Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShedBoy91

Sunderland Home

not a great performance again but we ground out a result.

reasonably good atmosphere in the shed lower I thought, wats everyone elses thoguhts about the atmosphere on saturday?

KeithB   

reasonably good atmosphere in the shed lower I thought, wats everyone elses thoguhts about the atmosphere on saturday?

Talksport (Alvin Martin & Nigel Pearson) were very complimentary about the atmosphere, especially when things drifted a bit in the second half they commented the crowd really lifted Chelsea. Makes a change, funny how they've stopped bashing us now TSO has gone.

joe blue   

I was in shed lower yesterday as usual and I felt at times the atmosphere was dire , there was about four of us trying to get things going most people would only sing when they could latch on to songs started in the shed upper.We`re the middle,west side went on for ever and never any We`re the SHED END

We`re the middle,west side went on for ever and never any We`re the SHED END

I agree, it would be so much better if we do this after say 3 times or something, it could get the mhl singing we're teh north stand too

I have to be honest and I thought it was not a great atmosphere, although when we did all sing it was loud! One point where the whole ground got involved. The sunderland fans did seem to take the mic a bit. But then again I have seen worse atmosphere and it was a better atmosphere than the west ham game in my opinion. The shed upper was good. I could see the four or so fans in the shed lower trying to lift the rest but no-one seemed to want to know. To look on the bright side though, if you compare it to last year, we have certainly made progress. Let's just hope it can continue to what we want it to be.

batz   
I agree, it would be so much better if we do this after say 3 times or something, it could get the mhl singing we're teh north stand too

I'm in the shed upper. There was a period when the "We're the middle, we're the west side" went on for ages and was getting a bit annoying but then someone jumped up and started "We're the shed end" and both the middle and the west were singing it together for a bit. Was pretty good I thought and the first time I've actually seen it done.

Other than that personally I thought the atmosphere was pretty good around me...not the greatest but ok.

Watched the match online yesterday. definitely heard "we're the middle of the shed / we're the west side etc etc" loud and clear for ages

Good efforts by all those that attended

Tim   
I'm in the shed upper. There was a period when the "We're the middle, we're the west side" went on for ages and was getting a bit annoying but then someone jumped up and started "We're the shed end" and both the middle and the west were singing it together for a bit. Was pretty good I thought and the first time I've actually seen it done.

Other than that personally I thought the atmosphere was pretty good around me...not the greatest but ok.

What gets me is that half the middle are singing "We're the west side....."

Well I'm in the Shed Upper and thought the atmosphere was pretty good!

I look at comparing it against last season and overall it seems to be improving, from my vantage point at the back it seems more people are joining in and starting to learn the words to some chants other than carefree!

I take the middle/west shed chant as proof of this, its be going since the start of the season and now people are confident about joining in and knowing the words.

Managed to hear the MH a good few times as well, which often you can't (due to accoustics).

Well on the right track can't wait for Newcastle now

What gets me is that half the middle are singing "We're the west side....."

I got to be honest I think we are all getting a bit carried away on what atmosphere is like at football now. It wasn't fantastic yesterday but considering the opposition & the game (completely in control) I do not think you would get a better atmosphere anywhere in this Country for a similar game. Yes Sunderland fans took the mick a bit but that's par for the course, away fans do that no matter what the atmosphere is like from the home fans (Their support was dire 1st half). As I have said before you cannot compare the atmosphere at grounds when you go away with Chelsea to the atmosphere we have at home to teams like Sunderland, you have to compare it to when we are at home to Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd & Liverpool. Don't get me wrong we have to keep pushing & pushing to get it better but I honestly believe our atmosphere is now better than anywhere for a bog standard premier League fixture. Pompey may feel different but then there ground holds just over 20,000, when they get a bigger ground their atmosphere will suffer.

Still though onwards & upwards onwards & upwards.