bert19   
7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Brentford has announced they're keeping the same kit for 2 seasons to help with sustainability and to help save fans money etc... personally, I think it's a good move. I remember when kits changed every few years and then it suddenly became the norm to release new ones every season.

Do you think Chelsea should or would do this? Would leave a financial gap you would think.

I do think we should do it.  But perhaps the balance between sustainability and profit will cause an issue?

Maybe the way to go would be keeping Away & 3rd kits for two seasons given this year, we've got to December and worn the away kit once and not used the 3rd at all? 

paulw66   
53 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Brentford has announced they're keeping the same kit for 2 seasons to help with sustainability and to help save fans money etc... personally, I think it's a good move. I remember when kits changed every few years and then it suddenly became the norm to release new ones every season.

Do you think Chelsea should or would do this? Would leave a financial gap you would think.

Should? From a fans and environmental perspective, absolutely.

I presume though, Nike signed a long year deal, and pay Chelsea a lot of money, on the basis of providing 3 kits a season. To politely ask them to halve the number of kits they are due to produce, would mean, I expect, handing half the money back 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Should? From a fans and environmental perspective, absolutely.

I presume though, Nike signed a long year deal, and pay Chelsea a lot of money, on the basis of providing 3 kits a season. To politely ask them to halve the number of kits they are due to produce, would mean, I expect, handing half the money back 

Well yes, but at some point that contract ends.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well yes, but at some point that contract ends.

Ten more years

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Ten more years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37652612
I'd forgotten that.  A guessed £900mn over 15 years.  Just think, most kids have barely been out of their bedrooms for the past 2 years, not many shirts sold I would imagine.

And to think we signed that a few months after finishing 10th in the prem.  Someone had a lot more faith in Kante and Conte than I did.

Bison   

Why is it that random people online can make significantly better designs than the brain trust at Nike?

I saw this mock earlier and it's simply stunning:

RDT-20220518-0624434049646949346928373.w

Now compare that to the leak of next season's shirt:

Nike%20Chelsea%2022-23%20Home%20Kit%20%2

Not keen on that big white 3 , looks to be the kind of logo that would stab you in the back and run out on you just when you needed them most.

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not keen on that big white 3 , looks to be the kind of logo that would stab you in the back and run out on you just when you needed them most.

Big mistake....huge! They thought we were expensive whores, slippery little suckers, but really we are Cinder****inrella!

Edited by RDC Williams

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

Why is it that random people online can make significantly better designs than the brain trust at Nike?

I suppose it's because because "random people" want to make something that embraces the past while enhancing and extending it. Nike designers want to make something with visual impact that appears new and interesting and are happy to break with tradition to achieve it.

Juni   

There's also the fact that a) designing something in photoshop as an amateur is very different to designing something for mass production, and b) every amateur leak of the kit always looks absurdly worse than the final product as presented by the club, and then as worn on matchday. And that comes from someone who still hates our 21-22 kit with a passion.

• Like 1