CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

When my daughter was around 10 years old, she, along with her classmates, was asked by her teacher to bring in her favourite music CD to play in class on the last day of term before the Christmas holidays. "SPICE" by the Spice Girls had been released a few months earlier, and pretty much all the girls in her class brought copies of that CD. Not my daughter, though. She brought in London Calling by The Clash. No doubt entirely my fault, as she lived with me from about the age of four until she left uni in 2008

Duck Soup is excellent (Hail Freedonia!), but Monkey Business was always my favourite.

Very cool.  I was the only person I knew to have a copy of London Calling in my first term at University.  Street Cred we called it then.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

And The Lonely Goatherd? 

Fixed for you Jane. Doesn't matter how you spell it though, it's still dross of the worst kind. ARRRGHHH - I feel dirty!

• Sad 1

chara   
4 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

I narrowly avoided that dubious pleasure, Jane, by telling a vile untruth. Please don’t tell my wife or daughter, or my life will be hell. I’ll take that one to my grave.

Hey....Mrs C has a collection of so called "Musicals" Dvds....Les Mis SoM and "others" I told her because they are UK discs they won't play here.....most do....

and MT..stay strong.... we stay united against the SoM barbarians.... a true Social Divide....

Question for MT...first though in "The Searchers" if one listens carefully to the score as Ethan arrives the music tells you everything you need to know about his past..the question...hotly debated with Mrs C...I maintain Debby is his daughter by Martha..Mrs C disagrees...your take?

Sciatika   
12 hours ago, JaneB said:

No ;-)

(Nothing holds a candle to The Sound of Music anyway)

I was in the Sound of Music at college. I was "Third Nun". It's a long story to do with hats. :-0

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I was in the Sound of Music at college. I was "Third Nun". It's a long story to do with hats. :-0

Sounds intriguing!!

JaneB   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

And then you went and spoiled it all with Julie-Frigging-Andrews!

I find that 'offensive'.....

JaneB   
12 hours ago, chara said:

Actually meant to write 'chickflick" but the phrase wouldn't come to mind!..Mrs C reminded me when we "messengered".....

Huh?.."Sound Of Music" ?...isn't that "Les Miserables" in French?...... never heard of it otherwise...new release?...MT doesn't mention it so........

And very old quiz question for all the more senior members..maybe,,,,many solo instrument hits over the years...."John and Julie";;;who and what instrument..

And any favourite strictly instrumental releases..and why..... "Rebel Rouser" a start off from me...first musical 78 I bought...but not Duane Eddy..couldn't afford it so Woolies knock off..Embassy ?

Mrs C is in UK so a LOT of time on my hands!

Eddie Calvert, trumpet?  (I cheated!)

(I'm ignoring the SOM comment.  MT has upset me enough)

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Surely she gave up here dirty habit to get married.

That,Droy, is a banning offence...no room for puns on here... not cricket old chap.....

And anyway...That was Peggy Sue wot got married.