All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

I was at Wembley for the Spurs defeat..hurt a lot..I was at Wembley and OT for the Leeds Final....at that time it was the very peak of my Chelsea life. Island hopping in a 15ft open boat for the Mboro final is a lasting memory..such Cup memories for the big club fans seem to be non existent now...a good cup run by lesser..read less affluent..teams is a great fan experience and A BOOST TO THE BANK BALANCE!!!....see Droy's Enfield comment... Sad in many ways but all things move on........ Remember Citeh coming to SB with a joke of a side ...not the players themselves but the cynical approach by the club..and the cheating of ALL spectators...Citeh fans and Chelsea fans...good money for a reserve side appearance. Remember quite a lot of anger on here.
  3. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

No mate, maybe the odd one but I'd say the vast majority are late 30's, early 40's.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

I don’t think Jovic is going anywhere. He’s playing for Madrid albeit for a few minutes each time
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

I put it down to an agreement being provisionally in place, but not completing until the end of the month just in case a serious injury arises to Tammy or Michy
  6. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Are they older fans say over 50? I just ask as I think the first trophy is very important yet the money is in the Champions League.
  7. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Interesting that you should bring this up. I know a fair few Tottenham fans, 15-20 of them I'd say are proper football fans, a mix of season ticket holders, members and others that go occasionally or not at all but each one I'd class as a proper football fan. I've had this conversation with each and every one of them, others too, and they all say the same thing. They would 100%, without a doubt take finishing in the top 4 above an FA cup win. Now, I don't claim for one minute this is the majority of their fans opinion, just every single one of them I have spoken to all say the same. It's not something I can get my head around, especially when you consider an awful lot of them have witnessed them win very little in their own lifetime.
  8. Just goes to show just how forward thinking Wenger's Arsenal were all along.
  9. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Yeah, understnad what you are saying. What irritates me slightly, and this is the modern world we live in, is that when a big team falls to a lower league team, people just say, "that shows "big team" dont care about the cup" but when a big team beats a lower team, you get, "that shows the FA cup isn't interesting any more".........you can't win. I also suspect teams (fans anyway not the owners) that have won so little in recent times (Spurs) might actually prefer a cup win. I saw a thing on Twitter only yesterday where a Wigan fan said he wouldn't trade the FA Cup win for 10 more years of PL football.....the cup win will live him forever, whereas finshing 15th or so year after year wont. (again speaking about fans not owners/investors)
  10. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

That's kind of my point though Paul, there is only a handful of teams that can or do win it, I think I'm right in saying that other than Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City and Liverpool, only Wigan and Portsmouth have won it in the last 25 years and I don't think many even bother trying. I know it's always pretty much been the case that the best teams in the country, generally win it, at least most of the time, but there used to be a lot more emphasis on at least trying to do well in it. If you asked all Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and United fans would they rather win the FA cup or come top 4 the vast majority would take top 4. Now, if we went back to the days of the European Cup being what it was originally I suspect everyone would take winning the FA cup above finishing 4th.
  11. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

I don't entirely agree. The league cup should have been scrapped years ago. It's nothing more than a chance for the PL clubs to put out the kids. The 2 legged semi in January makes the competition a real drain if you go all the way. I was shocked and annoyed how seriosuly Conte and Sarri took it, and in the case of Conte, I believe that cost us 4th place. The FA Cup is clearly 3rd in the pecking order after the PL and CL, but you've only got to look at the recent winners to see that it is taken seriously. In the modern game the best sides have much squads than they used to, and they know they can field a second string and defeat most lower league teams. Back in the late 80s or early 90s, a PL (or division 1) team would not be able to field a decent team after leaving out its best 11 players. I think Blackburn for example won the PL in 1995 using 15 players.
  12. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

... or a slightly weaker team! Yes, though not so much the first step as half way down the road. It used to be that there were 3 or 4 clubs that could win the league and 15 or 20 could win the FA cup. Coventry and Wimbledon won it in consecutive seasons, 87&88. Since then big 6 teams have won the cup 29 times out of 32. Non-league* and Div 4 runs were quite common. No one cares much about the cups anymore because the big clubs have bigger stuff to take care off (4 teams in CL., usually 4 in CL knockout rounds). 3 points for a win made a big difference too. Time was when fighting for a worthy draw in the league was standard, but cup games would be crazy must win. Now it is different. There is a big incentive to turn draws into wins in the League, while "let your opponents make the mistake" is the cup mantra. (A big help to the little guys would be to increase the randomness of results. Certainly no 2-leg semi-finals in the LC - that guarantees the exit of weak clubs that did well. No replays - 90+optional 30 first time around - would help too. I can't see any sides, big or small that would object to that.) *I had a school teacher who played non-league for Enfield. That sat down in a group to hear the 3rd round draw. Would they get Man U, Chelsea, or who? They got Blyth Spartans and lost. Who could imagine 2 non-league teams in the 3rd round now?
  13. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

There would have been wide spread outrage, and rightly so. I think times have changed and both cups have been devalued an awful lot over the last few years though, to the extent that literally nobody cares enough about them to even try and win them. I'd imagine most clubs are fairly happy with what Klopp is doing, as he and liverpool as a club, can do what they like and receive very little criticism. It allows everyone else to follow suit now and I can see this becoming the norm.
  14. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Can you imagine what the media reaction would have been had Mourinho done that whilst Chelsea manager?
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

Makes sense. The only explanation for Giroud not leaving earlier is that his leaving is conditional on someone else coming in. Agreed. Don't loyalty bonuses do effectively the same thing already?
  16. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

This is the first step to clubs fielding their under 23's for the entirety of both Cup competitions. It's not just premier league teams doing it either, championship teams and lower make plenty of changes for cup games, even against the biggest teams. Something needs to be done if we want the cups to have any sort of relevance, if not I can see everyone doing what Klopp has. As far as him not managing the team, I have no issue with that, if he going to solely use the under 23's then their manager may as well take charge of the game. I'd be amazed if he isn't there though, almost certainly will be on the bench or at least in the stands.
  17. @Gypsypaulie Happy Birthday Paula hope you’re having a fantastic day x https://t.co/0lNh5q1iwz

18. RT @Goal_India: 📅 Save the date: March 14, 2020! 2019-20 #HeroISL FINAL! 🏆 https://t.co/2MS4RE8BfG

19. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

If you look at the team they put out in the previous round, considering they were playing Everton, it doesn't appear to be a competition they are taking seriously. All clubs were made aware at the beginning of the season that FA cup replays of this round would most likely be scheduled in the break, it is not something that has been sprung on them after the game. The FA cup isn't just about PL teams the FA have to consider all the other competitors. Why would the break apply to Klopp himself?
  20. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Maybe they should have beaten the opponents from a few league's below them...
  21. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Well , yeah .
  22. Leicester City vs Chelsea

Slightly fortunate that Leicester play tonight giving them less preparation time for our visit. Still, will be impressed if we get points there though would expect 1 rather than 3.
  23. Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Perhaps if they had fielded a slightly stronger team in the first place, they wouldn't be in this situation.
  24. Transfer Talk Topic

When you say Europe, do you mean Europe, or do you mean the CL? FWIW, I think you are wrong on either count, but curious as to what your view is.
  25. Leicester City vs Chelsea

Had 10 missing and played the Wednesday before our match whilst we had a full week to prepare. Can’t see us winning this one unfortunately ☹️
  26. Leicester City vs Chelsea

And Newcastle had about 10 missing when we played them..........still, I can't see Leicester parking the bus. Hoping there will be a bit more space to play
  1. Load more activity