Juan Mata Dor

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,656 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

As long as you stick it as a blue, then fair enough!

#17 Harvz

Harvz

Senior Moderator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,708 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Donator

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for all of your replies, though why would I need to change my username? I am just an honest person and never mean to anyone so that's why I introduced myself like I did. I just want to be accepted on this forum. I also understand that I am not a one club person and stick with them thick and thin, to some people that is a bad thing and I respect that and understand why people are against it.

You don't need to. Just a light-hearted observation that you'll probably be labelled according to your original post when it heats up in here. If you're not one to post debatable arguments or get in peoples faces (or respond when they get in yours) then it probably won't happen too much ;) Don't worry!

#18 NW21

NW21

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

You don't need to. Just a light-hearted observation that you'll probably be labelled according to your original post when it heats up in here. If you're not one to post debatable arguments or get in peoples faces (or respond when they get in yours) then it probably won't happen too much ;) Don't worry!

I'm definitely not one for arguing or anything like that, thanks :)

#19 Sciatika

Sciatika

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. I've been with the club since the late sixties I have been described as a JCL and a glory hunter on this forum within the last few months alone and a lot worse before that.

#20 Stim

Stim

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Has to be a troll. Even if you did 'swap clubs' you still wouldn't be stupid enough to think its a good idea to be vocal about it.

#21 JCX

JCX

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

Chelsea is my first club and Juventus is my second club.'

Since a Kid I was raised as a Chelsea fan from my fathers side of family and Juventus fan from my mothers side of the family.

I love both clubs!!!! Call it what you want, but I love them both. Chelsea is my favorite though, I wont lie, but I love Juventus aswell :)

I was raised with Del Piero and therefore he is my favorite players of all time, followed by Frank Lampard :)

#22 Zwicky

Zwicky

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Athletics, NFL Films, U.S. sports, tennis, swimming.
  • Team:CFC, Mavericks, Giants, Bulls

Donator

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Nothing wrong with changing the team if there is a convincing reason. Why do people make such a drama out of it? It's sports after all. Why sticking to a team/club just for the sake of sticking? What if you simply can't identify yourself anymore with your club for whatever reason? It's so easy to call him a glory hunter and to preach that one simply has to stick around with one club the entire life but let me ask you this, if it's that easy, then why do couples or marriage partners even part their ways? Why not sticking together until death? Statistically every 3rd marriage is being divorced within a couple of years. Look, I'm all for sticking to your club through bad times such as relegation or poor performances over a longer period of time because that's what being a fan is all about. If you witness the bad times then the good times will feel so much sweeter. But if there is a specific, genuine or even personal reason that leads to losing any identification to the club, then why sticking just for the sake of sticking? The main reason for being a fan is the ability to identify yourself with the club. If that condition is no longer given, then it doesn't make any sense to stick any longer. What if you are forced to do so by actions from your club that you simply can't tolerate within your very own principles and human/moral values. Actions that leave you disgusted? Like in every other part of life, people just move on, they just realign and adapt themselves to new partners, cities, cultures, sport clubs and that's it. It's part of life. And by the way, this is not directed at anyone particularly but I've seen fans on this board talking about how they will always support CFC through thick and thin only to abuse our own players in every single matchthread when they lost a match. Well, I certainly don't need these kind of fans. No matter how long they've been supporting the club. Such a behavior is far far worse than changing a team. Anyway, welcome to the forum NW21.

Edited by Mighty Di Matteo, 03 June 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#23 Stim

Stim

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

While that is cool and all, that is something you tell yourself to make yourself feel better, not something you tell to a group of supporters who constantly have their support questioned and insulted because of people like them. It's not exactly gonna make them warm to your presence.

#24 Zwicky

Zwicky

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Athletics, NFL Films, U.S. sports, tennis, swimming.
  • Team:CFC, Mavericks, Giants, Bulls

Donator

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

While that is cool and all, that is something you tell yourself to make yourself feel better, not something you tell to a group of supporters who constantly have their support questioned and insulted because of people like them. It's not exactly gonna make them warm to your presence.

I agree that he should have kept it to himself. But he didn't, so let's make the best out of it. He's welcome.

#25 King Josť

King Josť

Forecast King 2012

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Football, Boxing, Movies, Gaming, Music, UFC and everything Chelsea!
  • Team:Chelsea Football Club!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Just remember you can't change your colours...

Unless you're Cardiff!

Be a true blue : )

Edited by NandoNumberNine, 06 June 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#26 Django

Django

CFCnet Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

You can do what you please, but I do feel sorry for you. Like most people on here, I didn't pick Chelsea, Chelsea picked me. I have no "second team", my team is Chelsea. It's a bond that is life-long and I just can't imagine something like the CL win being as special to a fan who chaged alleigiances as it is to the rest of us. My advice would be to get behind Villa, but if you are desperate for a new team to follow, you can do a lot worse that The Famous CFC.

#27 JCX

JCX

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

I've been bleeding blue since 1997!! Was 6 years old then. I would say I was born a true blue, but my assumption is that at 6 years old you have enough sense as to who you actually support and not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Club CFCnet | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Main Site