Sleeping Dave

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Sleeping Dave

1. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

The Lukaku decision was ludicrous. No way was he offside and how Keita managed to stay on beggars belief. That’s as clear a red you’ll ever see.
  2. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

We played well and on balance we were clearly the better team in extra time. The sitters Pulisic and Mount (twice) missed really came back to haunt us. Kepa was an utter shambles in the penalty shootout and his penalty was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Hopefully this was the last time we will see him in such a circumstance. Mendy was playing a blinder, disastrous decision to take him off.
  3. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

“And finally Liverpool lead”. I suppose he doesn’t even try to hide who he supports.
  4. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

Ouch, the Scousers came down to London a bit earlier than anticipated I suppose! On a more serious matter, hope you guys manage to put this behind you. I had a burglary in my car a few years back and I never quite felt the same sitting behind that wheel again. Can only imagine how it feels when it’s your actual home!
  5. Chelsea 2 Lille 0

1. Yes, I agree that Abraham was forced out of the club by TT. Instead we are now stuck with a £100m donkey on £375k/week. I'd say it's pretty safe to say we ****ed that one up big time 2. It's clear he saw no future here. If the club can't offer a player like Livramento a future at the club he grew up, then what are we doing? 3. See above. Bingo. Livramento, Guehi and Lamptey are all young players who are regulars in the PL and who play very well. All three could easily be players with serious minutes for us this season. Abraham is better than Lukaku imo. Better goalscorer, loves the club, he can actually press (even though it seems TTs argument for benching him was his bad press only to sign a striker who's a lot worse when it comes to that). Is he permanently banned? Seems he is lurking on here so for that to be possible the ban must have been lifted. I think it usually takes some pretty darn crazy outburst to be permanently banned.
  6. Chelsea 2 Lille 0

Pure speculation, unless you think that Abraham prefers Roma over us or Livramento prefers Soton.
  7. Chelsea 2 Lille 0

Btw, what's up with Droy? Did someone start a discussion about Putin and got him banned? ;)
  8. Chelsea 2 Lille 0

Oh great, thanks for reminding me just how stupid the club was this summer. It didn't just sell off two players good enough for the PL, it was 4. Even worse!
  9. Chelsea 2 Lille 0

Yes, just like last season where we looked a lot better going forward. Not a problem at all. TT will most likely bench Lukaku for a while now. Absolutely. Havertz actually has an ability to control the ball and drive it forward without tripping over his own legs. He is also quite decent at pressing, something Lukaku has never been too bothered about. Nothing? We paid £100m and financed that by letting go of two youngsters who actually has the potential to become what Lukaku think he already has achieved. By the way, Abraham 40m EUR and Tomori 29m EUR does not equal 100m GBP...
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Ah of course, how did I miss that?
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

Personally, I think we are quite some distance away from being genuine challengers. Everybody thought we were a lot closer around May last year but this year has proven that the depth or quality isn't quite what we had hoped for. I agree with a lot of what you say Mark, for me we can probably count on the following for next year; GK: Mendy, Bettinelli FB: James, Chilwell CB: Chalobah CM: Jorginho, Kanté, Kovacic AM: Mount S: Lukaku, Havertz Literally everyone else has question marks around their future with us. Let's hope the club manages to tie down Silva and Azpi on one-year extensions and Rüdiger on a long-term deal. I do not foresee the club selling either of Jorginho/Kanté (I disagree with that) but I do think that we will dispose of at least one out of Werner/CHO/Pulisic. Lukaku is unsellable so we are stuck with him unfortunately. I'd have liked the following; GK: Mendy, GK2, Bettinelli RB: James, Azpilicueta LB: Chilwell, LB2 CB: CB1, Rüdiger, Silva, Chalobah, Sarr CM: CM1, Kanté, Kovacic, Gallagher AM: AM1, Mount, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi, Werner S: Lukaku, Havertz, Broja That's five new players where CB1, CM1 and AM1 need to be three stellar signings that instantly improves us and our first XI.
  12. Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

£100m and £300k/week. Madness. Yet again we are a laughing stock when it comes to buying strikers. No clue.
  13. Chelsea 2 Palmeiras 1

I think this is a common theme for us, the attacking play becomes more and more disjointed the longer a manager stays. The only difference with Tuchel is that we always sort of struggled going forward but had an insane defensive platform that bailed us out. I don’t know why it is like this, or if it’s just me.
  14. Tammy Abraham

Obviously he left because Tuchel froze him out. He was not going to get any minutes by Tuchel whatsoever. That does NOT mean he left Chelsea because he wanted to be first choice. So no, absolutely not a fact I’m afraid and yes, just a weak theory on your part. I don’t believe he wanted to leave and firmly think he’d had settled for a squad role. He certainly is good enough.
  15. I think you are right. I’d go a step further saying he’s very Belgian. That generation really have an air of extreme self-importance and complete lack of self-awareness. Hazard and De Bruyne could get away with it. Lukaku, Courtois, Verthongen not so much. I honestly think that’s an “offence” he needs to be reprimanded for. The club should demand he closes down all his social accounts and not allowed to make any unauthorised interviews. Oh and force him into the gym with light weights and lots of HIIT. The lad is fat.
  16. Tammy Abraham

No. But then again I don’t make up things to rationalise why we froze him out and eventually forced him out. There’s nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest your theory is correct. In fact, I think there are quite a few arguments that supports the opposite.
  17. Tammy Abraham

We can only speculate whether he would have been happy with that or not. Obviously most players wants to play all the time. But Tammy was a Chelsea boy and I doubt he’d have kicked up a fuss if he was a rotating option up front. Just look at how the kid celebrated all our success last season despite barely playing. Didn’t come across as someone who sulked.
  18. Tammy Abraham

So if you are not good enough to be first choice striker now you should be sold??? Where does that leave Lukaku, Werner and Havertz? Not to mention Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic and Ziyech. Only a handful of our players can be viewed as stellar first choice options. It's a squad game so the interesting question is not whether Tammy was good enough now to be first choice, but rather if he was good enough to be one of our three strikers. That question he had already answered as far as I'm concerned.
  19. Tammy Abraham

Clearly no? Pleas explain. Also, Tammy was good enough to be a player with serious minutes. That much is bleeding obvious. In 19/20 and 20/21 he scored a goal every 150 mins in the PL. If that isn’t good enough to be one of our three attackers than none of the current options qualify.
  20. Tammy Abraham

Only that Tammy Abraham looked a lot less like a donkey and didn’t cost the club £100m and god knows how many hundred thousands per week. I think the argument people are making is; 1. Would we have been any worse off having kept Tammy and rotated Havertz/Abraham/Werner up front? 2. Has Lukaku made any sort of positive difference to our season? 3. Were there people who questioned the signing of Lukaku and laughed at the proposition we were signing a world class striker? The answers are No, No and Yes. Another Kepa signing only this time we actually knew what we were buying.
  21. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

It sure is. It’s not even up for debate at this stage. I’m also absolutely shocked some people are still taking their third jab. Especially if you have been infected by COVID-19 already. Mind blowing stuff.
  22. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

Absolute farce. The vaccine does sweet **** all to hinder the spread of the decease (obviously) anyway so if an individual refuses the vaccine it can only affect the person in question.
  23. Al Hilal SFC 0 Chelsea 1

wouldn’t it be so ****ing Chelsea to manage to lose the Club World Cup twice in 10 years?
  24. Tammy Abraham

We will buy back Tammy for twice what we sold him. I'm almost sure of it.
  25. Transfer Talk Topic

It would just be hilarious if Man U spunked £150m on Rice. Please let it happen!