Sleeping Dave

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Sleeping Dave

1. I dont have anything against Todd Boehly and of course he will need to be accepted and given a chance to prove himself as an owner. My gripe is how the whole “football family” threw Roman out and under what circumstances. Meanwhile City are allowed to do basically everything and more x 10 and gets away with it. It’s possible to be critical and thankful at the same time. It doesn’t have to be black or white, it’s possible to have some depth in one’s thoughts. Have I been critical of some of the decisions Roman has taken? Yes. Do I think he has been too shortsighted? Yes. Do I appreciate all he has done for us as our owner? Absolutely.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

That's much like most summers when we haven't won anything of note.
  3. I'm still somewhat at loss on how easily our fans have accepted this. Personally, it feels like someone has molested a family member in a way. Todd Boehly has an awful long way to prove himself worthy imo. He wants to spend £200m on the squad? Get used to it pal, you'll have to spend an awful lot more than that to challenge City and Liverpool. What the FA approves is pretty fuxking irrelevant imho. Over to you Todd.
  4. It’s called scouting and making sure the players you sign actually fits in somewhere, that the teams general style of play suits them (or the other way around), or that these players actually have skills that transfers well to the PL. Apparently we didn’t want Haaland because we are afraid he won’t suit the PL. but have no issue spunking 50m on Werner who only has speed.
  5. If you’re content with us being one of the biggest spenders in world football to be a cup team, nothing to see here. Just pretend it’s raining. Sure. If 3rd or 4th is the aim I agree with you. But it’s not with the money we spend.
  6. Which is what I've been trying to say for a good few years now, often with considerable amusement from others on here. Our squad is light years away from being genuine challengers. Only a dramatic turn of events at Anfield or Man C will change that for the foreseeable future. Because as you say, we won't turn this side into challengers within the next 12 months. The job ahead is simply too large and the players we have signed recently are nowhere near good enough. The whole structure around transfers will have to change. Our latest dealings (in EUR); Lukaku - 115m Saul - Loan Havertz - 80m Werner - 53m Chilwell - 50m Ziyech - 40m Mendy - 24m Sarr - free Silva - free Kovacic - 45m Arrizabalaga - 80m Pulisic - 64m Jorginho - 57m Higuain - Loan A ****ing depressing read that.
  7. Klopp has overseen 22 out of his current squad of 27. Pep has overseen 20/23 of his current Man C players.
  8. Andreas Christensen

Christensen is, I believe, not struggling with mental health issues. He is however struggling with IBS which would explain him withdrawing from games in the last minute a few times. I don’t know this for a fact, just rumours that I’ve heard. But sure, he isn’t a mentally strong player and imo not quite good enough to be a starter for a club like ours. He wouldn’t be starting at Man C or Liverpool. So if we have ambitions he shouldn’t start here either. It seems Kounde may be a signing we do make. Still a proper CB short even if we sign him.
  9. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Simply not true.
  10. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

He was benched because he was largely garbage for a good 18 months. Let’s not pretend otherwise or rewrite history. Kudos for his last 18 months at the club, but they were surely the exception and not the general rule when it comes to his performances. Of course the Rudiger of the last 18 months will be missed at the club.
  11. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Talk about the team and it’s players having been massively found out this season. We managed to keep up the charade for about 8 months of playing football. Now the wheels has really come off. I reiterate. A complete rebuild is not only something I’d like, it’s absolutely necessary.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

Chucking 1bn GBP on the problem won’t solve it. We need players that fit with how the manager wants to play, give him the freedom to build the squad long term, and accept that may mean we won’t sign the flavour of the month each summer. Look at City and Liverpool. I’ve been stating the bleeding obvious for well over a decade but always get laughed at. You build long term success by building for the long term. It’s so obvious it almost becomes ridiculous to say it. Yet every bloody summer we are in some sort of crisis mode. Give Tuchel a new 6 year deal and sign players that he wants. Not what some scout or agent looking to line their own pockets think we should do.
  13. Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

This is uncalled for.
  14. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Oh and we’re the first club to have ever lost three FA Cup finals in a row (consecutive years). Newcastle lost three finals over four years, but never three in a row. Over the last six seasons we’ve been in the final five times, losing four and only winning once. Appalling. Time to drag Drogba out of retirement!
  15. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Last four seasons our points tally was 67, 66, 70 and 72. This season anything between 70-76. We’ve been consistently 15-20 points off the pace to challenge. You can’t hide behind any snide remark, those are the facts. Just suck it up pal.
  16. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

**** this season. One of the worst I've ever endured. Losing two cup finals against that lot on penalties because we are too ****ing useless in front of goal. Robbed of the three previous FA Cup Finals before that. It's quickly gone from our favorite Cup to out most cursed competition. We need one point to secure top 4 (at home to Leicester and Watford). If we fail doing that just sack the lot of em. Personally I think we will have quite a few seasons now without even being close to compete in any of the competitions we play in. Just bite the bullet, accept we are ****ed short term and build something great for the future. I'm out. Someone wake me up in August.
  17. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Barkley sure to miss his penalty. No doubt. Questions will be asked of Tuchel if we end up losing this and rightly so. Sometimes he’s just trying to be too clever for his own good.
  18. Transfer Talk Topic

Honestly, this side is in dire need of a complete rebuild. Complete rebuild. The only players I see have any sort of long-term future at the club is Eduard Mendy, Mason Mount, Reece James, Trevoh Chalobah and Ben Chilwell. The rest are either not good enough, too old, finished, or never was. For the medium term I’d accept some making claims for Kovacic, Werner, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic but for them to be long-term solutions it requires a massive improvement from them. Edit: and we should build a new side of our best academy prospects and young up and coming players with a clear role to play in the team. Either we do it right this time or we do t do it at all.
  19. Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

We only have two players who would start regularly for Liverpool. James and Mount. Neither would be automatic starters but they’d definitely start their fair share of games. No one else is even close.
  20. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Maybe he has realised himself that he’s not as good as we made him out to be? He’s been exposed big time this season and he doesn’t have an answer. This team is finished and has been for a long time. Tuchel coming in last season and making us tick for 6 months has papered over the cracks. We are ****ing **** and need an urgent rebuild.
  21. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Eh? Isn’t that exactly what Liverpool and City are doing and have been doing for the past five seasons?
  22. So bored. Great, we have a new owner who at the present time has not been proved to have any strange relationships to any shady figures. Welcome Todd. You have some shoes to fill.
  23. Leeds United 0 Chelsea 3

What could possibly go wrong.
  24. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

We don’t seem to be able to score at the moment. Once you are in that situation every game is a potential loss in this league. 3pts ahead of Arsenal and 5 ahead of Spurs. 12 points left to play for. This season has panned out to be a minor disaster. On par for 73-74 points. Very disappointing all around.