All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Not sure I believe in it, but if you want to see a pattern you could say that 2011-2013 was all about rebuilding. We bought a shed load of young talents and stopped worrying about winning stuff (while fate decreed us lucky for year only - 2012). Former club favourite AVB was brought in. A star manager, not a proven one. Former club favourite RDB was his deputy and replacement. The club favourites were not great, but the rebuild was terrific. After 18 months of "softer" less experienced managers the club went for old experienced heads - the fat one and then JM. We are certainly in rebuilding phase now. Perhaps the club have gone for a low key manager while the team sorts itself out, with the intention of bringing in the usual "winning manager" when the players are ready.
  3. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

OK, I understand but I'm not sure I agree and surely we are prevented from acquiring huge signings aren't we?
  4. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Was going to comment on this, guess I can do so in response to this... Partly, I'll concede, just a feeling of pessimism. But mostly that I feel the team is in pretty weak shape, and that Lampard will either not get to address that or will be given huge signings that bring expectation, and that there is really no precedent for us ever giving managers a 'free shot' as it were; it is pure magical thinking to suggest it will happen now when we've seen a CL-winning former player sacked for an arch-rival and a three-time title winner sacked before Christmas. Honestly cannot fathom how anyone would convince themselves it will happen now. I don't want it to happen, of course. But, and I choose the word purposefully, cannot bring myself to pretend that Chelsea FC are going to change just because I love Frank Lampard. Can the season stop after the first home game? Looking forward to the actual return!
  5. Today
  6. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Yeh right. We just need to remain undefeated!
  7. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

It’s the Lampard effect. So far, more fun than the Sarri effect, I’d say. Early days but there’s a palpable buzz around the Bridge and we’re joint top.
  8. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

The board and the fans will keep their feet on the ground if Lampard is hired, we'll give him time. What I'm worried about are the media will start writing their usually guff after a few poor results and the negative side effects will treacle it's way into the dressing room
  9. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Yes we have stacked ourselves with ex-players but never at the top. Only Di Matteo and Zola have been brought in at senior positions - and both of those came as assistant managers to bigger names and had both been PL managers in the past. The nearest to an inexperienced manager we have had is AVB - and he had won the portuguese league and the EL and had been close to the Gods for some time. I doubt Lampard could have lead the team much - there were too many leaders in his day - Cech and JT and Drogba and Essien and RC and Maka and Ash and on and on. What he could feel (what we all feel) is a nostalgia for when the team had immense character and the core was so strong it kept everyone else in place. I wonder what someone like Quaresma felt like lining up in that 2008/9 team. Transfer ban - I doubt it will happen, but if it does, then Frank gets a free year. We all know how little talent remains in our first team now. No ban this summer means spending a lot of money immediately. That way means Frank has to get the team to perform. Anyway, Ratcliffe or someone is at most a long shot hunch. Incidentally - I got the idea from a story suggesting Mourinho was in the running at Newcastle. That makes no sense whatever under Ashley. Therefore.... And this afternoon Mourinho has become 4/1 favourite for the job. Far from odds on probably, but curious nonetheless. PS - Financial years in football end June 30th. Get the Auditors in early and you could have year end books done by late July (and a confidential report to a buyer done much earlier). Bates's sale to RA was announced I think July 2nd and had been sealed the night before.
  10. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Oh God I forgot about that. Mrs N's a bit partial to that stuff. She'll be squiffy and lairy when she falls back indoors.
  11. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Are you there Jane? Mrs Nobly's going tomorrow in the 26 degree heat (there's not much to her, so at some stage she'll probably just melt into a little court side puddle!)
  12. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Well I'm on the Pimms 🍹 No, I'm excited and terrified all at the same time, as I think most of us are.
  13. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Well, I don't think he'd necessarily have been more in charge than any of the other senior players and as for point 2? Really, why? What do you think he has to achieve to avoid that outcome then?
  14. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

A legit reading, but alternatively the club has stacked itself with former players throughout Abramovich's ownership. Through that lense, this is hardly much of a departure and perhaps the direction we were always heading in. I wonder also how much 'managing' or leading Abramovich has already seen Lampard do at Chelsea; we had some crap managers in his time and I wouldn't be surprised if he was essentially in charge at points. Personally don't think Frank will last a season, especially if there is a transfer ban, but the first home game will be fun.
  15. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

What would be good now is if Frank turned the job down! I cannot imagine the nature of Ms B's reaction and subsequent behaviour......
  16. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Great, eh??? 🤪🤪🤪
  17. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Well someone certainly ought to. We've all gone 'effin' delirious!
  18. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

I'll get your coat 😉
  19. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Well, they say that he's good on cross examination.... Oh dear.....
  20. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

How dare they!!! He never scored a deflected goal in his life!
  21. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

No, he's in court facing charges of defection.
  22. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Don't be silly Bob 🙄
  23. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

And he’s starting in midfield for Italy in the wwc
  24. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

He's on court at Eastbourne??? Bloody hell!!!
  25. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Woo hoo!!!! Yes indeed 💙💙 Currently watching tennis at Eastbourne and trying not to burst with excitement 😃 It's Frank innit? 😇💙
  26. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Oh DO cheer up 😀😀😀
  1. Load more activity