Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHBaWA

Away Fans Location

MHBaWA   

is it just me or is having the away fans in the corner of the shed a bad idea?

for me the shed and the mh are the two areas of the ground that generate the noise!!!

my personal preference would be to see them stuffed up in the EU or WU out of sight. I know tickets are more expensive up there, and we would probably have lower the price for them, but theyre voices wouldnt be heard so well. if this really isn't possible, then WL or EL again.

what does everyone else think?

For me (being right next to the away fans in the lower when they've got the full allocation), it's good to have them there because the banter between the fans is usually top quality.

Can't do WL because its on tv, so the club's PR people wouldn't allow it.

Then EL is problematic for the manager with the stick he would get from the away fans, particularly Liverpool, United, and London rivals.

I know this was mostly a problem for Jose, but I could easily imagine Grant getting a lot of stick from away fans.

EU/WU have problems with the corporates in the middle.

No real solution unless you gave them a block all the way up but they probably wouldn't take enough corporates.

Also, the logistics of away fans in the east seems a bit mad. Getting them out when they're at one of the furthest point from the exits, so especially against rivals, there could be crowd problems galore, unless you keep them in for a while. Anyone remember how it worked before when they were in ELN?

Agreed completely. Stuff them in a corner somehwere on the east or west stands (preferably lower so as to not terrorise the fans below but to get terrorised themselves). Better if they're on the East stand lower so that they can't be seen by the cameras, but have them away from the management and players.

Not sure about the logistics of these but how about either:

1. Moving the dugouts over to the front of the West Stand. This would allow Away fans to be in the East Lower and protect our bench from getting stick. OR
  2. Moving the TV gantry to the West Stand like it used to be years ago. This would allow us to put Away fans in the West Lower, and they wouldn't be seen on TV.

I realise it was a long while back now but I can clearly remember having the away fans in a block in the EU. Austria Vienna is the only one I can remember by name and I think the others may also have been in the CWC, too.

I realise that the ground was smaller then and that away allocations for the Prem are larger but they only took up(about) a quarter of the top tier and after the game were kept in for 10-15 mins to avoid congestion.

I'd love to see them stuck up in the gods away from the action-it actually made the rest of the East upper sing for about the only time in living memory.

Not sure about the logistics of these but how about either:
  1. Moving the dugouts over to the front of the West Stand. This would allow Away fans to be in the East Lower and protect our bench from getting stick. OR
  2. Moving the TV gantry to the West Stand like it used to be years ago. This would allow us to put Away fans in the West Lower, and they wouldn't be seen on TV.

no. I'm not moving my st in west lower because of away fans. I sit on the half way line and keep it like it is. I dont want away fans distracting me and throwing stuff at me.

MHBaWA   
no. I'm not moving my st in west lower because of away fans. I sit on the half way line and keep it like it is. I dont want away fans distracting me and throwing stuff at me.

bit selfish. its about the team I thought? and as for throwing stuff, I've never once known that in the past 13years I've followed chelsea (unless you include the celery :) )

obviously you dont care about the atmosphere because you are one of them fans that sit down in the west lower and dont help the team ,all you do is boo the team ,and you are one of the fans that leave at half time to go to a pub .

You could throw your 'banners' back at them.