Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

4,794 profile views
  1. Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

If only the club was looking for someone to provide back-up to Reece James
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Not doing enough to prevent Rüdiger, Christensen, Tomori, Guehi and now possibly Colwill from all leaving the club in just over 12 months is a criminal waste of talent and money.
  3. Squad Status: 2022/23 Season

You don't think our midfield is a problem? I think we're stuck playing the system we do because of the limitations of our midfield, which makes us over-reliant on the WBs for getting the ball into the final third.
  4. Squad Status: 2022/23 Season

I think we need to decide who the back-up RWB is going to be, either an existing player from the squad, an academy player or a cheapish signing. We're wasting attacking players using them there. Agreed that 1-2 signings more is the best we can hope for. The midfield needs major work but that may have to wait until next summer by when decisions should have been taken on the futures of Jorginho and Kanté.
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

I guess that Sharman-Lowe is the most likely GK to step-up this season, but would anyone be comfortable with Bettinelli as no.2? If Kepa really does leave I think we'll look for a cheap/free/loan signing. Although I wouldn't let Kepa leave on loan - no more doing favours. Plus he could genuinely fight for the no.1 shirt if Mendy doesn't improve.
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Barkley and Emerson are very similar for me - have the technical and physical traits to be top level players but their game awareness and intelligence are far below what they need to be.
  7. Udinese 1 Chelsea 3

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-squad-for-udinese-game Some progress! No Bats and Barkley in the squad, but Kenedy still survives. Given the order of the names it seems clear that Sterling will be no.15 and Koulibaly no.26 (no pressure there).
  8. Udinese 1 Chelsea 3

Please no Barkley, Batshuayi or Kenedy.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

I think 3-4-3 is so reliant on the wingbacks and means we lack anything through the middle - the CMs really struggle to get the ball to the front line with any sort of quality, so every move has to go via the WBs. This is why I'd like to see 4-3-3. Of course Tuchel is the expert and I'm not, this is just a forum on the Internet before anyone complains.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

I would still like a proper holding midfielder to allow us to play 433 - but as it looks like Jorginho is staying I guess this will be on hold.
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

We're doing better than we were but not as well as we could be! Also, a lot of our academy players are no longer really young - see the stat about how many teams had no teenagers play PL minutes last season. I'm at least happy that Colwill has been kept on the tour - you can see the argument why some young players weren't going to get many minutes in the remaining US tour matches.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

+ Nathaniel Chalobah
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Not better to give him a chance as a squad option after two decent loans? Give him 15-20 appearances and see how he does. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

A player not going on to be a hit at a lower level club does not mean that they would not have been a hit with Chelsea. The idea that good players always come through regardless pays no attention to the importance of development and pathways - following that thinking you might as well not bother with academies because you'll get good players whatever, even if they just train on parks with jumpers for goalposts until they're 18.
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

Gilmour could have played ahead of Barkley, Vale could have played ahead of Batshuayi. If you're taking squad fillers with you because you have a few injuries it's better to take young players that could still be useful to the club in the future, rather than ones that will never be useful to the club and we've been trying desperately to get rid of for at least 3 years. I don't think it's right to keep young players around as training cones for a whole season, but taking them on a pre-season tour is worthwhile even if they don't play.