CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 02/13/1987

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

4,013 profile views
  1. Transfer Talk Topic

Re the werner deal at circa €30m, lukaku to inter, supposedly willing to offload ziyech at 8m. I wonder if we are taking advantage of the relaxed ffp rules, which are due to be replaced soon, and clear the wages off the decks while we can. Not sure how it works with amortisation, can that all be written off at the point if sale. Our new owners are certainly taking some bold financial decisions with regard to the playing squad, which gives me some comfort.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

🤔 I thought the same Dr Paul W, could be a monthly occurence
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

The new owners business plan appears to be investing heavily in the squad, presumably as they think success on the pitch is the best way to grow the profile of the club. They also appear to be bringing in players based on what the manager thinks we need. Regardless of whether we think we are overpaying, bringing in the wrong players, making signings in the wrong position etc, we as fans should be ecstatic with their intentions and the direction that we are moving in under their stewardship. I had some concerns about being bought by an investment fund, but the early signs are looking very promising.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

I agree, especially with all the upheaval in the squad some continuity of experience will be great. Also means we are less desperate for another CB and don't have to get ripped off this summer. Christensen played less than 20 league games the last 2 seasons, these can be picked up by Azpi, Cucurella, Chalobah. Maybe leaves us a bit thin on quality if injuries hit but we are in a rebuild. If we sign Cucurella, loan Colwill then I would say Todd is doing a great job so far. Ideally another striker would come in too
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

There are more to stats than just goals and assists, particularly for a full back. Interesting analysis here - https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/0EjT78srDE6xzERCZ37g0A/Show/Looking-at-why-Man-City-are-pushing-for-Marc-Cucurella
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Statistically one of, if not the, best fb/wb in the league last season. Problem is we have 3 left backs already, one of whom we already spent 50m on. Cucurella did play 9 games as a left sided cb in a 3 last season, although that would probably be a waste of his attacking talents
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

Just make sure it's not Evertons favoured transport provider, Richard Arlison's coaches. They might not ever make it.
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

Slippy Scouse Git
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

I've always thought we bought him primarily for marketing reasons, rather than sporting reason. Or at least that's why we paid so much for him. Had he been European no way he would command that fee, and I doubt we would have targeted him.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm not sure I would, I doubt his name would even appear in this thread if he hadn't been sold buy us. They don't stop anyone else agreeing a fee and offering more wages, minutes, etc either Buy backs and min release clauses also typically don't kick in until after 2 seasons +, and so would be of no use this summer for players sold last year (Tammy, Guehi, Tomori, Livramento)
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

I can see it heading that way too, especially with the new loan rules and existing squad rukes We've got more dross than loan spaces. So, I imagine at the end of the window there will be a player who doesn't have a squad place, who we can't loan out and who nobody wants to pay a fee for. Maybe the club can be in a position to say "look we will pay half your last year and you are free to sign for someone else". Picking Brakley as an example, surely he will want to play, and surely a PL team would take a punt on him on a free and circa 50k a week. We save a couple mil in the process. It's the 22 year olds who aren't quite at PL level who are most likely to get screwed over, that really isn't that old to be a PL regular.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

‘Everything in Chelsea’s hands’ – Player will ‘only agree’ to leave club for Blues, situation complicated - Sport Witness No idea sure if any of this is true, but would be satisfying if the shoe was on the other foot and all of a sudden we hold all the cards on De Jong, Azpi and Alonso
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Lots of people getting their knickers in a twist over click bait rumours about us supposedly being gazumped left right and centre for every player we are interested in. Sevilla are reported by Spanish press to have said Kounde to Barca is total lies. Reality is Boehly asked TT who he wanted in attack, first name given was Sterling and we signed him. We've also signed Koulibaly who I imagine every manager in the prem would want to have signed. If we really wanted Jesus or Richarlison I've no doubt they would be here, given we have way more pull and financial muscle than the spuds and arse. The only player I see we really "missed out" on is maybe Raphinha, but I think in his head he had signed for Barca back in January so that is understandable. If anything we pushed up the price that Barca had to pay so screwed them a bit.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11016897/INTERVIEW-Thomas-Tuchel-taking-Lukakus-exit-personally-wanted-horrible-Sterling.html Interesting that TT says he is now heavily involved in the transfers, giving names etc. But actually he would prefer not to be, shows what we know!
  15. Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

The caption is the lyrics to a rap song for those that didn't know. Not that it makes it any less idiotic