All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. World Cup 2018

I don't know what they put in their tea, but Russia are going at it all guns blazing!
  3. World Cup 2018

In two years they will both be both be first team regulars and top top players. I will book mark this post!
  4. Conte, stay or go?

Even if he was, he isn't the type that answers a straight question from the press just because he is asked. I guess he tried to be enigmatic, but the determination to put claims into his mouth by press and fans is just too great for some of them.
  5. Conte, stay or go?

I'm with you on that. Hazard doesn't strike me as the type of player who would attempt to force the club to get rid of a manager. He has two years left on his current contract, with a new contract on the table. Given his age and the current situation (no DoF, possible change of manager, etc) I don't think it's unusual him wanting to know what's happening before committing himself to the club. That he has said he wants to know what's happening, added to the fact that the press have had Conte facing the sack since the first game of the season, it's very easy to add two and two and make five; ie Hazard wants Conte sacked if the club want him to sign the new contract.
  6. World Cup 2018

Ampadu is 4 or 5 years younger and a CB at that. Half a generation behind I'd say, not peaking till RLC and Abraham are close to retirement. I don't really buy this idea that he is on the edge of our first team already - or if he is then he is better than JT.
  7. Today
  8. Conte, stay or go?

Well I will beg to differ because the chances that Morata was missing last season (particularly one on ones with keepers) are EXACTLY the type of chances that Vardy would have put away without even thinking. And IMO Moratas chief attribute is his pace the same as Vardy. Your stats are somewhat based on the fact that apart from his little purple patch where he got about 7 goals in 8 games , Morata was either injured or primarily dropped because even Conte could see he'd lost it. His goals per minutes on pitch then look more impressive than they really are, and the fact that he's a bit injury prone is not a plus point. By that same comparison I could argue that Bats is twice the player that Morata is. I will point to the fact that Vardy scored 20 prem goals in a pretty average team last season compared to Morata barely reaching double figures, and he has done it consistently too. For me it is not even a contest between the two (not at the moment it's not). Vardy would have got 20 for us last season as sure as eggs are eggs and that would have made a very different season.
  9. World Cup 2018

Well let's give him a chance. He must get a least the same opportunity as Bakka got . A proper run and a chance to develop. If he doesnt cut the mustard I'll be the first to admit it. And yes Abraham is a great prospect . I'd love to see Ampedu, RLC and Abraham come through together.
  10. Conte, stay or go?

I think that the general assumption is that Hazard wants Conte gone... I just can’t quite believe that assumption. Hazard doesn’t seem like that type at all (Eto’o, Ibrahimovic type characters IMO)... What if Hazard actually wants Conte to stay.. I mean, Willian and Luiz probably don’t want him to, but honestly Conte has really backed Hazard throughout and there was never any genuine indication of bad blood between the two. This entire situation has been pretty sickening and distasteful IMO. The club is usually a lot more definitive than this drawn out mess. All things considered, if that really is Hazard pushing Conte out, as much as I don’t like Conte, I do hope that he is shown the door as well because that would be a pretty low way of going about it by holding the club to ransom like that. And he can take Courtois with him as well!
  11. Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

And me. He's just a waste of valuable oxygen and nothing more. His knowledge of betting, odds and probability is completely and utterly puerile. Now, there's a growing list of members who have the self-appointed fount of knowledge on ignore. You say you're adding yourself to that list and I already have. With a bit of luck he'll soon be left to do what he's profoundly overqualified for - play with himself.
  12. World Cup 2018

Abraham is the big hope IMO. Still. We'll see what happens, but 10 min cameos are no longer going to help him. He has to play like Willian or Pedro for 90 mins. Frankly I am really not interested in what he did against Tunisia or what he did for our youth teams. The only argument for RLC is what he has done for Palace. I haven't seen that myself, but I guess we have all heard what Palace fans say (very positive). If he brings that game to Chelsea next season, then great.
  13. Conte, stay or go?

The teams that beat us generally play a high line. The ones that sit back lose. And of course the reason teams felt comfortable last season to play a high line against us is because we replaced Costa with Morata, not Vardy. Not sure about Morata at all. You can't compare a player who was signed at 16 from Getafe by RM and spent the next few years at RM before moving to Juve at 21 for EUR 20mn (+ buy back terms) with a player who turned professional at the same age of 21. Morata is 25 now, near his peak, not at the start of his career. And I'm pretty sure you are wrong on goals per minute. Drogba got 10 in 18 PL starts in his first year with us. Morata 11 in 24. (Actually this season in ML2 Drogba has 4 in 4 already!) As MT likes to remind us - Drogba scored at a similar rate in his first 3 years - he just played a lot lot more in 06/07.
  14. Conte, stay or go?

Vardy isn't / wasn't the answer. Teams don't play a high line against us, they defend deep, and that negates Vardy's chief attribute, his pace. He is also only going to get slower, now 31. Moreover, Vardy averaged a goal every 163 minutes in the PL, Morata one every 188. Take away Vardy's 5 penalty kicks, and Vardy drops down to one every 217. So big improvement? Not for me, and certainly not enough to equate to a very different season. Last point, I still fancy Morata to come good. A lot of players take time to adjust to the PL. His minutes per goal compare very similarly to Drogba in his first season, and look how that turned out. (before you say it, I am not saying Morata WILL be Drogba like, it was just an example of a player who improved over time)
  15. World Cup 2018

It surely can't be. If RLC isn't here and playing next season one has to wonder what we are doing. I'd say it was criminal to loan him out last season (if he had stayed we could have played a 343 all season and been done with that ludicrous 532 experiment). But as is always the case with Conte here at Chelsea, he doesn't use his squad. So it's hard to have a squad.
  16. Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

I'll stop the abuse when you stop being deliberately argumentative for no good reason other than winning the argument in your head. No wonder so many people have you on ignore... now I do too.
  17. Conte, stay or go?

No they don't . Especially it seems those imported from Madrid clubs. I'm just having an exchange with Droy on another thread about the benefits of an English (British) core of two or three regulars (and the fact that we no longer have this). Drinkwater and Barclay are bit part players as is increasingly Cahill. Players brought through the ranks like Ampedu , RLC, Chalobah would feel the love. It's getting the balance right with quality internationals. With regards to a lack of striker, if we had made a serious offer for Vardy I think we would have got him and with RLC instead of Bakayoko our season would have been very different.. But indeed the sound of a barrel being scrapped along the bottom was deafening.
  18. Transfer Talk Topic

They must have really enjoyed the last month then.
  19. Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

Bob I'd stop the abuse if I were you or start to read the posts. If there is a way to avoid X play Y the draw is manipulated. If you can't explain how, then just admit you don't know how.
  20. Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

Only in your self delusional mind, you do! The rules are there for everyone to see. In the round of 16, clubs from the same association cannot be drawn together. It is therefore logical that having first drawn all the runners-up into games 1 to 8, as they do, if with two draws remaining there is one English club from pot A still awaiting an opponent, and one in pot B waiting to be drawn out, whichever team is drawn next will be placed in such a way as to avoid the two English teams playing each other. A 5 year old could understand it... why can't you?
  21. Transfer Talk Topic

All written with the expectation of being run alongside an actual announcement I guess. As I said a few days ago, it was so probable by Friday that if it wasn't announced by Monday the club would either delay it, or maybe even it won't happen. The club really does not like the press to guess things right. (Or expect a massive rumour something else will happen and Sarri being announced right in the middle of it).
  22. Transfer Talk Topic

A lot of Sarri/Chelsea stories about today, and from the looks of it, virtually every paper is putting their faith in "Calcio Napoli 24". Whatever the hell that is...
  23. Conte, stay or go?

Not really. He is just leaving the whole thing up in the air. Trying to read to much into non-comment.
  24. World Cup 2018

He's not though. He is our big academy hope, he's playing for England in the WC and looking the part. He should be wearing a blue Chelsea shirt not a Crystal palace one...how is that even an argument?
  25. Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

Same old abusive Bob. Interesting to hear that there is an extra set of rules for the draw over and above the ones talked about in that clip. Are they defined anywhere? Who writes them? Have they ever been observed in an actual draw. Is there an order they are applied in? Does the order affect the odds of Man City vs Barca happening? And who decides on the order? So we if we accept's Bob's version we are back to a complicated algorithm controlled by people unknown that affects the outcome of the draw. I win - thanks Bob.
  26. World Cup 2018

RLC, first team squad player 18/19. Don't even need to think about it.
  27. Conte, stay or go?

""I wait to see whether the coach will stay or leave," Hazard told L'Equipe. "If I stay it's for the club to be better than last season. I don't want to stay for us to be poorer." http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11408774/eden-hazard-real-madrid-know-what-to-do-to-sign-me-from-chelsea Basically, sack Conte or I go.
  1. Load more activity