All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8599659/Willian-agrees-three-year-Arsenal-deal-100k-week-free-transfer-Chelsea.html Doesn't look like it. Offered obscene money to PEA to stay too. The money is always there if they want it to be. Mind you, I was watching a programme a while ago when I'm sure it said Arsenal employs 600 people which seems a huge amount to me buy I presume it would be the same with us. I just wonder what they all do. I feel sorry for those at Arsenal who have lost their jobs. "We're all in this together" NOT. It was ever thus :-(
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

I don't suppose it will change a thing. The Arsenal players aren't happy. They took a pay cut in the understanding this wouldn't happen
  4. Today
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

I can't imagine the furore with Arsenal making 55 workers redundant despite some of the players taking pay cuts is going to help them in offering Willian what he reportedly wants. Maybe he'll stay with us afterall.
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Garcia wants out at City, so there's your quick £41m move for Ake further explained.
  7. CFCnet 19/20 Awards

Sorry! I've done it now and I'll delete my post.
  8. CFCnet 19/20 Awards

Pulisic?
  9. CFCnet 19/20 Awards

@FrankLampard8 Please follow the link above in MBIB's post and put your answers there. I know some have posted their answers on here but it's done confidentially, which is the best idea all round, especially when voting in the two categories for cfcnet members of the year!! Also obviously makes it easier for MBIB who is kind enough to do it. Thanks.
  10. Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

In the league, we conceded 6 goals in the remaining 12 games, and 6 goals in the remaining 7 Europa league ties; so 12 in 19. Next.
  11. CFCnet 19/20 Awards

Good thinking 🙏
  12. Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the CFCnet Awards voting will close after the Bayern game.
  13. CFCnet 19/20 Awards

I'll post the winners from this on Sunday, just n case anything crazy happens on Saturday and we get some last-minute votes for a new game of the Season!
  14. Yesterday
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

The city of 2 years ago wouldn't have replaced Sane with a kid or gone anywhere near Ake so I suspect you are right.
  16. This guys a glorified nonce ngl https://t.co/dyoF0ZntS3

17. Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

He looked pretty decent till the end of the season is my point. For Spain he played his first non-friendly 4 weeks after the LC final and kept his place for 6/7 Euro qualifiers through to the end of 2019 (Spain hasn't played since).
  18. Not sure mocking our own player is cool 🤔
  19. Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Right. Who knows how that situation affected him personally, he looked pretty decent until then..
  20. Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

No idea, but there was no particular criticism for him on here on his subsequent performances until he was playing for Fran (hint - about fans not managers). Still think Zola took the blame for that one.
  21. Transfer Talk Topic

Not seen any estimates I'd trust. Bournemouth I understand say "a non-disclosed club record fee". Assuming they mean a Bournemouth record, not a City record that just means >= £20m. The £41m is just the reference price that people have talked about before (our buy back price?). City have bought a kid and a CB4 when they need CB2 &3 urgently. Either this is just the start of a torrent of purchases or it is the best they can do this summer. The latter I guess.
  22. Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

I'm thinking what his stats are pre Sarri sub incident and after. Anybody knows?
  23. Transfer Talk Topic

Not that disappointed about Ake going to City. For me, he isn't much of an upgrade on Zouma/Rudi/AC. Further, what we desperately need it a commanding CB where he is a covering CB. To be fair, he will probably do ok next to Laporte but then I think any of our three would also do next to such a player.
  24. Transfer Talk Topic

The few non Chelsea or City fans I have spoken to regarding Ake were surprised they were signing him and paying so much for him. I think we are over aware of him because he used to play for us, been linked to him, the buy out clause etc. I suspect we will earn a few bob off his move anyway.
  25. Transfer Talk Topic

Laporte is class. After that, City's preferred centre back is a 35 year old midfielder. They probably needed Ake a lot more than even we do.
  26. Transfer Talk Topic

Me neither, versatile. Average in two or three positions.
  27. Transfer Talk Topic

I can't remember ever watching a game he was involved in and thinking "Wow he's good"
  28. Transfer Talk Topic

So Ake joins city.. good enough for them, but deemed not better then any of our 4 centerbacks by us, don't make me laugh.
  1. Load more activity