Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Kendik

East Upper For Cup Ties - It Could Take Off!

This is an extract from the latest atmosphere update.

Attention now turns to the later stages of the Carling Cup. Should we be drawn at home in the next round(s) to a side whose fans want to turn up in their subsidised droves, complete with jesters hats and blow-up atmosphere aids, we now have a problem. The season ticket holders in the Shed end will have to move. Now, you could get your ticket anywhere in the ground, but why don't we all stick together?

We have had discussions with the club and found out there is a block from the front of the EAST UPPER (nearest the Shed End) which can accommodate all displaced Shed End ST holders. So, why not give it a go? The East Upper is rightly given bad press atmosphere-wise because it contains a mixture of otherwise committed fans who don't want to sing or the less committed casual matchgoer. The blocks of seats we're talking about here contains no ST holders so we would just be be transported temporarily - but will still be together. Seats are sold from the front rows first, so the view should be good too for early birds.

What have we got to lose? Talk to your fellow fans at the match on Saturday. Its success or failure depends on the take up, but why wouldn't it work? Banter with the away fans, a concentrated block of singers, recognisable "faces" close by. The Shed end in all but location! Please give it a try if we're drawn at home and you're going to the game.

Mr Allen   

That would be pretty good I reckon. Since it's same price throughout the whole ground though, we could even try the West Stand perhaps lol. I'd love to see the West Stand sing for once & with us lot there it finally would lol.

But yeah, either way seeing as we're getting moved (if we're at home) let's try our best to stick near.

West stand is a Non starter. There isn't a block big enough to accommodate 2,000+ ST holders. Every other area in the ground is interspersed with existing ST holders.

The only option with the current configuration of the ground and ST allocation is East Upper.

It's surely worth a try.

Just to confirm, this isn't just a chat about what would be nice to do. We've sat down with the Club and discussed the options. They will do what's needed to reroute Shed ST holders, if we want to go down that route.

It's up to the fans.

Tim   

I'd be up for it, and since I buy his ticket, so would Steve! Just a pain to get into and out of the East Upper, but a small sacrifice, I suppose.

I'd be up for it, and since I buy his ticket, so would Steve! Just a pain to get into and out of the East Upper, but a small sacrifice, I suppose.

I'm definately up for East Upper, great view as well.

homerdaz   

Me and the clan are up for this as long as the numbers are there, dont fancy sitting in the EU singing with just three others..

as homerdaz says, I'm up for it if the numbers are definately there, can't really see it myself?! be good to keep us all together though