Karan

Senior Moderators
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Karan

1. Josh Mc Eachran

True. Even though I may dispute your comment that he's 'unlikely he'll be as good for us as Frank'. Its too early to tell. Frankly, its even a question that should be asked right now, especially in Lampard's absence - Is there a need to tweak the system so as to not feel his absence? The answer is yes. Against Villa it was pretty obvious that neither Essien or Ramires have the same instinct to a)influence the attack from midfield & b)make those late runs as cleverly as Lampard does. This is and always has been an issue even in seasons when we've played the likes of Makelele-Essien-Mikel in midfield. Ballack's presence would compensate adequately for Lampard's absence (even if many won't admit it). But he's not there (along with Yossi's absence) so our options are different. FWIW, McEachran is still in my view along way of being a midfield general like Lampard - and rightly so given he's only 17. He's got the talent and against Newcastle showed he's good enough to demand and take responsibility. I still think he'll need to be played in more positions across the midfield in a bid to give him a more wider or all round view of the game as such. Perhaps stints (as in England's U17s) on the left/right of a midfield 4/attacking 3 will continue to benefit him as it has done to other midfielders with a similar style/ability.
  2. Non Chelsea: Premier League

Hodgson and his apologists in the media are making the biggest excuses.
  3. Gael Kakuta

Interesting comment on Kakuta by Ancelotti (aside from the fact that he's starting tomorrow) on his contract situation - to summarize (not exact quotes): "He is an important player. In my opinion he has to stay. But I'm not interested in this (contract issues). No one is indispensible."
  4. Non Chelsea: Premier League

Wouldn't the simple issue of RBS putting Liverpool into administration as early as tomorrow, be a hindrance to Hicks' TRO in Texas? RBS putting Liverpool into administration would harm the value of the club and would mean that H&G wouldn't be involved in the process after that anyway. Seems as if H&G are more desperate in not selling to NESV, and try and force their hand with other borrowers who'll given them more than can actually get from this saga. And to think of all the fanfare those two came in at Liverpool, the fans delight, and the at times cringeworthy televised singing of that anthem by those owners along with the fans. EDIT: Seems as if the club cannot be put into administration according to the TRO.
  5. Injury News

That game was on a Saturday, 17th October 2009. This game will be on a Saturday, 16th October 2010. Exactly one long frustrating year.
  6. Gael Kakuta

ChelseaFC.com: The Thursday Interview - Gael Kakuta
  7. Injury News

Also: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2169645,00.html
  8. Injury News

Blues News Headlines on the official site says that 'there is no new injury news following last night's match'. So I assume he's likely to be fine for Sunday.
  9. Salomon Kalou

Thats only relevant if he's on the pitch and actually scores. IIRC, the stat is that, we've not lost a single one of those 24 PL games in which Kalou has scored for Chelsea.
  10. Non Chelsea: Premier League

I'd like to say that Arsenal & ManU blew it.
  11. Salomon Kalou

What yesterday didn't tell you obviously is that Sturridge in his second season at Chelsea while Kalou is now in his 5th season at Chelsea. What yesterday didn't tell you, and which is relevant, is that prior to coming to Chelsea, Kalou had two full seasons at Feyenoord while Sturridge had limited appearances for Citeh. Experience levels at times matter. What yesterday also didn't tell you, but again is relevant, is that a majority of Kalou's performances in his first season were similar to that of Sturridge's yesterday*. The point being that Kalou would have to compete with Shevchenko to partner Drogba in 06/07 when the Diamond formation was in play. Kalou ended up with 50+ appearances that season, when there weren't many good options for JM to rotate with (either through form or fitness). While it should be noted that Sturridge has Anelka, Drogba, Malouda and Kalou ahead of him in the pecking order. *In fact you could say the same for a majority of his 4+ seasons at Chelsea. I'd argue that the good performances are few and far between and perhaps in fits and bursts. Eg: Last season he only scored his first PL goal as late as April, and went on a great scoring run in the last few games of the season, coincidentally his best run of form, and the run of form that IMO pushed him ahead of J.Cole in the pecking order. Kalou, as you predictably will respond, is a 10+ goals a season striker with his fair share of assists. For a striker who's comfortably over the last 4+ seasons at Chelsea been the 3rd choice striker he's not had much competition but has responded. Question is whether he can do better, which no one seems to want to answer on here. Perhaps a bit of perspective is needed with regards to Sturridge. For whenever he's been on the pitch he's never gone hiding, including yesterday. His performance as a sub against ManU, was excellent, and is a kind of burst of form (or performance) that has seen Kalou do well for the team. Sturridge has the opportunity now because of the absence of Kalou to take up some of the slack. Hopefully he does because it'll mean more potency in our options up front and a possibility to spread the workload in attack. And I echo the sentiments - Get well soon Sala!
  12. Media / Press

West Ham United - Yes. Manchester United - No.
  13. Non Chelsea: Champions League

Enormous is the right word and we've already discussed it. I'm confused as to why Fergie even made 10 changes to his lineup. Their game against Liverpool is on Sunday, at home. This game was on a Tuesday, at home - 4 days is enough for even half of their regular starting lineup to recover properly. It'd have made sense if their game was in Turkey (as they will go there), but for Rangers at home? Horrible break for Valencia though.
  14. Gael Kakuta

Juni mentioned this on his twitter (chelseayouth): http://thechels.net/2010/09/new-deal-close-for-kakuta/
  15. Media / Press

Martin Samuel is as close as one will get to seeing a pro-Chelsea stance in the media.
  16. Salomon Kalou

Technique, first touch, movement, vision, a clever player in transitions, and a good option to have for a passing team - and as pointed above his assists are staggeringly high. But I'm guessing, on reading again, that perhaps you're implying that. :)
  17. Salomon Kalou

If I'm not mistaken, I've read that Ozil had 33 assists for both club & country in the last season, over a course of 53 games.
  18. Injury News

He returned to full first team training before the Stoke game, so I'm guessing that he will now be included in the match day squads for the next few games. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench at Upton Park.
  19. Media / Press

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1309568/MARTIN-SAMUEL-No-likes-Ashley-Cole-admit-he's-good.html That was written in the build up to last night's game, by Martin Samuel - some positive press on A.Cole (atleast).
  20. Saw the France Belarus game and to be honest I'll say France did alot of good stuff in that game - didn't deserve the loss but if you don't take your chances you're asking for trouble. Malouda was an influential player for 70 minutes but even after that always got into good attacking positions. Hoarau was a good target man but Saha's injury and withdrawal (he had only come on as a sub) was a big blow. Gameiro had an excellent chance at the end. M'Vila is quite good. Very impressed with him. Menez was very frustrating to watch. Good news for France is that they have the likes of Evra, Ribery, Benzema, Nasri, Toulalan, Ben Arfa, & Gourcuff to come in. Those players will make a difference.
  21. Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni, Just read your twitter and with regards to Delac becoming a homegrown player - as far as I understand even if he did join next season (2011/12, age 19), he'll still become a homegrown player by 2013/14 (season in which he turns 21). From the PL:
  22. Injury News

So that makes it Lampard, Terry, Essien & Drogba not playing during this international break - Drogba hasn't been named in the Cote D'Ivoire squad for the game against Rwanda. Added to those 4 is Anelka, who is still laughing off his ban. Bosingwa could be ready in 2 weeks to play. Not bad. Reduces the burden on a small squad.
  23. Injury News

^ http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138085,00.html Says here he should be back training in 7 days. Good time for Lamps to have a break off England and be ready for West Ham.
  24. Injury News

Lampard to have hernia surgery in midweek and will miss England's games.
  25. Non Chelsea: Champions League

I'm predicting our group to be: Chelsea Marseille Ajax Partizan Belgrade