• Days Won

About chelboy

• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Previous Fields

• Team
    chelsea
  1. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

I would be very worried if I was TT. Some look like they have thrown in the towel. It’s only January. Some very worrying body language out there. Completely different to the start of the season. There’s definitely stuff going on behind and I think it’s more than Lukaku and TT.
  2. Not interested? He was motm against Villa and Brighton. Those were two very good performances. The City performance was crap but so was the rest of the forwards including the 3 subs that came on. All six forwards had crap games which is quite remarkable. I question why he was playing a lone target man role. Don’t be fooled by his size, he isn’t a lone target man. He’s a poacher. He’s looked best when alongside Havertz. There’s still a good goal scorer in there. I think some fans still haven’t moved on from that interview though.
  3. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Our slump started before we lost a lot of players to injuries and Covid. Every game from Man U to Everton should have been wins. That’s where the issue started from. The teams we put out were good enough to win. Everton were missing many players and playing with four kids against us and we still couldn’t beat them. We are kidding ourselves if we think this is just down to injuries and covid.
  4. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

This. If you can’t play well consistently then I don’t think you can call yourself a great team. TT winning the CL raised expectations which have been too high for this team. They can’t play with the pressure of having to be consistent from August to May. They struggle with it mentally. If TT can make us become a team that can perform from August to May consistently then it would be the biggest achievement he has made so far. Right now we are just a cup team. Cups only take one bad decision from the ref and you could be knocked out. Becoming a league team is far more difficult and mentally tougher over the entire season. That’s what I want to see us become.
  5. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

No, he would just add to our problems. We have too many players that like to take extra touches on the ball and delay/miss passing opportunities. Willian used to do this a lot. What we miss is a Fabregas type of player. I look at some of the runs our attackers make and I can feel their frustration. If Costa was in this team does anyone see him scoring more than 10 goals in the league? Can’t see him getting more than that.
  6. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

At least those teams had a serious title challenge in them. 5 years since our last title challenge. We can not even make it February without being blown away. Unacceptable.
  7. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

I dont know if it makes much of a difference. All have had poor form during this winter period. May as well pick players names from a hat.
  8. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Fully agree about the mental strength. They can’t do it for a full season. This just proves it.
  9. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

But behind by 13 points? How on earth does that happen in 8 or so games. It’s pathetic. 4 or 5 points I can accept but this gap is far too big for January. There’s no excuses. The team doesn’t even look like they believe in themselves anymore. It’s worrying.
  10. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

The strike isn’t in the corner, that was easier to save than the Grealish chance. He’s just good at reaction saves but long range he has footing/movement problems.
  11. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Regardless, this looks like the final nail in the coffin in terms of the title race. I thought we would last longer than January to be honest. This is really disappointing. Maybe my expectations were too high. But to be behind 13 points in January? Who on earth saw that coming when we were top on Dec 1. Pathetic.
  12. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Kepa takes a step the wrong way before the shot. Mendy saves that.
  13. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Finally there we go clear cut chance created. Good save Lukaku could have done better.
  14. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

How many long range passers are actually in this first eleven? How many do we even have in our squad? Too many players who like to dribble and take unnecessary extra touches. No one gets there head up and makes a pass in time. It’s not TT fault they play like this, they can’t play any other way because they lack the long range passing skill sets. I blame TT for this front three that just isn’t going to work at all. Still surprised he plays Lukaku in this kind of role. Was hoping he would have figured by January now.
  15. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

TT has to understand Lukaku strengths and weaknesses. Playing him as a lone target man is a waste of his skill sets. If you give him a supporting striker to work with he would be more effective. Many people think he can play lone target man because of his size but he can't. This front three doesn’t make any sense to me. Bring on a Havertz or Werner at HT if you want to play Lukaku in a game like this.