Sir

Root Admin
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Sir

1. Transfer Talk Topic

Assuming Odoi isn’t going to sign a new deal, then hopefully we will get shot of him ASAP to get the most amount we can.
  2. Official: Cesc Fabregas Departs For Monaco

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/1/12/fabregas-sends-farewell-message-to-chelsea-fans And official confirmation on TOCFCWS, of course.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

Anyone remember when we were linked to Higuain when he was at River? Wonder how many goals he would of got for us assuming he did sign back then...
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

Would of liked Cesc to of stayed on for another season really. It’s a shame but I can understand it from his point of view I guess.
  5. Why are some seemingly so harsh on Pedro and Willian? I mean when you look at the transfer fees for them both I think they’ve both proven to be pretty good purchases for the club since they have both been here? Not every player is going to be smashing them in at the rate of Messi or Ronaldo. Sure, we’d like them to produce more, or, have better quality and consistent players in those positions, but that’s easier said than done. And when these two players are injured, do we have the utmost in similar quality to come in and replace them in their positions? Not particularly. And anyway, looks like the club is looking to the future anyway in regards to these positions. Still thinking finding a top quality striker or two is what we ought to be focussing on, but again, easier said than done.
  6. Haven’t seen him play much, but a talent that’s for sure. Just goes to show how ridiculous the market is when we pay just under 60 million? for someone who’s contract expires at the end of the season... I wonder if the loan of Bats helped in the negotiation as well. Fantastic step in the right direction, though, it really is. Obviously, again, not sure what this will mean for Hazard but I imagine only the very few know this answer. By the sounds of it Pulisic has huge potential, and he will be massive as well for marketing etc being the poster boy of US football and with the Chelsea brand out there. Many have highlighted some injury concerns/not making the Dortmund team because of other talents? Perhaps some on here can opine more on that. Did he lose his place to others because of injury or? Anyway, sounds like a fantastic signing for the future of the club and someone with huge potential on and off the pitch.
  7. Thoughts on Kepa so far? Never get to watch Chelsea unfortunately, but I did catch the second half yesterday. A couple of times some terrible, terrible passes putting the defence right up shit street, one in particular around the 90 minutes where we should of been punished for it. And with the general concesus, he can seem to be really worrying at times. Again to reiterate I haven’t seen much of Chelsea this season or him, so how is he doing? Not sure there’s much point mentioning the overinflated price he cost us etc although I think in reality he’s probably worth about half of what we paid I suppose.
  8. https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/8/14/bakayoko-heads-to-milan Confirmed he’s joining Milan on loan. Something still quite strange about how we loan AC Milan our players.. Anyway I hope he does well. Despite how shocking he looked for us a lot of the time, I still think he’s got a lot of talent, ability and potential. Hope he shows it at Milan.
  9. https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/8/10/spanish-loan-for-batshuayi Joined Valencia on a seasons long loan. Makes sense.. Abraham who is no where near good enough at this level. Giroud who scores and doesn’t score. And Morata who is Morata.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

I’m still concerned about goals *laughs* and our strikers...
  11. We were linked with Assmann for a while also.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

Thought Hazard would be gone this summer. Still, possibly one or two to leave on loan? Maybe even three? Again as I’ve said, goals worry me a lot. Or, Morata simply not finishing chances.
  13. Kepa 1.86 Courtois 1.99 Cech 1.96 (for what it’s worth) Casillas 1.85 (he wasn’t too bad)
  14. 6’2 I think? What was Thibaut? Must of been around 6’5 or something? I’m not an expert, and it would seem too obvious to say ‘the talker the better’ when there are so many caveats RE atributes of size, reaction; and whatever else in the goalkeeping realms, but, Thibaut did look huge in the sticks, and I’d rather having a taller goalkeeper than a smaller one, yet, agility and all that? Again, not an expert so I have no idea, but as statesman Thibaut certainly was a unit in goal, and obviously ‘better’ at catching from crosses and corners due to height, but I don’t know if ‘smaller’ keepers practice punching the ball away more rather than catching to make up for height differences etc How good is Kepa, though? Anyone got any real insight on him?
  15. ‘How did he Kepa that one out!’ Well I hope we hear some of that this season anyway..
  16. Transfer Talk Topic

Still hugely concerned about goals. Would love an attacking goal getting winger to come in as another option, but I can’t see it. Completely gambling on Morata this season, so I guess it’s up to him now.
  17. Transfer Talk Topic

Would be sheer lunacy to let Bats leave. Not even counting Abraham as a striker here, he has no chance. Morata and Giroud as our two strikers. Great.
  18. Transfer Talk Topic

Chelsea like to make a mess of things don’t they. Spend all that money on Baka, then potentially loan him out after one season. Sure he was god awful, but I felt this season he would improve. The way we do business sometimes.. really leaves the mind boggled. The amount being paid for Kepa is a pretty ridiculous amount. Wish we could spend this kind of money on someone who’s gonna score some goals for us, though. How much have Bilbao made on Laporte and Kepa, around 130 million? They must be laughing.
  19. Transfer Talk Topic

How good is he anyway? Haven’t seen a thing from him.
  20. Transfer Talk Topic

If Courtois does go, I’ll be pretty gutted to be honest. Still think he’s absolutely world class. And it sucks also for the reason that the club scouts the best talents, we found one in Courtois, loan him out to Madrid to get him more experience, which turns out is the place he wants to go back to rather than where he should be and that’s with us! Bummer.
  21. Transfer Talk Topic

There’s so much irony regarding Courtois and his time at Chelsea.. (assuming he goes)
  22. Transfer Talk Topic

I still worry about goals in this side.. Assuming Hazard stays, what if we lose him for a considerable amount of time with injury? We rely on Willian and Pedro? We can’t rely on Morata, we don’t know what will happen with Bats, and our midfielders score seldom.. creating is one thing, scoring is another, and a consistent scorer is something all different. I mean I’m not being funny, but have a look at our squad, it doesn’t shout goals does it? Perhaps we will need to rely on Alonso...... Easy to say, but City, for example, have goals all over the damn place. To say we don’t is a absolute understatement.
  23. Transfer Talk Topic

Squad wise, we just haven’t done anything near enough. And I’m talking for a top four finish, not even beginning to enter the thoughts of a title challenge. As for Courtois, it’s all bitterly disappointing. Don’t know what the club should do really. But yeah, it’s just too same old same old squad wise. Morays situation speaks for itself. Just feel we needed a couple of winger/attacking midfield options, take the burden away from Hazard a little bit (assuming he stays) - just feel we need some more options.