Flo17

Movies

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

A few weeks back I saw Hombre starring Paul Newman.

Superb movie. Brilliant portrayal by Paul Newman. And yes, one of my favourites!

Would recommend Cool Hand Luke, if you haven't seen it already. Also brilliant, imo.

chara   
5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Talking about Westerns, I liked Shane.

A few weeks back I saw Hombre starring Paul Newman.

It was unusual as set among a small group of people  and the characters and personalities get questioned as they try to get out of a fix.

A very unhollywood ending as the only realistic one takes action with unforeseen circumstances despite a good plan. 

Hombre..great movie....the stage conversation about hunger is a classic....as is the waiting room confrontation..... Shane?....loved the book .. ...my remake of the final scene has the awful child shouting "Come back Shane"..he turns in the saddle and says.."Not f.........g likely"...

chara   

"This ain't Dodge City..and you ain't Bill Hickock"......"I've been to a town"...."Are you gonna pull that pistol or whistle Dixie?"......"You get it Reverend"....."Picnicking Mr Pernell..Picnicking?"....."I changed my mind"......"Who are those guys"...."There's worse things than dying"......AND......a smile fave.."Next time I raise pigs by golly"

Apologies for any spelling errors or any slight quote errors..the gist is right!...off the top of my head ..not checked....

Anyone?"

2 hours ago, chara said:

"This ain't Dodge City..and you ain't Bill Hickock"

Quigly Down Under.Tom Selleck iirc.

"Next time I raise pigs by golly", and 'You get it, reverend'.

The Searchers.

Sciatika   

Not a huge fan of Westerns, but I always liked the line "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!"  (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)

JaneB   

@Mark Kelly

I thought you were one of the nice ones on here.

• Like 1

Sciatika   

What would he do with curtains (unless he is planning to make lederhosen out of them)?

chara   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

What would he do with curtains (unless he is planning to make lederhosen out of them)?

Oh dear.......take me to your leder...... and Sciatika ..a request....that is Hutch on your avatar isn't it?...been driving me crazy for ever......