All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Zappacosta offers competent enough cover for Moses, with a lot more more going forward. Anyone who had seen him though knew defensively he had issues. We've seen the impact he can have going forward at times. He needs more consistency and to improve, but it beats not having an alternative. Given the prices of what "top" fullback/wing backs have been going for, he was reasonably priced. As for Palmieri, he had a really good season last year prior to injury. Yeah, it's a risk with the injury he had, but at that price he's one worth taking in today's market. The potential upside makes it worth it. He's also capable in midfield if required and offers a good alternative to Alonso. Speedy, strong and makes some really good driving runs forward. Worth noting that we signed Azpilicueta shortly after he had his knee injury irrc. You'd be hard pressed to think he had even had an ACL injury looking at him now. Not always the be all and end all.
  3. Today
  4. Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

And he's frequently not touched, but still hits the deck. Not helping him at all with the refs.
  5. Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

Hazard has developed a reputation of being fouled brutally and playing on and as a result IMO he gets most of the calls he deserves. Morata is frequently fouled badly and because he makes a meal of it I think the damage to his rep is already done like Drogba IMO.
  6. Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

Then we're really screwed. See: Mike Reilly.
  7. Brighton vs Chelsea

If you're worried about this game then we are truly ****ed.
  8. Brighton vs Chelsea

Yeah you're right, I'd put Willian at RWB.
  9. Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

The thing is ham it is all right to get a player in a half nelson during a corner kick that goes unpunished, that should be a nailed on penalty - and a player that goes down like a snowflake in normal play and gets a penalty.We need consistency and common sense in the game.Var seems to muddy the waters,but I guess it's as good as the people using it.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Isn't anyone concerned about us buying half-baked fullbacks from Italian teams who offer nothing we don't already have (bar extra bodies) for what aren't inconsiderable fees? And especially so given Conte will likely walk by the end of the season if not sooner (and given the source they have to be Conte's choices)? Blew nearly £30m on Zappacosta who looks not only worse than Moses at attacking but worse than him at defending also, and now over £20m on Palmieri who has only just recovered from a serious knee injury which has kept him out for the entire season and by all accounts is neither an upgrade on Alonso nor even a real competitor. And we have Baba Rahman on the sidelines who has also just recovered from a serious injury who we could use in this exact role for free? And all this coming after signing two English midfield players who also had injuries when we signed them and hadn't played for a while (in one case, over a year)? What's going on?
  11. VAR What?

I think it’s done exactly what the referees want. It’s made everybody talk about them.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

I thought that there was a massive sense of entitlement on here until I saw today that 65% of Real Madrid fans wanted Ronaldo gone now because the goals have dried up.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42740720. Well, that’s another option gone for a burton
  14. VAR What?

One of a bunch of idiocies in the current rule. Imagine one player shoves another and the ref can't decide on a yellow or a red, and calls for a VAR. And that shows that very sneakily the pushed player had first grabbed the balls of the pushee, in a way that no referee could reasonably have seen. What happens? Nothing, just the yellow I guess. If the goal is fairness, that would be a good idea. I'm pretty sure the goal is in fact to protect the reputation of referees and to hell with fairness.
  15. VAR What?

Should we not adopt the tennis system where you have so many challenges per match. The skipper or coach of the team decides if they want to challenge a decision, let's say that you get two challenges for each half. If your challenge proves correct you don't lose a challenge. This would take the decision away from the ref and stop the game being constantly stopped and players constantly drawing a a TV in the air. It won't stop muppet decisions like we have just seen but it may tidy things up a bit.
  16. Transfer Talk Topic

Could we afford Dzeko and the Crouchmyster?
  17. Yesterday
  18. Transfer Talk Topic

I wish my house purchase was as quick... offer accepted early November but still waiting to exchange contracts!
  19. Transfer Talk Topic

No matter who we get in this window, just cannot get over the fact that Sanchez is going to my most hated club and now manager of United...wat a tragedy....
  20. Transfer Talk Topic

^^^^^ There is nothing notable in Peter Crouch paying for his old man's season ticket at SB since he's been a regular for many years. I also doubt that (even if he actually did buy one) buying a house in Cobham means diddly squat - a lot do that apparently, and few of them end up playing for Chelsea.......:)
  21. Transfer Talk Topic

🤣 Love the dry delivery. The rumours started a few hours ago and you've got him finding, making an offer on and completing on a house in cobham already, ahead of a potential transfer 🤣
  22. VAR What?

It is well-established that yellow cards cannot be overturned. So if, last night, the VAR had stepped in and told the ref that he should have given us a pen, is it not the case that Willian's yellow could not have been rescinded? I wonder whether the fact that the ref issued a yellow was a key factor in his stubbornness in not reviewing the incident. He gave the card instantly, indicating he was 100% certain William had dived, so he was not prepared to be proved wrong by video evidence. I am still mystified by people who see a dive in that incident. I suppose it shows the depth of their hatred for all things Chelsea.
  23. Transfer Talk Topic

Looks like the Crouch story is true although I think he will still be 3rd choice. We will still try and get someone to compete with Morata. John Cross‏Verified account @johncrossmirror 3h3 hours ago Crouch drops amazing Chelsea hint after biting house in Cobham and getting his dad a season ticket etc John Cross added, Jacqui OatleyVerified account @JacquiOatley Crouch’s dad will be the happiest man alive if this happens! Season ticket holder for a long time. Crouch idolised Kerry Dixon as a kid (but also went to QPR with his mates). Sure he lives in the Cobham area so nice and local. https://twitter.com/telefootball/status/954081207368802305 …
  24. Brighton vs Chelsea

What we've been watching (enduring?) is the players' 'comfort zone'? In that case, we're in deep trouble........
  25. Transfer Talk Topic

:-) Hope you are right!
  26. Transfer Talk Topic

One thing that I've noticed over more than 50 years of watching this club, is that a policy is only a policy until desperation intervenes. And I'd suggest that we're at that point right now. I'm not saying that they WILL, just that it wouldn't surprise me.
  27. Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

Very well put.
  28. Transfer Talk Topic

Again, Dzeko is on 160k/week which is inferior to only Hazard. Morata is on 150 and Fabregas on 156 apparently. Dzeko also has 2.5 years left on his contract. We have not offered +1 contracts for players over 30 in many, many years. It would be a massive statement of intent to drop that policy if we signed Dzeko.
  1. Load more activity