Sir

Root Admin
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Sir

1. Transfer Talk Topic

Hoping we can get Havertz done soon!
  2. Anyone have a good insight about him? Is he better on the wing or as an out and out striker?
  3. Really looking forward to the Arsenal interview.. I’ll take a good guess: ‘I’m really pleased to be joining a big club like Arsenal. Once I knew the interest from them and I spoke to the manager I was even more convinced to join them and this exciting project. I want to help Arsenal win some titles and get them back in Champions League football. I had a wonderful time at Chelsea and I’m looking forward to starting this new chapter in my career’ So what have I missed? :)
  4. It seems likely now Willian will move to Arsenal.. and I’m assuming there’s also the Cech factor here (the alleged doesn’t want to leave London for family reasons) which I mean is something that is fair enough, although one of our long servants leaving to join them always leaves me with a bitter taste. I like Willi, I think he’s a fantastically gifted footballer and his stages are what they are. He isn’t a Ronaldo or a Messi, not every player can be. I think his stats are respectable and are reflected with his talent and ability, although I wish and believe he should of had a few more goals in him and that he was a little more decisive like Hazard was, but just because he isn’t doesn’t mean he wasn’t/isn’t good. I’d be happy for him to stay another two years, I still think he can keep adding to what he does now and he’s a very good player to have in the squad. But if he’s gonna go he’s gonna go I guess.
  5. Will e stay Will e go? The actual Willian topic for some reason won’t allow replies because it has been archived. No idea why.
  6. He’s rubbish. Ok a little tongue in cheek, but I don’t particularly rate him. The way he was lauded in the media it was like he was the next Messi. It was absolutely farcical. Did absolutely nothing to warrant such speculation and if the reported contract and wages are correct or even anywhere near correct then he did the club like a kipper, and whoever was foolish enough to arrange that contract has a screw loose.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

Has Willian signed a contract extension or have I missed that? (Entirely possible I have) Gab Marcotti seemed pretty certain in himself that Willian has signed a new one? year deal..
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/31/lamptey-signs-for-brighton?cardIndex=0-2 Yup.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/31/clinton-mola-joins-stuttgart
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Oh it’s all very exciting!
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

I think I’m starting to face the reality that we won’t be signing anyone.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

RE Giroud.. personally, I think he’s a fantastic striker and has been seriously underused by Lampard. Be that as it may, and assuming the rumours are true that he does want to leave for first team football, then, why would he go to Inter? He’s hardly going to play a lot there, albeit probably a little more than here where for some reason Lampard doesn’t give him any game time at all. It’s a real pity because I think Giroud is class and he is what he is. He isn’t a 25/30 goal a season striker and we know that, but I still think he’s a superb footballer. Hope he stays but don’t blame him at all if he doesn’t. And god knows what Bats must be thinking. Hardly gets minutes on the pitch. If I was him I’d try and secure a way out of Chelsea and sign for a club where he’ll get a lot of minutes because I do actually think he’ll bag a fair few goals for some team. He’s not as bad a footballer as some make out.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Looks like Moses is heading to Inter.
  14. Khobar's Legacy

Quiet in here... Does anyone remember at the start of 05/06 season when Chelsea were going about their way ‘ruining’ football and ‘dominating football for years to come’ there was a charity campaign or something in one of the red tops for Chelsea to be beaten or when we would be beaten after an unbeaten start of perhaps 4/5 games.. don’t see much of this regarding Liverpool, do we? Nothing about them ‘ruining’ football or having red top campaigns about them being beaten in a football match, especially how given how we ‘ruined’ football in 05/06 because we dared not lose a few games at the start of the season, kind of summed up by that great Martin Tyler with his ‘OH NO!!!............ for Wigan!’ which still gets my goat. And, this is completely even ignoring Manchester City ‘ruining’ football with their dominance.. it’s a tad ironic, I think (no bias) RA coming in to Chelsea was actually the best thing to happen for this league. Or would it be better just to have Arsenal and Manchester United as per what was custom. Where as now, look at how and what the PL is. This isn’t to discredit Liverpool particularly, or to not think of the obvious media bias etc it’s just of course a little frustrating at the hypocrisy of it all? I still think by and large how we were portrayed in the media particularly around 05/06 and especially with what Man City have done as still unfair. Did Man City get enough abuse for ‘ruining’ and ‘dominating’ football? Or how much money they have spent? Or how they ruined their already good academy and spent spent spent whereas (and day what you like) heavily invested in youth rather than ruining the good that City has already done by spending and spending and spending and ‘buying the league’ which of course we did and they never did, did they, and of course which Liverpool haven’t done at all.
  15. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team So not in the squad or?
  16. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

Oh! Well, it was on the Chelsea site. So has he gone then?
  17. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

Van Ginkel! Well I never. I look at the squad and think... I don’t know what to think.
  18. Official: David Luiz Departs For Arsenal

Bit of a blow, isn’t it? I was of the opinion we need depth not lose it, especially with his experience and being of captain type.. can’t really see the club of wanting this happen or am I wrong? How many CB’s do we have? I guess with Zouma you have to hope nothing major happens to him.
  19. Transfer Talk Topic

I don’t see a problem with what he’s said. (If)
  20. How’s he looked? Haven’t seen any of pre-season. Wonder how those shirt sales are doing/will do.
  21. Personally, I think it’s an awful decision. I’d be embarrassed to take the job if I was Frank. Really, really speechless (although we knew it was coming) but yeah, speechless. An utterly moronic decision that I can’t quite understand. As said previously, if his name wasn’t Lampard and we was linked with him, how many would be on board? But no, his surname is Lampard so seemingly everyone is happy. Going to be a disastrous decision and I’m pretty sure he’ll be totally out of his depth. Don’t always know how to quantify who ‘deserves’ this job, but he certainly doesn’t. Farcical. Disappointed. Angry.
  22. All well and good as long as you get the results. It’s a results business. Loftus is up for it, but I still have doubts over Odoi and Abraham at this level. Youth have to be good enough. No youth in a long time got such opportunities like Loftus and Odoi did, and that was down to Sarri. We did fantastic to get in the CL, so we’re just gonna waste it next season and start all over, then. Can’t be doing with sentiment.
  23. If Lampard had no Chelsea affiliation, and we were being linked with him as we are, would we genuinely really be an advocate of him for the position? Really? It would an utterly ridiculous appointment. I can’t imagine anyone putting his name forward for the Chelsea job had he not have that surname. He doesn’t warrant this job, perhaps one day, but certainly not now. It’s just far too soon.
  24. Think I’d rather Benitez than Lampard. Yeah, I said it.. but really, Lampard is a no no. What’s he done managerial wise to warrant such a position? It’s utterly nonsensical. Looks like we can’t get Simeone, so I’m still unsure who fits.
  25. Transfer Talk Topic

We are still banned from signing are we not? I’ll assume this will be the case until we hear otherwise. As far as I can tell nothing has changed.