Original 21

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Original 21

1. Transfer Talk Topic

To lose both Rudiger and Christensen on free transfers is negligent. Something seriously went wrong there. Especially after letting so many young defenders leave. I think we’ll need two replacements. Jorginho is the most likely midfielder to go as he has expressed a desire to return to Italy. I think we’ll test West Ham’s resolve for Rice and we might still be in for Tchouameni, although we should probably have done that deal last Summer. I think we’ll see Broja, Colvill and Gallagher come in from loan deals. Not sure what Azpi’s status is. He has the advantage of being able to play right back and in the centre, so he’d be a big miss. Biggest problem is finding a new forward. Lukaku has been a disaster. But I don’t see Broja as ready to be anything other than an occasional starter. Will he supplant Werner and Pulisic in the pecking order? As for the centre forward, we will need to get it right this time. We will take a massive hit on Lukaku but sometimes you just need to cut your losses and move on. I think that’s four or five new players plus the loan returnees. I can see us letting Jorginho, Ziyech, Lukaku go as they at least will command some fee. Not sure about Werner or whether he’ll ever be the player we thought we were getting.
  2. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Also, their two best players were Matic and Mata. Which was a bit strange.
  3. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Number of excellent balls into the opposition box from Reece James last night that somehow failed to find a Chelsea player was just ridiculous. They were practically queuing up to miss every cross. How do we do that?
  4. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

We could spend the summer buying two centre backs, a midfielder and wing back cover, but if we go into next season without a top class striker we might as well not bother. That game was the perfect illustration of what we’re missing.
  5. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Should’ve won that. Played well, had lots of the ball and created chances. James was outstanding. But our finishing, Alonso apart, was miserable. Dreadful goal to give away as well. But until we sign a top striker were not going to get to the level we want to be at.
  6. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Well that didn’t last long. Really poor stuff.
  7. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Alonso knows how to finish!
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

Why would the current sanctions placed on the club force Rudiger to sign for Real Madrid? Presumably any offer made to Rudiger would be honoured by the new owners. Or have I missed something?
  9. Chelsea 1 West Ham 0

Crucial three points especially after the loss to Arsenal. Looked like we blew it with the late penalty miss. But we kept going and credit to Alonso (I think) who put in a great ball into the box for Pulisic. We just about deserved it. A bit of a nervy game, a lot of uncertainty around the club, and we struggled for any momentum. But we got the three points. And that’s all that matters.
  10. Chelsea 1 West Ham 0

Not managed a single shot of note. Pretty dire. Too slow in our build up, trying to pass our way through then run up against a brick wall. Might be worth giving Pulisic a run at their defence.
  11. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Going to be quite a clear out this summer with Azpi, Christensen, Lukaku, Kante, Jorginho, all leaving according to some reports. I hope our new owners have got deep pockets. Blimey.
  12. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Tuchel should just start his best side until the end of the season. It’s not that difficult. And his best side does not include Loftus Cheek, Lukaku, Christensen, Sarr, and Azpi as wing back in a formation that makes no sense to anyone. There is no way a side that includes Rudiger, Silva, Jorginho, Havertz and James at wing back would concede four goals against Arsenal. Last night was footballing suicide. We might as well have just handed the points to Arsenal before the game, gone home, and spared ourselves the embarrassment.
  13. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Maybe Tuchel thinks we're still in the Champions League and he needs to rest players. Someone have a word, please.
  14. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

There aren't too many performances that still have me fuming two hours after the game ends. But that was one of them. I think I now know how Abramovich felt when he was pissed off with a manager. Boy. That was truly bad.
  15. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

I wonder if he’s being objective about the players he selected. No one in their right mind would start with that team in a London derby against Arsenal. His formation, selection and tactics were a disaster. What did he think was going to happen with a back three of Sarr, Christensen and James with Azpi as wing back, Kante and Loftus Cheek in midfield and Lukaku upfront? Seriously? It’s not rocket science.
  16. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Thing is we shouldn’t be having to bounce back every other game. It just drains the players’ confidence and disrupts our momentum. Why are we having to scrap for a top three place anyway? Play our strongest team then seal top three asap. Then rest the players for the Cup final. This way we’re going to go on fighting till the end and probably lose the final to Liverpool. It’s just really poor management. I’m surprised at Tuchel. Thought he was a lot more astute than this.
  17. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

It’s getting to be a habit. Just pick your best side. What’s he thinking? Saving the players for the FA cup final? Sod that. We’re shipping goals against really poor sides. These performances are embarrassing and unnecessary. Sick of it. Tuchel needs to get his act together.
  18. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

So Tuchel plays several squad players because players are tired and the team look even more tired. What a bloody joke. Why does Tuchel keep doing this? Sarr, Loftus Cheek, Lukaku and Christensen should not be on the pitch at the same time together. It’s just asking for trouble. Just play your best side with one or two changes. Not rip out the heart of the team. It makes no sense. We were rubbish from start to finish and another four goals conceded. It’s worrying that Tuchel doesn’t seem to be learning.
  19. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Sarr is just dreadful. He’s had a bloody awful game.
  20. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Three goals conceded at home. Just ridiculous. Players played out of position. Players starting who are out of form. Players starting who aren’t good enough. Why are we just throwing away matches like these?
  21. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

What on earth was that? Bloody nonsense defending.
  22. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Loftus Cheek looks like he’s playing in slow motion.
  23. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

We just need to get to half time without conceding again so Tuchel can sort out this mess.
  24. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

The sort of game where five subs would be useful.
  25. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

2-2. Azpi saving our blushes. Tuchel has been warned. Really needs to sort this nonsense out.