• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

3,633 profile views
  1. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Spot on with these three. Azpi in fairness might be knackered but given they are arguably our most senior players they’ve been poor. I thought Kante was not himself against Man City too… Kovacic and Havertz on in 10-15 minutes if no improvements
  2. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Took the words right out of my mouth! Pulisic has an annoying tendency to take too many touches at the moment and just run into traffic. Sometimes he wins a free kick but he almost always kills the momentum of the attack. You get the same with Werner but usually because of a heavy first touch or just gives the ball away. There’s no doubt in my mind that CHO, Mount and Havertz should all be on the pitch for us somewhere currently. (I could live with CHO playing wing back even) - their ability to retain possession under pressure and move into space is night & day versus the rest.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

Yep been saying this for a year. Would offer us a much faster, aggressive outlet on the right.
  4. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Different game today with a front three of Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, Mount IMO
  5. Chelsea 5 Chesterfield 1

Debut for Lewis Hall, but an otherwise strong team. Be nice to get a few goals up and be able to introduce Harvey Vale etc
  6. Whilst I totally agree with the general sentiment and point you’re making, he has also played 90 minutes against Liverpool (VVD had him in his pocket) and the 1-0 defeat to Juventus.
  7. Chelsea 2 Liverpool 2

Robertson’s suspended mate. It’s obviously not our strongest 11 today, but Liverpool have a fair few out too, including Allison, Firminho, Matip, Thiago, Minamino etc.
  8. Brentford 0 Chelsea 2

Very happy with that. Makeshift team put out, debut to 3 academy lads, good confidence booster to Saul and Kepa, Chalobah looked assured at CCB, minutes in the legs for Kante and Kovacic. We have a hell of a January on the cards but hopefully our share of injuries and COVID are behind us, and players are coming back at just the right time. TT should be able to rotate pretty heavily for Chesterfield and the two Spurs CC games and still field really strong teams.
  9. Brentford 0 Chelsea 2

Perhaps a bit ignorant, but I’m not familiar with Brentford’s players with the exception of Toney (who is on the bench) Reports suggested they were going to field a strong side - can anybody confirm if they have or not? Their starting 11 means nothing to me looking at it!
  10. Wolves 0 Chelsea 0

It’s a good point. Our build up play is incredibly slow. Mendy almost never plays a quick throw out having intercepted a corner etc, and we don’t counter attack at pace. The flipside of course is that we have been very strong defensively (until recently) and part of that is being careful with possession, having the right shape, building attacks slowly but carefully etc. Its a thin line but I’d like to see a bit more of a balance towards getting the ball forward quickly at times. For a bit of variety if nothing else…
  11. Wolves 0 Chelsea 0

I can see 5 games out of the 10 already called off for this weekend - does anyone know what the criteria is for postponement? Assuming Havertz tests positive, I make that 6 players out with Covid (Lukaku, Chilwell, Kovacic, CHO, Werner and Kai)
  12. Chelsea 1 Everton 1

His subs actually made us worse though!! Saul as a false 9? Pulisic LWB? Take off two giants and concede from a set piece a few minutes later? Also, did you see Everton’s line up tonight? It was way worst than ours…
  13. Chelsea 1 Everton 1

It’s hard to be too annoyed tonight as it was pretty obvious we would struggle to score goals against an Everton team who would stick 10 men behind the ball. What I would say is that subs were awful. What was TT thinking bringing Saul on up top? Pulisic, Alonso, RLC, Ziyech etc just don’t Pose a big enough goal threat and that was our downfall. There’s been a fair bit of talk recently about recalling Gallagher and/or Gilmour in January, but the one we should be seriously considering is Broja.
  14. Chelsea 1 Everton 1

Line up is a worry. Arguably Everton’s team is worse proportionally, given the players they are missing, just not sure we’re going to be able to break them down 😔
  15. Chelsea 3 Leeds United 2

I’d go for something like this I think: Mendy AC. Silva. Rudiger James. Jorginho. Mount. CHO Havertz. Werner. Lukaku Timo and Rom both got goals in the week so why not try and build on that. Kai is also playing well at the moment and we could probably do with Mason’s workrate in midfield. I suspect TT will play Alonso at LWB, but CHO also has a chance at RWB if Jorginho isn’t fit and Reece plays CM.