CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 04/26/1953

Previous Fields

• Team
    chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

1,284 profile views
  1. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

I think the same line up . Get a result under our belt & then the first big test next week. I can see the top 5/6, not sure about Man U, taking points of each other. A very interesting season ahead.
  2. Nice Statement from Roman just now. As a fan for the last 57 years, I can only thank him for how he saved & turned the club around & the great moments that his ownership brought us. The start of a new beginning on Monday but the memories of the great players we saw at the club & the finals (whether won or lost) under his tenure are ours to keep. Next game back at the bridge should show a spontaneous round of applause for the guy with the screens showing the highlights of his ownership & stuff the press & their views. Funny how the tv pundits were quick to comment & give their views on the chant of his name at our games but didn’t comment on the booing of the National anthem by the lot playing tonight. Come on Real Madrid.
  3. Chelsea 2 Watford 1

Same old. right to the end of the season
  4. The Times reporting that the loan now needs repaying. David Dean asking for some of the fund intended for Ukrainian people should be invested in grass roots football. If this saga carries on much longer then the club could be in trouble as the license runs out at the end of May. I hope that these are rumours & that the sale gets its approval, whether to Boehly or Radcliffe within the next week. It may just settle things down on the playing side too, but that’s a whole new problem.
  5. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

Expect the same post match comments from TT. Yaaaawwwwnnnn!
  6. Talk sport say Man U.
  7. Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

Sky will then spend the summer making special programmes on how Liverpool did the quadruple, how Klopp succeeded where others failed, is the greatest team ever? &o no & on & on. You must be bonkers! Let’s hope they win naff all.
  8. Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

They scored 5 goals between them as well.
  9. Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

A point that tv will forget to mention no doubt.
  10. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

I am a bit baffled why some on here think that Romelu Lukaku hasn’t made a difference. They are of course entitled to their opinion but I’m certain that he has given us a weapon that we didn’t possess last season. He is an enormous irritation to opponents centre backs, always jostling them & giving them something to think about which we didn’t have last year. He scores ( not every game as some seem to think he should) & he is providing the opportunity for others in the side by simply being a huge presence for the opposition. It doesn’t necessarily mean that he has to play every game or that we have to play the same system up front but it’s another string to our bow & a very strong one in my opinion. VAR. The disallowed goal was a complete nonsense. Both the referee & his assistant were close to the incident & neither thought that an offence had been committed. Why then does a guy sitting in a remote location deem in necessary to draw the referees attention to an incident that occurred some moves back. That is not what VAR was intended for. Anyone listening to the Chelsea commentary will have heard that Jason Cundy thought that the referee allowed himself to be bullied by the VAR official on both occasions . I wouldn’t use the term bully but I do think that by notifying the referee, he asserted an unnecessary pressure. On the subject of the commentary, Jason’s take on the VAR sending off incident was hilarious. He must have changed his mind half a dozen times on whether it was going to be a red card or not whilst we waited on the decision. Thank you Jason, that made me chuckle. By the way I thought that the referee got it right first time & allowed doubt to creep in by the VAR official again. We’ve had them go against us I know, but it was a game changer.
  11. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

I recently saw the documentary set called Six dream ( done a few years ago) which featured Saul. He seemed a main player at Athletico Madrid. He seems to have found the pace & intensity of the Premier league hard to adjust to. I’m wondering if TT is breaking him in as a substitute rather than see him struggle as he has done. I think that there is a player to be had in him. I hope that I’m right. It’s a long tough season & we may well need him.
  12. Africa cup of nations

9th Jan to 6th Feb is the AFCON. It means we may be without Mandy for City, Spurs & Brighton. We don’t need that. Others are affected as well but that is a key position for us.
  13. Next year’s draw shows us in pot 1 with pot 2 opponents from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Borussia Dortmund or Sevilla. How mouth watering is that? No fears now though.
  14. After a night to reflect & let the euphoria calm down, some thoughts. What a difference it makes to the game when you have a proper ref who makes his decisions & sticks with them. No ridiculous VAR decisions ruining the game. 11 players on each side finishing the game toe to toe. A defensive performance of immense proportions from everyone. Was I the only person who wanted us to get out & attack more in the last quarter? All the players stepped up but if I’m honest I didn’t think Dave could play like that any more ( he proved me wrong & I’m happy to admit it). A commanding keeper giving the defence the base it needs ( needs to kick better though) What fantastic support from the Chelsea fans at the game. Next season we have to find a goal scorer ( my ageing heart doesn’t cope with how we sat back). We need another strong midfielder. It’s going to be a long season with so many games to fit it ( but that’s what happens when you win things). For the rest of the weekend, no make that the week I will sit & bask in the sheer delight that we won & are champions of Europe! I will continue to read the comments on here because I just enjoy the wide ranging various opinions of us all. ( oh by the way, that was City’s A side). ENJOY THE REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!