Photo

Munich!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#31 AttilaM

AttilaM

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:CHELSEA FC
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Me and my mate are going by Coach 149 pound leaves on Thursday afternoon at 3pm from the Albert Embankment and arrives in Munich at 10am Friday morning. Booked a hotel just outside Munich for 53 pounds including breakfast was the cheapest I found so happy with that! The coach returns after the game (and on the coach I forgot to mention there is a hostess who comes to your seat and sells BEER!!! not like the official Chelsea coach where no alcahol is allowed).
I ain't got a ticket for the game but just wanna be in Munich with proper fans to enjoy the atmosphere. If anyone wants any details about travel/ hotel will be happy to reply and good luck to everyone going to Munich and look forward to seeing you all there!!

#32 Bridge Soldier

Bridge Soldier

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Got an exam on the friday that finishes at 1pm. I need to find a coach that leaves in the afternoon and drives through the night. Nobody to go with for financial/work reasons, but I still want to be there.

#33 AttilaM

AttilaM

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:CHELSEA FC

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Got an exam on the friday that finishes at 1pm. I need to find a coach that leaves in the afternoon and drives through the night. Nobody to go with for financial/work reasons, but I still want to be there.

Try this site mate there doing coach trips that leave at 3pm from the Embankment on the Friday 99 quid.
www.coachinnovations.co.uk

#34 Destination Munich

Destination Munich

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Coachinnovations.co.uk

We have the following deals available;

Return executive coach travel at 99.

Return luxury coach travel from just 129

These two trips depart London at 3pm on the Friday.

They take in a Ferry at Calais and then travel overnight to Munich.

Before arriving in the centre of Munich the coaches stop off to allow people to shower, get changed and freshen up !

Arrival at our Irish Bar in Munich is at 9am where you can do as you please all day in the build up to the match.

All non essential items can be left securely on board whilst you enjoy the day and evening.

After the match the return journey is again through the night and direct back to London, arriving in London on Sunday afternoon.

Luxury coaches offer an on board hostess service serving hot snacks & beverages.

The luxury coaches also offer reclining seats and a very healthy amount of legroom enabling an extremely comfortable journey.

Check out our website where bookings can be made or give us a call on 01562 743 138.

These coaches are an excellent way to get to Munich, fun, relaxed and great value.

#35 ShedRow2

ShedRow2

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

2 of us driving. Leaving Friday morning, get the Eurotunnel at 8am ish. Drive all the way to just outside Germany Friday night and stay in a cheap motorway hotel. Saturday morning drive into Munich, check into hotel 8km from the ground and start enjoying the build up. Hotel is City Partner Hotel, Alarun. ST with 97points so fingers crossed will be inside the ground rather than outside it!

#36 loonymcgreat

loonymcgreat

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Team:FC Chelsea

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm going too, we are filling the bus and I'm pretty sure 30 supporters from Slovenia will go, without tickets but who cares :D will there be any fan zone near the stadium or in the city for all ticketless fans?

#37 ShedRow2

ShedRow2

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I went to the Champions league final in 2010 in Madrid and they had massive fan parks. Would definitely be worth the trip for any fan without a ticket if they did a similar thing in Germany.

#38 Ham

Ham

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Team:Champions of Europe 2012

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Try this site mate there doing coach trips that leave at 3pm from the Embankment on the Friday 99 quid.
www.coachinnovations.co.uk

Booked. Given how long we'll be on the road the extra 30 for the coaches with extra legroom was a no brainer. Apparently this firm took 18 fulham coaches to Germany for the Thursday Cup so should be plenty for us.

Counting the days..........

#39 East Lower

East Lower

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Interests:CFC, Scuba Diving

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Unfortunately I've got a limited window of time, must go out late Friday or early Saturday and must be back Sunday pm so options are limited. Has anyone else used Thomson? They've an ad on this site. Ought to be reliable enough but they do state the trip is dependant on minimum numbers being achieved. The price of £429 is as good for that type of trip as I've seen anyway to date - It's still a bit of a p***-take though.

The £499 wanted by Thomas Cook is outrageous and maybe for once, they being a 'Partner' of the Club, that the club could have suggested not taking the mickey quite so much for these trips, shouldn't be surprised though, given their financial position they'll want to make a packet. You can only vote with your money so we'll be giving that 'deal' a swerve.

Anyone heard of any other flight packages? These two, the Ryanair rip-off and the less than reliable SportOptions trips are the only ones I have found.

#40 torresforlife2012

torresforlife2012

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Team:chelsea

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

SORTED!
Thought id get on here to tell you guys early incase your rushing around trying to get travel booked.

Last night found this site, rang them up, £79 each and booked 4 places, picking us up from the bridge and its done, piece of piss!
Trust me guys, get on it, quick
http://www.evergreencoaches.co.uk

oh and even a quiz on board! ha :)

#41 Sleeping Dave

Sleeping Dave

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. End of.
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I spent £150 on my flights/train but starting to regret not doing a coach. £79-129 and you'd save on at least one nights hotel...

Oh well. At least I didn't pay more than £250 for return travel and two nights in a hotel. Some people have forked out £500+.

Still - a once in a lifetime opportunity to play the hosts in a Champions League final! Will be massive!

#42 SebastienBonny

SebastienBonny

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

I spent £150 on my flights/train but starting to regret not doing a coach. £79-129 and you'd save on at least one nights hotel...

Oh well. At least I didn't pay more than £250 for return travel and two nights in a hotel. Some people have forked out £500+.

Still - a once in a lifetime opportunity to play the hosts in a Champions League final! Will be massive!

150 still is a good deal I guess :)
I paid 40 for my hotel on friday and 60 for my hotel on saturday, so 100 pounds for accomodation in the city center of München.
We are driving from Belgium (500 miles) with two persons, so diesel should be around 40 pounds each.
Ticket will be our biggest cost ;-)

Edited by SebastienBonny, 27 April 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#43 East Lower

East Lower

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Interests:CFC, Scuba Diving

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Booked the Thomsonsport flight at £429, got my confirmation and they'd charged me the reduced price of £399. I thought that was pretty fair. Just hope that the plane gets full enough to actually go.

#44 cook0891

cook0891

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have booked a hotel in Puchheim just outside Munich near Germering. There are only 2 of us travelling and we are flying from Manchester with Singapore airlines, arriving on the sat 19th at 12.15pm. If anyone else arrives to the airport at this time on their own or with a friend and are staying in the same area then get in touch and we can arrange to share a taxi which would make getting from airport to hotel a lot easier and less expensive.

hi mate,

me and mate on same flight but back the Sunday morning so not stopping. Straight out in Munich. Can share a taxi if your going via Munich. No worries if not or that not in right direction to your hotel. If interested private message me your number or just reply on here. Cheers

#45 Backbiter

Backbiter

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Helpful advice for anyone flying into Munich airport:
Take the S-bahn train into the centre, which takes about 40 minutes (about as quick as a taxi). You buy your ticket from the machine at the airport, which takes notes, coins and cards. If you're in a group, choose the Partner Day Ticket, or Partner - Tages - Karte in German. This is valid for the entire Munich transport network for the whole day - trains, tube, trams and buses. It costs just 19 euros for up to 5 people (and if you're with any under 16's, two travel for each adult, (so the ticket would cover, say 2 adults and 6 kids)), so it's under 4 euros each, which will get you from the airport to your hotel, into the centre, out to the stadium and back, and back to your hotel.
It's an unbelievable deal, but you have to be travelling together.
http://www.mvv-muenc...cket/index.html

Edited by Backbiter, 28 April 2012 - 11:21 PM.