Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Kendik

Shed End Banners - Vote And Contribute Here

Here is YOUR chance to join in with the snowballing Return to the Shed Campaign. Here's how it's going to work.

HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET MORE BANNERS IN THE GROUND?

Two ways. Firsty, organise yourselves into small groups and contact one of the many banner manufacturers out there. Two to consider are www.eclipseflags.co.uk and www.barmyflags.co.uk, but feel free to choose your own. You can buy 5x3ft banners for around a tenner.

Secondly, let us do the work for you for maximum impact. All you have to do is vote for your favourite large banner design and contribute what you can afford. We will do the rest!

We will hopefully have volunteers to be responsible for the banners on a matchday.

HOW MANY BANNERS WILL BE PURCHASED?

We have a list of potential suppliers and have gathered prices, sizes, lead times and specifications. How many we buy is up to the size of the banners we go for and the amount of donations we receive. For example, a 1m x 10m banner will cost around £300.

WHERE WILL THE BANNER(S) BE PLACED IN THE GROUND?

In the Shed end, draped over the Upper tier overhang. The more the merrier.

HOW DO WE CHOOSE WHICH BANNER(S) TO BUY?

A list of banner designs will be available in a post below. Take a look at each one and vote for your favourite.

OK, HOW DO I VOTE?

One of two ways. After looking at the designs and choosing your favourite, simply post a reply in this topic with the name of your choice. Alternatively, post a comment if you're donating by paypal.

Please note that your vote will only count if you donate. You've gotta walk the walk and if you vote and don't contribute, you are wasting everybody's time.

HOW WILL MY VOTE COUNT?

If you donate a pound, you get one vote. If you donate £20, you get 20 votes, and so on. When we get enough money for one banner, the design with the most votes gets purchased. So, UNLESS YOU SPECIFY WHEN DONATING THAT YOU WILL ONLY DONATE FOR A PARTICULAR BANNER, the one with the most votes gets the nod. Otherwise, the admin will be too much and delays in buying anything will occur. Hopefully, nobody will do this.

Once a banner has been purchased, it will be removed from the list and then voting/donating can continue until the next banner is ready to be bought. This isn't perfect, but we feel it's the fairest way.

PAY BY PAYPAL? HOW CAN I DONATE?

Four ways.

1. By Paypal. If you have a paypal account, send your donation to [email protected] or go to www.paypal.co.uk to sign up!

2. By debit/credit card. Click here

3. By contacting Pete Bull ([email protected]). Talk to Pete about other ways to make donations.

4. As a last resort, come up to me or Pete in the Butchers Hook on a matchday and handover some cash!

Paypal will take a small percentage of all donations (typically 3.6%)

WHEN DOES VOTING START?

As soon as the designs appear below. Get voting and donating.

WHEN WILL VOTING END?

What we plan to do is leave voting open until the day after the Portsmouth game. This then gives us three weeks, plenty of time to get one or more banners for the Blackburn home match. UNLESS . . .

We get enough money for a banner between now and then, in which case we will order one straight away, and continue with voting or donating for the next banner.

WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO MAKING THIS HAPPEN?

Homerdaz, Criminal, Blueandy, Pete and Jerry. Buy them a pint!

Here are the list of banners -

For voting purposes, either here or via PayPal, just let us know what number you want to vote for.

1) We Are The Special Ones © Criminal

2) Pride Of London © Criminal

3) It's In The Blood © Criminal

4) One Name © Criminal

5) 100 Years © Criminal

6) Making History © Criminal

7) In The Shed End © Criminal

8) We Are The Shed End © Criminal

9) We're Making History © Blue Andy

10) Club Shed - Three Stripes © Blue Andy

11) Club Shed - JT © Blue Andy

12) Club Shed - Chelsea Crest © Blue Andy

13) Making History - Chelsea Crest © Blue Andy

14) Club Shed - Royal Blue © Blue Andy

15) One Team One Ground - White © Blue Andy

16) One Team One Ground - Blue © Blue Andy

17) We Are The Shed © Criminal

blueandy   

just like to say that if anyone has any ideas for other banners, pm me and I will try my best to design it. also if there are any changes to the existing designs that you think would improve them, let me know!

EDIT: Thanks Andy, but let's vote on what we currently have, otherwise we will all get confused. If people PM you, we can introduce any changes at a later date., certainly after a banner or two have been purchased.

Criminal   

Donation made and I think I'm gunna vote for number 4

I love numbers 11 & 12 though so I hope we get good donations so we can get a few banners done

I hope you all like the designs...

Jakalele   
All quality but for me it has to be number 6.making history , will donate some via Paypal when my account is sorted !

Like the first 2 but I'll go with 4.

homerdaz   

Someone has to be different! I like no4 as it makes a statement and no6 for aesthetics in fact I like them all but my vote goes with no 7

If I can split my votes guys then half on 6 (for the missus) and half on 7 please.

Donation made.

It has got to be number 6 just has got to be, what with all the clubs crests and a mention of the Shed it is by far the best one.

Also if you could change the " in the shed end we stand " to something like " we are the famous shed " or we are the shed " it would be better , just my personal opinion thats all.

EDIT: (Jerry) Fair comment, but if we start changing them about now, we could be going on for ever. Let's stick with what we've got. IMO any of them would look good in large banner size. If we get enough money, we can have a second phase of voting when new or amended designs can be included. Otherwise, we could be going round in circles.