http://

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

8,005 profile views
  1. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

I was there too, sandwiched between Japanese waving iPads in front of me and Russians chanting Roos-eye-ah. Both learned some useful colloquial English phrases, and at least one oriental gentleman left the match reflecting on whether an iPad would actually fit where I had proposed. The crowd were not exactly helping matters, but Lukaku was quite as Nobly recalls: looked like a lost little boy, hoping someone would tell him what to do. His gait was as described, leaving me to wonder whether he was carrying an iPad himself. At the end of the match I returned to my hotel. The bar was closed and there was just a small can of Heineken in the minibar. Summed the evening up. Shame. The bar had been fun before we walked to the stadium, but that’s where the fun stopped.
  2. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Apart from Kepa, I can't think of one player who should sleep well tonight. Disgraceful.
  3. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Mason is totally out of wind, Lukaku can't hit a sitter, Jorge's brain farting like an ageing labrador ... not one member of the team looking sharp except - arguably - Ziyech ... either covid has hit some of our lot hard, or there is a feeling of "PL gone, second place unlikely, 3rd and 4th tenuous, what the hell...".
  4. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Still think so?
  5. Media / Press

^ I recall a couple next to me being apprehended by the stewards at Goodison park for making an obscene gesture at Everton fans singing this chant. They were naturally concerned at ejection from the ground and possible loss of their season tickets, so I suggested that they use the homophobic chanting by Everton supporters as justification for extending the traditional clenched fist and two raised fingers. Result? They were released and apologised to, and I got a big kiss from the lady in question. If the Stewards knew then (2010?) and accepted it as justification, why did they allow it to continue in further matches?
  6. Aha... the Irishman .... Gustav O'Poyet ... a sad, sad loss ...
  7. Chelsea's forward issues

Can't disagree with that .... always felt that was an error .....
  8. When he left last time, I was disappointed, but actually rather relieved: he had seemed like a lost soul, floating around the pitch waiting for someone to tell him what to do, and that can never be how a leading professional behaves in any profession. On his return, I was looking forward to seeing a much improved, and possibly finished, article. Alas, I am once more disappointed.
  9. Africa cup of nations

She's not been gone for that long, Chara ....
  10. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

… and a commentator for that Scouse [email protected]
  11. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Pass to Alonso would have been better
  12. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Wonder if Sterling holds an Equity card?
  13. Africa cup of nations

She’s back! Happy new year Jane!
  14. Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1 (0 - 3 on aggregate)

Marriner all at sea ...... sorry, no cards??? Not even for Marriner?