OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

3 minutes ago, blue moon said:

^

I don't hear too many Chelsea supporters complaining now.  From my point of view he came back and gave us another title - I love him too much.
But for most, they took in what the press was saying over the years, they believed it, they turned against him 3 or 4 years ago if not earlier.

The fact that some people Chelsea fans are trying to have a go at him is pretty much proof that there is no reason not to go there.

1 hour ago, blue_everest said:

This spurs team is well suited to Jose style, so I won’t be surprised if he does well initially.

The thing is what is really well though? They have done really well the last 3-4 years, except the last 6 months top/tailing last season and this season.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what he does at Spurs. It has to be something different to what he has offered up in the last decade. This is what makes this appointment so fascinating, he can’t really talk the talk about how he is evolving and come back and be the same Mourinho.

The fact he has taken this job, suggests he will be changing because he’s not gonna achieve much at Spurs with the last decade of Mourinho.

Can he bring back Mourinho from his Porto days when he played something other than just transitional counter attack.

Mendes and Zahavi can bring him all these top world players , but spurs don’t pay the wages to get them over the line. So is he gonna have to sign slightly younger less proven players and mould then into something at Spurs. 

So many fascinating questions to answer with this appointment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

The thing is what is really well though? They have done really well the last 3-4 years, except the last 6 months top/tailing last season and this season.

Some of that has been exaggerated, and a lot of their success has come from an excellent investment program in the likes of Dele Alli or Walker or Bale or Son.  That has benefitted Poch a great deal and should continue to benefit the new man.

21 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing what he does at Spurs. It has to be something different to what he has offered up in the last decade. This is what makes this appointment so fascinating, he can’t really talk the talk about how he is evolving and come back and be the same Mourinho.

The fact he has taken this job, suggests he will be changing because he’s not gonna achieve much at Spurs with the last decade of Mourinho.

Spurs is an aging team, close to needing a rebuild.  Perhaps he & Levy (it will be a joint decision) will choose to patch the current squad up and make a big push for trophies next year.  That would be a classic "hire JM" move.  Or perhaps as you suggest it will be a long term rebuild role.  Lester Piggott gives up his whip and becomes a trainer. 
I'm sure JM can do that - he just hasn't been asked to do so very often.

21 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Can he bring back Mourinho from his Porto days when he played something other than just transitional counter attack.

I think once you have the best team, and then develop plan B of all out attack for last 15 mins or whenever you go a goal down, then transitional counter attack becomes inevitable.  I can't see why anyone would criticise that.  Plenty of teams get praised for dull football - think of Liverpool in the 80s.
I also recall some fantastic football in his first term, and nothing better than when Essien moved to RB.  And some very aggressive pressing in his second term.

But yes, at Spurs, he'll come up against teams that can sit and wait better than his set of players.  

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't hear too many Chelsea supporters complaining now.  From my point of view he came back and gave us another title - I love him too much.
But for most, they took in what the press was saying over the years, they believed it, they turned against him 3 or 4 years ago if not earlier.

The fact that some people Chelsea fans are trying to have a go at him is pretty much proof that there is no reason not to go there.

I dont care where he ends up as long as its not at Stamford bridge. Droy if the press print negative stories about him its fake news if they're positive its real news?

1 minute ago, kennypaul said:

I dont care where he ends up as long as its not at Stamford bridge.

Fair enough

1 minute ago, kennypaul said:

Droy if the press print negative stories about him its fake news if they're positive its real news?

Well no.  If anyone says 81 points at Man U was part of a failure they don't have a clue what they are talking about.  It really is that simple.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If anyone says 81 points at Man U was part of a failure they don't have a clue what they are talking about.  It really is that simple.

So, if it wasn't a 'failure', why did they sack him?

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, if it wasn't a 'failure', why did they sack him?

They didn't. They sacked him for pushing the team the next year.  
MT feel free to make you own statements about JM though.