Anyone find any cheap-ish hostels or hotels? I am really struggling to find accomodation!

#25 MHU88

MHU88

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Driving to Dover, ferry to Calais and driving there! We have a full car so shouldn't be too bad on petrol, just need to find a hotel now!!

#26 SebastienBonny

SebastienBonny

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Driving to Dover, ferry to Calais and driving there! We have a full car so shouldn't be too bad on petrol, just need to find a hotel now!!

Anyone find any cheap-ish hostels or hotels? I am really struggling to find accomodation!

You can try outside the city.
Some 10 miles from the city you have payable accomodation...

You can use public transport or your own car to get to the city or stadium.

Edited by SebastienBonny, 26 April 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#27 bluepuma

bluepuma

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Just booked a cheapo hotel in Augsburg, which is about 70kms this side of Munich (and about 35 mins on the train). Planning to drive there and possibly get the train in. (No prospect of tickets, btw, just going for the experience - so will be back here nearer the time for suggestions of bars to head for!)

If anyone thinks that may be of use, it was the Etap Hotel in Augsburg. Bookable via http://www.accorhote...dom/index.shtml - at the moment it's EUR42 (about £35) - but there's currently no charge for cancellation so I thought worth bagging just in case. Quite a good chain for budget hotels generally.

Also if anyone needs it, the german trains are Deutsche Bahn - easy to use and all in English at http://www.bahn.com/.../en/index.shtml

#28 Erland Johnson

Erland Johnson

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I am flying to Berlin on the Friday - will spend the day/night there.. Early flight 1hr on sat morning to Munich arrive at 9... first flight back in the morning to Berlin (will head to the airport after the game) and then back hom a little later.. £270 round trip including 1 night stay at airport hotel in Berlin... Long trip but hopefully will be worth it!

#29 Scooba

Scooba

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea, Going out, Drinking, The Gym!

Donator

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

You can try outside the city.
Some 10 miles from the city you have payable accomodation...

You can use public transport or your own car to get to the city or stadium.

I have booked a hotel in Puchheim just outside Munich near Germering. There are only 2 of us travelling and we are flying from Manchester with Singapore airlines, arriving on the sat 19th at 12.15pm. If anyone else arrives to the airport at this time on their own or with a friend and are staying in the same area then get in touch and we can arrange to share a taxi which would make getting from airport to hotel a lot easier and less expensive.

#30 MHU88

MHU88

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hotel booked, there are four of us, we're getting an early channel crossing on the friday and then driving and staying friday night and saturday night. , There are four of us so petrol and driving will be divided, and hotel works out at £75 per person per night. Hotel is a bit steep but by far the cheapest that I found and in a great location (3 stops from the central station). Hotel is called 'Hotel Pension Schmellergarten'