CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 08/30/1960

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

1,264 profile views
  1. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Nah, He is an equal opportunity bellend. unless you think victms of rape and the Disabled are "anti-woke" and "anti-cancel culture" https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/frankie-boyle-insults-disabled-and-laughs-at-rape-but-could-he-summon-up-the-courage-to-mock-the-ira-of-course-not-31436165.html
  2. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Clear as Mud " Chelsea have had the terms of the licence imposed by government following the sanctioning of Roman Abramovich eased further, after they were allowed to sell tickets to fans for away fixtures. The club will not see any of the money made from these sales, nor from tickets sold at Stamford Bridge to visitors, which Chelsea can also now do. Instead the revenues will go to Chelsea’s opponents and competition organisers, including the Premier League, the government said. Neither will Chelsea fans be able to buy home tickets to watch the men’s team, but the changes will ease some of the current uncertainty faced by supporters." " Clause 7 of the licence grants the club the right to sell tickets and clause 8 determines that another club or a “relevant body” may “receive and retain the proceeds of sale of those tickets”. However the precise terms are complicated and vary depending on competition. The revenue from all the matches will go to charity, with the Premier League stating: “Chelsea FC have requested and the Premier League agreed that this revenue will be donated to charity to benefit victims of the war in Ukraine. The beneficiary charities will be announced in due course after consultation with the club.” https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/23/chelsea-permitted-to-sell-tickets-to-their-fans-for-away-fixtures
  3. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Has made the front page of the Telegraph, no idea what the article says as pay walled. Not sure as others have mentioned it will change anything, as Boris does not do embarassment https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/23/ukraine-frustrated-german-failure-supply-weapons/
  4. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Candy is as much aTory, As Trump was a Democrat between being a Republican and Robert Maxwell was Labour, Political affinity just a flag of convenience to these types, and I use the word Types to avoid giving offence.
  5. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

I would agree, plenty more like this about. They ( brother inc ) Have a long History of self promotion and opaque finances. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9820943/Billionaire-Candy-brothers-foot-4m-tax-bill-purchase-68million-Georgian-mansion.html
  6. Lille 1 Chelsea 2 (1 - 4 on aggregate)

From the grauniad matchday, . . . Just perfect "Today’s referee, Davide Massa, is in hot water in Italy at the moment following a strange misjudgment last weekend when he was the VAR official for the Torino-Inter match (he advised the ref to overturn a penalty decision despite the foul being blatant); that followed other controversial decisions earlier this season, such as in the Napoli-Milan game. His performance today, then, will be under particular scrutiny. "
  7. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Have just read on the BBC His steel company has allegedly sold steel used in Russian Tanks !!! We also get in the UK a lot of Diesel from Russia, Filed up last week so I must also be complicit . . . .
  8. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Yep seems, vague, and not really a knee-jerk reaction at all. 12. HM Treasury may vary, revoke or suspend this licence at any time.
  9. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Bissouma has indeed many attributes but playing last night was not one of them, He is in the ACN with Mali. It doesnt take much to man mark Jorge out of a game thou. Brighton: Sanchez; Veltman, Webster, Brun; Lamptey, Gross, Alzate, Cucurella; Moder, Welbeck, MacAllister Subs: Schierpen, McGill, Maupay, Trossard, March, Caicedo, Roberts , Leonard, Ferguson
  10. European Super League

Correct. But why would it ?, My comment had nothing to do with punishment anyway. Not sure I have made a comment on punishment, Just the mechanisms that may be involved at some state , Or not. . .
  11. European Super League

No offence , But I am not sure your reading of “cartel and competition law.” Is correct in this case. Now for example if the then 12 formed a new Super league left the Jurisdiction of their local FA’s Leagues and UEFA Super league. They may be able to establish a new sporting venture, new rules etc Like Boxing and other sports Have. And may they have been able to establish the rights to exist of a new Super league in a court (somewhere) if challenged and as messy as it would be, May be able to carry on. However this is not the case here, This is pure Cakeism, They want the benefits of the Super league AND The benefits Of the Local Leagues, FA’s, UEFA etc Which is where the problems lie. Establishing that would be a very different Legal argument Perez may hold sway in Madrid not else where . Set up a new independent Super league yes, Set up a new independent Super league within existing sporting structures probably not. (I'm using current terms as Perez has just been interviewed denying any resignations and it is still full steam ahead.)
  12. European Super League

Eh ? Never said it was.Just a point about you mentioning Madrid getting bailed out locally, I case you missed it Getting bailed out By the City is unlikely now
  13. European Super League

Maybe not. I get the argument on this is that Real haven't left the defunct Superleague yet and are still defending it we have, or so we have been told
  14. European Super League

You missed this one from last month then ! 10s of millions of euros to pay back FC Barcelona and Real Madrid will be forced to pay back illegal state aid https://www.ft.com/content/2b6aa26f-f2ac-426f-b218-612f4c21695c
  15. European Super League

At the Arsenal fan forum taking place Josh Kroenke confirmed that there is a £8millon fee for leaving, That was money well spent, Nevermind Tammy and Tomoris sale can cover it. . .