All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. New Kits

^Kit man is going to have to find a lot of tape to cover up the comfy white socks they actually wear over the all around shin pads
  3. Today
  4. New Kits

I was kind of OK with this............ ......... and then I saw the socks 🙈
  5. Eden Hazard

Any word on Heysel yet?
  6. Eden Hazard

Not really - I have seen a club website gossip piece written about as if it were a club announcement, it really is nothing more than club news for fans. Heaven knows what would happen if everything on the Liverpool official site was treated as a club statement.
  7. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

Yes Same quality, one year older - which affects Luiz, CF and Pedro/Willian a lot now and has written off Fabregas as an option The only upside has been Jorginho for Moses.
  8. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

The players are not the constant, though... there have been sufficient changes in personnel that makes saying they are 'the constant' the fiction it plainly is.
  9. Eden Hazard

Strangely, the club seems a bit bitter about Eden being excluded from the team of the season. I don’t think anybody can question Hazard’s technical ability, but I think a lot of people will realize by now that he hasn’t exactly lived up to potential. Still looks sublime at times, but I wouldnt class this season alongside his 2014-15 season when he was a match winner. I take it you are hoping for a match winners performance before he goes. And you may well get it. But it doesn’t gloss over the vast number of games this season that he has just been average IMO.
  10. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

Kepa v Courtois and Higuain v Morata - potato / potato Luiz was avaiable to both managers Loftus-Cheek was available to Conte but was discarded CHO - made no difference in the PL The core and key players are roughly the same bar Jorginho. Azpi, Rudiger, Luiz, Christensen, Alonso, Kante, Hazard, Willian, Pedro.......
  11. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

Except for Kepa, Luiz (hardly played last season), Jorginho. Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Higuain
  12. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

similar goals scored, similar goals conceded, similar points tally variables - managers, style of play one constant - the players
  13. Eden Hazard

I think Real Madrid already know what he's capable of... not sure he needs to 'pull out' a special performance between now and the end of the season to convince them. If RM can't get Mbappé or Pogba or someone of that ilk to join, then they might turn to Hazard. If they do, he'll go. I'm not sure Hazard would be interested in leaving for anyone other than RM. The ball is in their court... we (and Hazard) just have to wait.
  14. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

Last season 62 goals from 38 games (1.63/game). This season 59 goals from 35 games (1.68). Two very different styles generating the same number of goals. The constant? Severe lack of goal scorers.
  15. Eden Hazard

Plus Ashley Young at RB Young is a fine decent player still doing his best at 33 (34 in the summer). But only because none of the other RB's Man U have acquired or most of the LBs have failed to do any better
  16. Media / Press

Mostly by Aguero
  17. Eden Hazard

I expect him to go yet have not heard anything concrete, assuming you are correct I think he will want to perform on the big events to give his new potential admirers something to get excited about. Not much bigger stadiums in UK than OT and a meaningful match too.
  18. Media / Press

Wiping out Luiz doesn't count - never has, there are dozens of examples to prove that, half of them by City.
  19. Eden Hazard

I wonder if we might get one last 8 out of ten or higher performance from him before he goes? I was at the Burnley game and he was Ok, not bad flitted around, the odd nice littlke burst of speed or turn. As ever the end product variable, a nice assist for Kante but also some crosses which didn't find one of the three or four players we had in the box. He has been a 6.5/10 for a few weeks now since west ham. Perhaps one last hurrah in the Europa games? Or will he fancy the Utd game on sunday?
  20. Media / Press

I guess with the Kick it Out they are predominantly aimed at Racist issues to be fair. With the fan in the Sterling incident, he was named, shamed and lost his job, is that really fair? Even supposing it was true and he did shout black C ? It's unpleasant, not the sort of bloke I would knock about with but do I wish him to have the anguish of worry about money, having to move perhaps, sell a car, lose his wife perhaps? He doesnt even get to watch his beloved team as his season ticket got taken away. All because of one spur of the moment bit of stupidness? The context of it was never mentioned either, Sterling had just wiped out David Luiz. Doesn't matter to the people in the media though all earning big wages, making judgements on others regardless of context and effect...
  21. Media / Press

Quite - use of the court room to achieve goals without getting to a verdict is the American way.
  22. Media / Press

Soemone wrote into football365 a week or so ago and asked " What is the point of Chelsea" , I was tempted to reply that we were the whipping boys of the media , accused of everything but rarely guilty of it so that they could ignore everyone else's "crimes" (like City and FFP) and concentrate on running us down every day . The black hatted cowboy made real. In football 365 which prides itself on its "inclusive" nature and features some of the most virtue signalling writers you can possibly imagine they routinely allow supporters of other clubs to refer to us as Chavs and seemingly don't bat an eye.
  23. Chelsea 2 Burnley 2

I agree with most of your points. We have not always kept to the basics of football for several years, no matter who the manager is. However, we were scoring lots of goals over those years despite not keeping to those rules. Whoever was in charge just found a way to win matches. I actually think that our most successful managers have been the ones that keep their coaching simple and concentrate on the basics. And even when a manager like Avram Grant did not win anything, you could see that his best spell was when he allowed the players to just play their football. In contrast, AVB typifies a manager who was heavy on ideology and light on the common sense of football. Sarri belongs to that group. If Sarri had just concentrated on getting the players play their natural football, maintain discipline on the pitch, and look after the fundamentals, and like defending set pieces, we would be a much better team. Instead we wasted our time and energy pursuing some vain ideology. We are basically in a no man's land at the moment; should we continue to pursue sarriball, or should we rip up the script and start all over again? I am not sure even Sarri has a clue what to do next.
  24. Manchester United vs Chelsea

Unlike yourself?
  25. Media / Press

Good post. I have been going to SB regualry since 1991 and I can honestly say I have very few and far between heard anything that I would call shocking (if at all). The odd p(ssed idiot shouting stuff at foreign away fans, yes, but never anything like the N word or monkey noises or anything of that sort (the sort of stuff you see in Europe all the time) I have reported the Chelsea Rent Boy chant to Kick it Out on 3 occasions. I haven't had a single reply. It's ok to be abusive if it's aimed at Chelsea. I feel genuinely sorry for the guy who got caught up in the Sterling thing. Hung, drawn and quartered with no trial, judge or jury. If calling a player a fool was a banable offence, most of the PL grounds would be very empty.
  26. Manchester United vs Chelsea

your point is?
  1. Load more activity