OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

chara   

The media led chorus...eagerly taken up by us masses...that the Newcastle salt of the Earth fans "deserve" better than their recent history as good honest chaps dadadada.....

What about the long term Brentford fans for example?...didn' they "deserve" before .finally back to the Promised Land and enjoying it immensely. after years of supporting .as they (we) all should....what about the Sheffield fans,,,both sets ?.....as long suffering as any real fans...don't they "deserve"?...and Norwich fans?.....why don't they "deserve"?...and so on...I don't begrudge any club getting financial stability and see it less of a threat to my Club's success but rather an increase in the competition and a raising of the bar...surely a good thing?

The sour taste in the room ..... no need for me to lay it out.....that is the crux of the issue.

Edited by chara

Paulo Fonseca went yesterday from about 6/1 to odds on favourite for the Newcastle job.  With Bruce sacked already I guess he'll be announced soon.

Was last at Roma before being replaced by JM.  Which makes it ironic that he was soon after reported to be a candidate for the Spurs job.  Shaktar and Portugese clubs before that.
Hardly a big name - I had to look him up on Wikipedia.

Sorry Paulo - I wish you ill luck with the Barcodes.

Leo91   

Flabbergasted if Ole is walking out the team for the next league game. As Chelsea fans I think we have a pretty good radar to see when the time is up, and the time went ages ago.

Jasonb   

In isolation he should survive this result, recall us beating them 5-0 when they were under Fergie in 1999 although they were at Stamford Bridge.

He needs a win or two.

He was strong-armed into buying Ronaldo when they had been winning using a counter attack type football. Ronaldo is no longer that quick or mobile yet he persists in playing him. I imagine there must be a few in that dressing room that are aware do this.

Interesting for us that his next game is against Spurs that are also struggling to get results.

They must really wish they had us next , they always beat us these days in the league . 

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They must really wish they had us next , they always beat us these days in the league . 

Just looked at their fixtures. Next 5 league games are Spurs, City, Watford, us and Arsenal. Is that a run you'd want to give a new manager when it's completely clear you are not part of a title race and what you can aim for, which is 4th place, has no real outstanding competition (Leicester will be there, but Spurs and Arsebal are miles off)? I'm not sure, think I'd want to give a new manager a better start given the fight you need to fight for every point for is already lost.

My understanding is that United are still recruiting a CEO, too. I think Solksjaer will be there until mid-December.

Sciatika   

The core problem with Man United is their backline. It looks more like Sunday League than Premier League. You don't get the feeling that they are capable of defending against a sustained attack by any of the top-half sides. They had an easier run to start with, but that simply covered up the problems. They could go three at the back and drop into a five without the ball which would, at least, give them more bodies, but it takes a lot of work in training and who would you pick as the three? I know all fans are capable of overrating their players, but I never really understood why they went for Maguire. I am not saying he is a bad player, but I don't think he is the kind of central defender who can organise the defence, back up and sweep (or even play the ball out under pressure). He makes far too many basic errors. I thought Varane might have been able to do that but, so far, he seems to be struggling to make any impression at all and picking up the kind of injuries that demonstrate the culture shock that many new foreign players experience. Lindelof? Bailly? Jones? Really? Also, the club culture promotes attacking play and many of them see a solid backline as "stodgy". I suspect they will struggle irrespective of the manager because they will concede far too many. I would not be surprised to see them lose to Atalanta and Villareal and I can't see them getting more than a handful of points out of their next five games. They might find themselves quite a way off the running by Xmas. They forgot that while a great attack can win you a match, a great defensive line can win you game after game.

On the one hand, Ronaldo is supposed to be a well liked leader at Man U:

Now, as mentioned above, the Manchester Evening News have revealed what Ronaldo has been advising his teammates regarding Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following the club’s poor start to 2021/22.

It is claimed that CR7 is the figure holding the dressing room together and that he has encouraged his teammates to support Solskjaer:

Sources say Ronaldo is holding the dressing room together and he has encouraged teammates to support beleaguered manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The report adds that Ronaldo has advised the Man United players to not down tools, irrespective of what they thought of Solskjaer’s tactics.

On the other hand when on 45+1 when Ronaldo hacked at a Liverpool player and got surrounded by 6 or 7 Liverpool bullies, only Bruno Fernandez went to support their man
image.thumb.png.dcb7694f5330c0d35fb994e4f273a6ce.png