Sleeping Dave

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Sleeping Dave

1. Media / Press

The times podcastwas pretty low on class as well. That mug Alyson Rudd is so annoying. What on earth is she doing there?
  2. Salomon Kalou

I don't get this topic. At all. Why do we feel the need to critisice a player to the degree some posters are doing on here? Sure, he is not world class (a term used way too often) but he sure is a very very good squad player. A squad of 25 players can't consist of 25 world clas splayers. Not even 20 where even 18 may be debateble in order to keep everyone happy. Kalou is letting us down sometimes in his decision making but he is an irrational player and that is why he so often surprises everyone and scores important goals. The guy is 24 and by the way things are going he sure seems to be making huge strides in his development. He finally has a manager who seem to believe him and I always felt that if Kalou could add some ruthlesness to his game he has the potential to become a superb player. He is also very dependent on confidence, which is needed in order to do the hard things. The lad is flying at the moment and really deserves to start against Pompey. Let's see what next season brings, if he continues to improve there is no reason why he should not be a starter next season. It's also sad to see that so many fans have put their own rep on the line and won't see any good things Kalou is doing. No one has ever said he is world class, we who defend him see him for what he is. And for that he is invaluable in my opinion. I think I happen to be one of the few on these boards who actually rate Kalou. Sure, he's not 20 anymore but he was never a talent in the mould of Aguero or Messi. I think he has a chance to become a Malouda or Drogba, I.e. bloom late in his career. So far he has scored 9, 9, 10 and 11 goals in his four years with us. An invaluable contribution to any team as a third choice player. Just look at ManU. They would have killed to have such a contribution coming off the bench. Last few months he has been simply awesome. Long may it continue and he should definately stay next season - no discussion.
  3. Didier Drogba

Regarding our end of season awards I have no complaints. Players of the Season: Í voted Malouda but ´have no complaints that Drogba won it. It would always be between Lamps, Drogs, Flo, Bane and Ash. Goal of the Season: I think I voted for the Drogba goal against Bolton (Deco chest, Lamps back-heel) but the one against Sunderland at home from Ash was pure class as well. Young player of the year: U-18. Seems to be our practise to give it to the whole team when we make the youth final. Individually I think the young player of the year should have been Bruma or McEachran. Players Player: Had expected Bane but have no complaints Malouda got it. Would have loved to be there. Did anyone go? After all the money I've splashed on Chelsea this season I couldn't justify another £120 or so the dinner costs.
  4. Didier Drogba

Yes, how Flo and Lamps are not in that team is ridiculous. Also, if the votes are cast in January, why is Milner in that team then? Can remember the year that Utd regain the title in 2007 and our back-to-backs. I think they had 9 players in that team of the year. In a season where we probably would have won it again would it not have been for our ridiculous injury problems. The only players from United that I'd put in our XI would be Rooney and possibly Valencia at RW. But none of their CMs would have a look-in at Chelsea. Well, there's little point. Everyone knows this team of the year shyte is bollocks. Lamps haven't been in it since 2006. That fact really says it all.
  5. New Kits

So you actually don't mind what colour Chelsea wears? Strange. Never met a fan with that attitude in flesh. So if we adopted a red home jersey you'd be overjoyed to see people being sent overboard?
  6. New Kits

Yes for me it does. What's next? A pink third kit?
  7. Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Everything about yesterday was great. Atmosphere, pre-drinks at the SO with singing, familiar faces everywhere which meant we could re-live our highes from the weekend and 10,000+ I the stands. Awesome! So chuffed for the lads. I've been to 4 of the games in the Youth cup this season and this was the best I've seen them. They completely outclassed Villa technically and playing wise it was a much wider gulf between the teams than the scoreline reveals. However, Villa were, much like their first team, very stern in defence and dangerous on the break. Just so glad Clifford got that second in the fashion he did because I'd be robbery if we lost. Some noteworthy performances from RB Billy Clifford, CB Jeffrey Bruma, CMs Connor Clifford and Kaby, RW Jacopo Sala while AM Josh McEachran was different class from everybody else. What a player. On a sidenote. It's quite clear that Bruma is taking onboard alot from Terry. Leadership and how he drives on the team. He will become a regular first team player at Chelsea - no doubt. Now we must focus on the Wigan game but it sure was a good start to the week! We sure do have a bunch of quality youngsters coming through. Many have the potential to succeed at the highest level but it is an entirely different matter alltogether if they actually go on to do it. But I'd be very surprised if Josh McEachran haven't featured atleast once for the first team in a proper game within two years. The lad is immense and I agree with Dermot, he is a player worth paying for to watch. What skills; his movement, intelligence and his passing. This exactly whay we need in the first team, this sort of player who can open up things from the middle with real flair. But surely it is much too soon as he needs to build up his physique in order to be able to compete fully. He is already together with Mitrovic and some other players from this team as well. Not every day but quite regularly if we understood Mitrovic correctly after the youth game against Cardiff two weekends ago.
  8. New Kits

After having seen the kit in the flesh at the Megastore all I can say is that I will definately not get it. Looked good in the tech fit version on the players but the clima cool is just cack. Plus, there is some ridiculous details on the shirt that makes no sense at all. The lizard tail on the back is useless and makes the shirt look like a cycling top again and the small rings on the collar is just pointless and tacky. Adidas haven't made us a good shirt since 06/07. Time for a change I think. Horrible horrible shirt. Much worse then the man boob shirt form this season. And it all looked so promising when first released... From what I have seen of the change kits it will be another year of shirts with no assiciation to former Chelsea kits and if it'll be any yellow in it it will be the electricity one. Someone said brown shirts, seriously I hope that is just fantasies. Who is it that decides these things at the club? Isn't it time for someone like Joey Cole and John Terry to step up and say enough is enough? I'll be getting an old school shirt this season instead. I second that. However, I could accept midnight blue/black as a third kit for variation. We also had a few of those way back. It really isn't rocket science and I have no idea what the club is on about. Sort it out Chelsea - NOW! We should start a petition or something and hand in to the club. This must stop.
  9. Didier Drogba

Ashley Cole, Malouda and Lampard must be wondering why they are not in it. 3(?) years in a row Evra has won it ahead of Cole. This year it is definately incorrect. Anyways, as someone said. Let's win the real prizes.
  10. New Kits

You know what, I kind of like it. Definately a big BIG improvement on this seasons shyte. Don't mind the red bits on the collar and love the fit. The sleeves looks quality as well - not to mention the socks. Simply awesome. Will definately get this one. If the away one with Kalou is the actual away shirt I'm disappointed. Looks horrible.
  11. New Kits

That's EXACTLY what I am talking about. Chelsea, take notice and learn. Some fans are clearly better suited to do this job than Adidas themselves.
  12. New Kits

I have no problem not buying the absolute shyte they're throwing at us. Haven't bought a kit since the 05/06 home shirt and won't do it either unless they are seriously stepping up. Can't for the world of it understand how they can come up with such crappy kits? It's not rocket science... Home shirt: Royal blue with white adidas stripes and perhaps some small yellow details, Away: Yellow with royal blue adidas stripes, 3rd: white with royal blue adidas stripes. Nice and simple, no flash designs. I could accept other colours for the away/3rd but only black/white or shades of midnight blue or grey. And that should all be for the 3rd kit. Away should always be either white or yellow. I know we've had some red ones during the late 70's and 80's but I hope those days are forever gone. As for the red in the home shirt I am a tad undecided. Definately prefer to have small amount of yellow details in it.
  13. Didier Drogba

Not having a pop at you mate but that is just rubbish. He's been top quality since day one.
  14. Media / Press

That article really made me laugh, even more so by reading some of the comments passed on by the readers.
  15. John Terry

Shocking stuff... Really. I'm shocked.
  16. Injury News

Really really bad news. Essien will take a couple of weeks longer to be fully recovered as well so I guess this will mean that we'll have to do without all the injured players in the return against Inter. Why do we always have such a bad luck with inuries?
  17. John Terry

After this WC I sincerely hope the two Coles, Lamps and Terry will retire from the national team. First, they are all coming to age (Terry 30, Cole 30, Lamps 32 and Joey 29) and further international careers will only shorten their Chelsea careers. Two, given the amount of shyte coming our way from England "fans" and the media it seems most would think it would be a good thing regardless. So a win-win for everyone involved. But if that would happen, I am sure our players would be heavily criticised in the media for retiring. We can't win. Regarding Chelsea or England it's easy for me. I'm Swedish so really don't care that much for England other than the fact that I would have loved to see Terry lift the WC trophy. Now that won't happen (at least not as the captain) so I couldn't care less. I'm Swedish and for obvious reasons don't have much time for our national side. I went to the Euros 2008 but that's more for fun with my Swedish mates and the atmosphere than for the football itself as we're **** (Sweden has tremendous support in big tournaments). Still got a better record than England over the last decade or so;)
  18. John Terry

Well, they won't be pleases until they have comletely destroyed the man... The vile ad hatred against Terry is appalling. He'll be duly booed off the park against Egypt. Be sure of that... Yet aother snide and ludicrous article... These speculations that the papers got it wrong... Well, if they did, don't you think Terry would have said so to Capello? Do you think Capello would have taken the armband from him if Terry said it was all lies? Definately no smoke without fire. And for Bridge to be so upset there must definately be soething that has gone on. Otherwise the persons involved (Bridge, Terry and Peroncell) must be retarded for not denying it atleast between the three of them and to Capello.
  19. Ashley Cole

Think a little mate. JT shagged a bird. Cole shagged a bird at the hotel where he players stayed BEFORE a game. BIG BIG difference. JT didn't break any club rules, Ash apparently did. That's the difference. To top it all off Ash apparently did NOT get punished by the club so the discussion is based on media bs anyways. Can we close this topic now?
  20. Media / Press

Yawn.
  21. Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Was my first reserve game yesterday and although there was some bright moments (Matic, Borini and Mellis) overall I was very disappointed in our performance. Sure, the pitch did not help one bit (one would thin it woud be better to play at Cobham then on this scrappy surface) but some of our players were clearly over their head. Ofori, Strickland, Gordon and Magnay looked shaky and very much liabilities in defense, and Philliskirk in midfield was largely disappoiting as well. Mellis and Matic ran things from the middle with Matic lasting the 90 mins and Mellis only being really bright for the first 45. Bridcutt in the anchorrole was strong in the challenge and set the flow from midfield. Kakuta's performance was very worrying and he had very few brght moments of the game. Perhaps the cold weather and the awful pitch put him off a bit but I really had expected so much more from him. Borini was very bright but he does lack a natural goalscoring ability. For all the chances, runs, flicks, crosses etc there really isn't much end-product. So far he feels lke a slightly better Di Santo but I doubt if he'll ever make it at Chelsea or the Premier League. He is very pacey but lacks some real strength and finishing ability. He'll need to work on that a lot. That being said I really like his pattern of movement and the runs he makes. But maybe I am being too pessimistic here... From the team yesterday and from the players normally associated with the reserves it really only is Borini, Kakuta, Mellis, Bruma & C Clifford with any sort of chance at making it at Chelsea. Then we have Mancienne, Van Aanholt, Bertrand, Stoch and Cork out on loan who may, or may not, make it. Out of these five I feel Cork, Van Aanholt and Stoch are the ones with the greatest chance but with slight reservation from haing seen Van Aanholt and Bertrand too little to really being able to judge them fully. In the youth team Josh MacEachran is the outstanding prospect but he'll need time to build up his body strength a bit but technically and tactically he is on a very high level already.
  22. John Terry

Perfect scenario: JT captains Chelsea to a PL, CL and FA cup titles in May only to tell Capello that he's too tired to play at the WC and that as he's no longer really valued there anyways (as it appears) he's sure they won't miss him much. England crashes out in the group stages with Ferdinand making his usual howlers and Gerrard running around as the head-less chicken he is. For a non-English bloke like me that would be as sweet as it could get. Pretty pretty please with sugar on top, is that too much to ask for?
  23. John Terry

This piece of garbage is absolutely disgusting. I'm sorry for all you English but I desperately wish for you to fail miserably in South Africa now. Something is really fundamentally wrong with England nowadays. Imagine if JT would lift BOTH the CL and Prem trophies come May? What sweet revenge that would be! Samuel and the Daily can go f'ck themselves together with most of the media in this country. Last time I ever buy a "news"paper on these shores again.
  24. John Terry

No, mark of a LEADER. Any silly tosser can be a Captain as demonstrated by Rio and Gerrard. Few can be true leaders. John Terry is the best England captain I can remember. He's the most natural leader I've seen on a football pitch. Says it all really that at 21-22 Chelsea fans were craving him to take over from Marcel Desailly - a seasoned pro who had been a world-class player for over a decade and also won the world cup. I got to hand it to him, I'd told Capello to feck off but I'm sure he knows that as soon as there is a new England manager he'll get his armband back. Stuart Pearce said it all really.
  25. Media / Press

Well, imagne the headlines when we WILL sing that against Man C at home if Bridge starts at left back?