Codger

Injury News

20 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It sounds from this interview that he actually almost snapped, or did snap, his Achilles: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ruben-loftus-cheek-offers-injury-20540826.amp

The way he talks about it in this interview I cannot see him back this side of the new year. My feeling is that is could be as late as February or March, especially when you consider how he struggles with fitness/his back as it is. 

He was jogging 12 days ago.  I think he'll be in full training by November; there's an U23 game on Nov 23 at Wolves.  I reckon he'll play a part.
That'll be a few weeks slower than CHO I guess.
There is a lot of "feeling sorry" in that clip which is a shame, but no detail to suggest any delay.  (To be fair a lot of that is being lead by his hairdresser's sympathies).

As for his back in theory the break should pretty much cure it as much as it ever will.  But he is 24 in January.  Once he is back he will have to play with the back however much it hurts.   His career hasn't really started yet and could be over at 29.  
And his real problem is Mason Mount.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, King Kante said:

It sounds from this interview that he actually almost snapped, or did snap, his Achilles: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ruben-loftus-cheek-offers-injury-20540826.amp

The way he talks about it in this interview I cannot see him back this side of the new year. My feeling is that is could be as late as February or March, especially when you consider how he struggles with fitness/his back as it is. 

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He was jogging 12 days ago.  I think he'll be in full training by November; there's an U23 game on Nov 23 at Wolves.  I reckon he'll play a part.
That'll be a few weeks slower than CHO I guess.
There is a lot of "feeling sorry" in that clip which is a shame, but no detail to suggest any delay.  (To be fair a lot of that is being lead by his hairdresser's sympathies).

As for his back in theory the break should pretty much cure it as much as it ever will.  But he is 24 in January.  Once he is back he will have to play with the back however much it hurts.   His career hasn't really started yet and could be over at 29.  
And his real problem is Mason Mount.

I think he will be playing by December.

If he is out running as of 2 weeks ago, December still leave a few weeks to get strength and fitness up. 

If his back isn't sorted by now, it never will be. Obviously he has had issues with it as his body has grown, but as you say, 23 now and not going to grow any further. 

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I think he will be playing by December.

If he is out running as of 2 weeks ago, December still leave a few weeks to get strength and fitness up. 

If his back isn't sorted by now, it never will be. Obviously he has had issues with it as his body has grown, but as you say, 23 now and not going to grow any further. 

I think it is normally around 25 when the bones stop growing.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think it is normally around 25 when the bones stop growing.

Is that right? Didn't know that. 

Jasonb   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Is that right? Didn't know that. 

I don't think it is normally so much height yet growth in other areas, face and perhaps what the layman calls filling out.

Reece James has pulled out of the England u21 side after picking up an injury.... having only just got back on the pitch after his last injury picked up with England u20

Early reports are he should be training again next week 🤞 the issue is with an ankle again, nor sure if it's the same one

3 hours ago, Dale86 said:

Kante apparently suffered a hamstring injury in the warm up for France's qualifier this evening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50019266

Wishing him a speedy recovery. 

So annoyed about this! He is probably the player we need most atm. I hope this does not result in games actually missed.

Dale86   
11 hours ago, King Kante said:

So annoyed about this! He is probably the player we need most atm. I hope this does not result in games actually missed.

I've never been the biggest fan of international competition qualifiers. It is really annoying when our top players are injured on international duty!!

21 minutes ago, Dale86 said:

I've never been the biggest fan of international competition qualifiers. It is really annoying when our top players are injured on international duty!!

They should just reschedule the international calender. Club football should run from September to April and international football May to June. That way we wouldn't get all this stop start nonsense to the season.