• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

2,337 profile views
  1. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

The WBs are so critical for this team. So when both Chillwell and James look so incredibly rusty, it is no surprise we struggled in this game. The difference between having two top WBs on form bombing up and down is everything for this team. It gives Mount much more space to operate in that difficult n.8 position, it gives Sterling more overlapping threats which forces defenses in making difficult decisions, and it gives both Kante and Jorginho more time and options for distributing the ball. When those WB look like they did, it makes things more difficult for everybody. Defenders can focus on collpasing Mount, hustle Jorginho and Kante, allow themselves to not double and triple Sterling with coverage and so on. I expected Chillwell to look this rusty, but no excuses for James. That was an average outing from him considering our extremely high expecations. Very disappointed for him to look this rusty. I hope he can look like last seasons James real quick. Positives for me was our bench; you have to feel good about the depth. That is a good bench. And with 5 subs this season, it could really give us a huge edge.
  2. It is impossible to pass judgement on the new owners this early on, but my first impression is one of confusion. To me they seem very competent and professional. However, I am skeptical of how they decided to start their journey by removing/not keeping key figures at the club at the start of their journey. I am of course thinking of Cech, Maria, Buck and perhaps several others we haven't heard about leaving through the back door. That is a lot of "know how" that got tossed in the bin early on. Much of the value of CFC is in the people who work there, who learned through trial and error what works and what does not work. To me it seems counterintuitive to not build upon that base going forward. Of course Boehly would want to build his own thing, but it seems silly not do this in harmony with the previous (highly successful) foundation that was in place. Especially in the first year.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

Kipembe would be absolutely amazing. Every time I have watched him play he has looked spectacular. At 26 he would could really be our Desailly for the new era.
  4. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Not a fan of the "dumbing" down of expectations from TT lately. It is not a miracle that we finish third, it is OK. I get the injuries, but the mental collapse has been rather disappointing. Losing the games we have lost, the way we have lost them, is what should give Boehly and other great cause for concern.
  5. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Something does not seem right behind the scenes to me. Looks like the players are the ones ready to chuck him out. He flat out called out our Azpi for not doing what he was being told. Pulisic dad is on twitter complaining. And I do not dare think how frosty cold his relationship with Lukaku is. Ownership situation has created a power vacuum that probably has allowed things to boil over. The club is in dire need of a reset. Clearly TT deserves a fresh go with "his players". I believe we can do great things with the players we have if we buy right. Someone like Rice in the middle, Kounde in defence would make a big difference. Not a lot of things that need to be done here.
  6. Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

So has Benzema over these two matches tbh.. Christiansen vs Viscinus and a world class striker is what cost us this tie. All else is the fine margins of football.
  7. We have had some fantastic managers. You can’t say he’s the best until he has done what Jose did in the league though. Total domination. We haven’t seen that yet. But I believe we can see it. Personality wise he seems like a great fit for this club
  8. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

I am worried about the media promo for Candy. He is getting a lot of positive press. His connection with the political establishment that is behind our current situation should worry us all.
  9. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

That would be the right thing to do. But bear in mind that there is hard work behind the scene for this not to happen. It is not hard to see. Rumours of the government pressuring sponsors to run away, calls from the government for fans to please "get in line" and stop support Roman, putting the club on the knifes edge with the media machine pumping daily articles about our downfall. It is all to keep the club and fans in check. Everybody who can think for themselves can see that this story is utter shambles and fraudulent. But it is hard to think clearly when the media and powers up top are working overtime to put forward their agenda. Truth always prevails in the end though.
  10. Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 0

I have a really bad feeling about Candy. I think it would be a disaster if he took us over.
  11. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Anyone seen this? Absolutely horrendous if it happened. The Government seems to be taking a hard line in its licence negotiations with Chelsea. It appears to be willing to make only marginal concessions, for example on away travel costs and the renegotiation of player contracts.. Clearly it wants to make an example of a high profile oligarch. It is being egged on by Labour MP Chris Bryant who has occupied the high moral ground and has asked more commercial sponsors to distance themselves from the club. Indeed, Bryant wants the Government to go further and 'seize' the club, I.e., nationalise it. This would be a first in football and give Nadine Dorries an even bigger role (although I notice that technology minister Chris Philp has been making statements for the Government). https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2022/03/government-gives-it-large-to-chelsea.html?m=1
  12. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

So Abramovich basically has his assets stolen, I am sorry, under sanction, because he has a "close relationship" with Putin. Evidence given is that he may potentially have been involved in providing steel which may have been used in the production of tanks. It also says he has been given tax breaks from the state. The case they have put up against him is so incredibly thin that it has become clear the government decided to throw out due process and rule of law to the bin and do as they wish. Do as they wish they can in this extremely populistic climate. However, once the dust settles, the consequences will roll inn. No foreigner should feel safe with their assets in the UK, this case sets an incredible precedent. In a well functioning state ruled and governed by laws, Boris and his companions would never have been able to pull this off. You simply cannot steal property on so flimy grounds. What makes the whole situation so ironic is that the guy who has been pushing hardest to make this happen. MP Chris Bryant, has blood on his hands from voting for the Iraq war and being guilty of the murder of hundreds of thousands of people. This is the reality of the world, people like that get to say people like Abramovich have blood on their hands. Absolutely shambolic state of affairs. For me personally, nothing has changed with Abramovich. I see no connection with him and the atrocities in Ukraine. There is no solid evidence. It is all guilt by association. The fans who sing his name probably see through all this fakeness and take a stand. In my view, no fan would sing his name if the government came out with proof of him being actually complicit in the war in Ukraine. Would I sign his name? No, but that goes back to his apparent financial support of illegal Israeli settlements. Something which seems to be actually substantiated with some proof. What does all that is happening mean for Chelsea football club? We are getting attacked from every angle, from slimey weasels who use this terrible war in Ukraine as gun powder to shoot at this club, which they have always despised. But we have always fought against the current, this is no different, the current just got a lot stronger than it has been before. But at the end of the day it is these tough times which has truly shaped the Chelsea DNA over the over 117 years we have been in existence. But we must not forget all this truly slimey journalists with no basic comprehension of logic or any sense of journalistic integrity.
  13. Thank You Roman

Arrangement that takes attention away from the club while the world is in hyper anti-Russia modus.
  14. Chelsea 2 Lille 0

Rudiger is simpy monumental. I am stunned the club has not brought out the bag to secure him. Top 3 CB in Europe, dynamic offensively and a proper team leader. The salary-decision tree at Cobham needs throwing in the bin if he goes for free.
  15. West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Incredibly weird to have a go at Lukaku in this game. It’s like seeing a fetish you can’t grasp. Really bad substitutions from TT. To beat this team you have stretch them because they both attack and defend like a compact pack of wolves. If you stretch them however and force them to play with bigger distances between midfield and defence and attack, they struggle. Which is why it was so baffling to me that TT took of Ziyech who WH always had to respect because of his long, precise vertical and horizontal passing game, and put on Pulisic and CHO, players who offer so little vertical and horizontal threat. Not only that but they are also ineffective against compact sides that are physical. It’s like gifting Moyes the three points. The obvious sub was to put on Werner who at least would have kept their team stretched and honest. TT for me has to do better here. I can forgive Mendy. He could not clear it on the first touch because the risk of him wiping down their player was significant. That’s a clear red card. On his second touch he should have cleared it but he is a keeper and unfortunately it is easy for keepers to misjudge how quickly those situations escalate. We have seen it time and time again. They play at a different pace 99.9% of their career.