About Holymoly

• Rank
    CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 08/17/1960

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

Currently Scotland. Previously London. Originally Wales.

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea for the last 50+ years

Recent Profile Visitors

4,440 profile views
  1. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Wow. Buffoonery at it's very best.
  2. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

You admit they had far more chances. How is that reflected in your stats? It's not, so let's just ignore it shall we?. The game is played on the field Droy not on an Excel spreadsheet. Much as I'd like to ignore your meaningless drivel, it's hard when you're omnipresent and keep shouting everyone else down. Football must be like watching the matrix for you, a neverending waterfall or ones and zeros. It's a shame you can't assess a game with words without recourse to highly subjective quack stats and pass them off as the proof of your opinion.
  3. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

To be honest I wouldn't like to be logging up this backlog of games.
  4. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Didn't see the game but listened on the radio. From my perspective we were as far from it as we were at the Bridge. How the hell we beat them in the CL final is beyond me on these showings. The ethos TT sent them out, in both games, seemed to be "ooh you're so great we can only hope to beat you on the break". Basically Pep has learned and we have not. Droy may come on here spouting some meaningless statistics about how close 1-0 is but that was a comprehensive a 1-0 as I've seen since.....ohh, say the game at the Bridge. Two steps forward, one step back. Not good.
  5. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Call me old fashioned but I thought that was what squads, and in extremes the youth squads, were for? If there were literally no players at the club available to play ok but to cry over the fact they have half their regulars unavailable is just overly precious. If the game was put off the precedent it would set is unimaginable for the opportinites to game the system by clubs.
  6. Non Chelsea: Domestic Cup Competitions

Seriously, does Xhaka ever NOT get sent off?
  7. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Game management at this stage.
  8. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Please be quiet, you'll wake up Droy.
  9. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Jorginho, speaking to Sky Sports: "It is always hard to play against his (Conte's) team, they run a lot". Yeah Jorgie, you'll need to get off your arse tonight because Saul ain't gonna cover you.
  10. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Jorginho and Saul....disaster waiting to happen unless there's a change of formation.
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

If we do need to go out and replace both Christensen and Rudiger it would be beneficial that they could start in a 4 as at the moment any plan B TT may dream up has to start with 3 at the back which is kind of restrictive.
  12. Media / Press

I don't particularly care that our games aren't being called off. I'd rather have a sack full of draws in the cupboard come the end of the season when hopefully we're also still in cup competitions than have to make up 3 or 4 games in a week. The media can try and make things easy for their darlings but in the end the season ends when it ends so they have to make up the games somewhere, hopefully impacting on end of season competition. The close season will be more important than ever because of the WC coming up fast so FIFA won't look kindly on us extending the season just for the benefit of Pool et al.
  13. I think the opinions tend to start with the match day commentary, followed by the half time and full time analyses. By and large the media at large tend to toe this line regarding who was great and who was crap. Ultimately however eventually a single narrative tends to take control and if you are the player who ends up without a chair when the music stops you get crucified. So far this season we're seen Saul get many a ****** stick to hold, probably with good reason, however I do feel the criticism handed out to Alonso and Pulisic is outwith all commonsense. In the same way that some would argue Jorginho deserves deification I believe the discarding of Alonso and Pulisic as being cart horses only deserving of the glue factory is extreme, the former certainly has been a tremendous servant to this club, I bellieve the truth lies somewhere short of the extremes they have been described. It is rare a game is lost solely down to an individual. All too often this season the poor results have been as a result of a deficiency in the team dynamic. We don't need to go hunting for a single statisitc to explain it or an individual player on whom to heap the blame, sometimes we just haven't been good enough as a group of players.
  14. Official: Chelsea Sign Thiago Silva

This is a relief. Just Christensen and Rudiger to replace then.