All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Chelsea vs Lille

Tomori needs to come back in as does Emerson (yes he had a couple of poor games, but we're much more balanced with a left-footer that side) and I'd also get Jorginho in as we missed him a lot against Everton (IMO). I'd probably move Mount to the left and give Pulisic a rest. So... Kepa James Zouma Tomori Emerson Kante Jorginho Kovacic Willian Tammy Mount Subs: Caballero, Rudiger/Christensen, Azpilicueta, Barkley, Pulisic, Giroud, Bats Tricky one as we have to win, so could be some nerves and they are playing for nothing other than pride so have nothing to lose - always dangerous. I feel like if we get an early goal and take control of the game, we'll be fine - give them a lead or get stuck at 0-0 for HT and we could be in a bit of trouble.
  3. Today
  4. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

Kovacic is class, I said it when we he joined on loan and most didn't want him here due to being a reject and not having good enough stats. I said it during the whole of last season when most couldn't see what was staring them in the face , but wanted to argue about how awful the manager and football was. I said it this summer when most/pretty much all didn't want to sign him due to those two points. He is our best midfielder right now, has been our best player this season and if I had to pick one of the three it would be him. If I had to pick a pair it would be him and Jorginho. We have played much better with the two of them than when Kante has been paired with either. It's not a dig at Kante as he is the best player in the world at what he does but it is not even debatable that right now Kovacic is our best midfielder and arguably our best player. I'm not getting drawn into a pointless argument about who said what, how it's been misinterpreted and why everybody else is wrong. Kovacic has quite simply been brilliant this season, will continue to be first choice for the foreseeable future and is guaranteed to start all our games in the coming weeks when Frank picks his best side. He only misses out when he needs a rest, other than that he's one of the first names on the team sheet.
  5. Chelsea 0 West Ham United 1

Yes, and yes. Moral certainty tbh, particularly the second bit......:).
  6. RT @AFL: Lachie's locked in long-term at the @GWSGIANTS.

7. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

Well,as I said before Jorghino is a poor mans Fabregas - what does he do exactly that he excels at?,he is not a premiership player he suits serie a, he is too slow.Our results since he hasn't played are pure coincidence. Our results recently are to do with an abysmal defence.Replace zouma,kepa and azpi and we will look a completely different team imo.
  8. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

Building from the back hasn't been that bad this season IMO. Tomori suffered a dip in form a bit but that's expected from the youngster. Overall, I think Jorginho has to come back as he is an easy out ball for the centre backs and we haven't looked any better without him. In fact, we have (expectedly IMO) looked worse. Azpili at LB also isn't working out. If Reece James stays at RB, then Emerson has to return and Azpili has to go to the bench.
  9. Chelsea vs Lille

Play like we did against Ajax away it should be comfortable - play like we did against everton...who knows.
  10. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

I remember Kovacic getting a hard time last season,I posted there was something about him I liked and wasn't playing to his potential - Frank has got the best out of him no doubt.Midfield is not the major problem it once was,I like the combination of Kova,Mount and Kante,of course we need more options in that area. The biggest problem we have is in defence.We have a ropey keeper, an over the hill right back and a centre back that looks more suited to a bouncer in a nightclub.I like the thought of Emerson,Tomori,Rudi and James in defence,and a different keeper.
  11. Yesterday
  12. Media / Press

Foot in mouth more likely. Does he not have the common sense to keep it shut? what evidence do you have he said anything ill advised?
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Baka only has 10 appearances due to a fitness. When fit he is a automatic starter when fit and also stays on. By all accounts Milan would have brought him but couldn't due to FFP which is why they lost their Ropey League spot. As for Barkley I still see a midtable club taking him at £20-£25m'ish as that is not mega money anymore. I appriciate that wages are an issue and multiple other things but I do not think it is crazy to speculate that they could together get something between £45-55m in fees. That said, I realise the upper end of that figure may be ambitious. As for the others, I agree they are sunk costs, especially Drinky, Zappa (with his knee injury), Pedro, Moses and Willian. Giroud may get a miniscule fee I.e. £2-5m just because people need a CF and his still has the tag as the World Champions CF1.
  14. Media / Press

You can't even say "Manc" anymore.
  15. Media / Press

At a football match....?
  16. Bij de naam 'Fly' denk ik gewoon aan Bonzai Records. 🔥#KampWaes

17. Media / Press

Saying anything in that situation is ill-advised.
  18. Media / Press

what evidence do you have he said anything ill advised?
  19. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

You did quote the "prediction" before. I answered the point then. Find the line and we can discuss what "I would be surprised" about. You'll find it on the later pages of the Man City thread. Great photo though - nice one.
  20. Transfer Talk Topic

I think Barkley is a known beast now. Baka is 25 and has 10 starts at a mid-table La Liga team. When we bought him he was 22, on a much lower wage, playing more frequently for the Monaco team that won La Liga 8 points over PSG. And they had already sold 3 star players at stellar prices. He was doing better at Milan and still no one seems to have made us an offer. We won't get much for either I'm afraid. But good idea to try. Barkley, Baka, Moses, Zappacosta, Rahman, Drinkwater, Kenedy, never mind Giroud, Pedro, Caballero and perhaps Willian to be pensioned off for no fee. All recent first team squad members. I'm pretty sure that we would have taken bids last summer for almost all of this list (as we did with Luiz to my actual surprise). And we won't get better bids next summer.
  21. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

Man City and Valencia, Kova preferred over Mount. Played vs West Ham with Kante on the bench. Aston Villa and Everton played both games 90 minutes with a fit Jorginho on the bench. Not substituted in ANY of these games. 4 starts, 2 goals since your prediction.
  22. Media / Press

Foot in mouth more likely. Does he not have the common sense to keep it shut?
  23. Media / Press

Where is this video evidence.. Surely if there is distinct monkey gestures (which involves curing the arms up to the armpit area) that would be all over social media.If the sky and newpaper is all they have I would challenge the 'clear and distinct' video evidence. from that it looked more like an aggressive gesture like a boxer curling his arms..?
  24. Everton 3 Chelsea 1

You must have some inside information because I’m not aware of these injuries or fitness issues Jorginho has had. I remember him being suspended recently, but can’t recall any injury. Still as a man who wants evidence and quotes from others to prove their point, I’m sure you’ll be providing this evidence.
  25. Media / Press

Jesus what an absolute knob head. Still as G Neville said , when you get politicians using rhetoric they have in the last 2 years, why are we surprised that racism is being so frequently discussed in England.
  26. Media / Press

He said he was caught putting his hands in his pockets !
  27. Transfer Talk Topic

I think that may actually be possible and not as crazy as it sounds. Barkley has the English tax factor and Baka is doing ok at Monaco.
  28. Transfer Talk Topic

Oooh yes please.
  1. Load more activity