All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

The 'free pass' concept came out of newspaper articles. As ever, the journos have no clear idea what Roman or anyone else has said to Frank, or promised Frank. It is quite likely that Frank might have pointed out to Roman that if the ban stands, he will not be able to strengthen the squad as it might need to be strengthened. It is quite likely that Roman has replied that this will be taken into account when setting targets and judging performance before the ban is over or rescinded. This is nothing like a 'free pass' - which, as I say, is probably paper trash-talk.
  3. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

I was indeed Nobly, had a cracking time. Well I hope Mrs. Nobly has a great time fortified by as many Pimms as she would like (and can afford, they know how to charge there!!!).
  4. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Neither do I but I do think that should be the minimum target, it certainly would have been if Sarri was still here and I guarantee that wouldnt have been anywhere near enough for some.
  5. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Same here. But the priorities of the club this year are re-build, not winning titles. I really don't care if we finish 6th, if at the first available window we buy 4 top class players, and over the next 15 months get rid of about 20 current or former first team squad members (from Moses to Barkely to Morata). That is the short term target. That and not winding up the good players as AVB did during a time of good rebuilding.
  6. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

I hope he doesn't get any sort of a free pass as some have suggested, it would make an absolute mockery of us as a club. If he's not ready and up to the job he shouldn't be appointed. There is no way in a million years he should not have to meet specific targets just because of who he is.
  7. No new members for over a year

Well I might well be updating my Marlborough man for a sexier younger version very soon.
  8. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

We agree there. I just don't buy the idea that Lampard has been given assurances that he does not have to meet the usual standards of the last decade or so. It's a bizarre kind of wishful thinking. He'll be held to account, and while I'll admit to being pessimistic I hope he rises up to it.
  9. Today
  10. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

In the case of di Matteo, the situation is different. He got the boot 6 months after winning the CL, but as I said, RA didn't want to appoint him. I think SFL will be afforded more time than he was if things go a bit wobbly. With JM, the club had no choice but if SFL takes us 1 point above the relegation zone after 16 or 17 games, I agree, I dont think there will be much sympathy. I would like to think, with the transfer ban, and with the squad in need of surgery, SFL might get shown a touch more leniency than previous managers. That said, I would hope whoever gets appointed be afforded the same leniency for the same reasons.
  11. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

This x 100
  12. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

So what are you saying? That you think Lampard would get a 'free pass' as some are suggesting or that you think he wouldn't? I didn't comment on the merits of either Di Matteo or Mourinho being sacked, at least not here. I said their previous relationship with the club meant little when it really came down to it, and that I'm struggling to see why that would be different now. Lampard will get the same treatment as anyone else.
  13. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

In my considerable time watching this team I've seen us hire experienced managers, inexperienced managers, old ones, young ones, ex player managers, managers who had won the world cup, managers who had won zero, managers who had won nothing then won the CL, managers who disliked this club and in turn were disliked by supporters, managers who were adored and then hated, I've seen them achieve everything that was asked of them and I've seen em flop, I've seen them wall out, get sacked and leave by mutual agreement. What I'm not going to do is panic or wring my hands in anxiety with Lampard in charge. He is part of the new generation of young bright coaches. Unlike his Uncle who can't even use a mobile phone , Lampard will use all the latest data available and the latest techniques. He is bright enough to know that he can't do it all on his own. He will be a team player in every sense of the word and surround himself by people who will fill in the gaps of his knowledge. He will also know that he is treading a tightrope and that there is no template for success. Goes with the territory. But he will be buzzing and incredibly excited at the prospect of taking over this great club. I'm ready to ride the wave (wherever it takes us.)
  14. I would like Kovacic to stay. I think we need some experienced players.
  15. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

The CL winning manager, he never wanted to appoint in the first place, and sacked him at the first sign of a wobble. Jose MKII - the club were a point above the drop zone. Had no choice.
  16. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

This, I can get on board with 👍
  17. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Forget the negatives, focus on the positives, Frank is very ambitious and driven and most importantly he knows the English game and Chelsea. So good luck Frank may you become a legend for the second time.
  18. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

As things stand... We're all guessing at how they'll stand in a month. If the ban is suspended, it'll be because we asked and if we asked, it'll be because we intend to do big things. Hence, we're looking at no signings or a spree IMO.
  19. Eden Hazard

This.
  20. @AtTheBridgePod SuperFrank

21. Yesterday
  22. No new members for over a year

Yes, there is that. Sexier? Who cares? Haven't seen this version yet (clips, yes), but Alan Arkin was the perfect Yossarian, imo.
  23. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

This. Well said, that man!
  24. No new members for over a year

You owe nobody anything. But if I try another forum there is some bloke pretending to be me there, and I can't reclaim my nick!! BTW - all the female TV reviewers are saying that new Yossarian is a lot sexier than the old one.
  25. No new members for over a year

I'm not sure that members aren't getting messages - from what I can see, they're just not responding to them! Mind you, that could simply be because I don't understand the system. When you go to the system page, there are a few message alerts at the top of the page: VERSION 4.4.4 OF INVISION COMMUNITY is available and includes a security update (I tried to activate it, but nothing happens). And then theres: reCAPTCHA 1 has reached End Of Life. Other than that, nothing. You know, at least with Peter Sampson, you would get a response, even if it took a couple of days! Unless somebody from the owners makes contact soon, I'm going to check the whole thing in, and go and do something more productive. Surely there must be other Chelsea fan forums out there that are decent and functioning?
  26. Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Boss?

Well if there is one ex-player who knows how to get the absolute best out of a highly talented teenager, I know which one I would chose. And it is not the one with the most U16 caps.
  27. No new members for over a year

I forgot my other suggestion to Admin (if you find them) - can we add a few extra Bytes to the message inbox size. It is a pain to clear out old messages, and as they are only text they must take up very very little memory by 2019 standards. Perhaps that is why no one is getting your messages.
  28. No new members for over a year

I have messaged a few members with questions on a variety of subjects, but as of right now, I've received no replies. Bit disappointed, tbh.
  1. Load more activity