OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

See Liverpool players and fans underestimated Brighton and payed the price. They’re already making the Van Dijk excuse.he’s not the player he was crap, which doesn’t mitigate how all over the place they are currently.pleased me no end seeing their fans looking worried throughout the second half.

Jasonb   

Yes always nice to see Liverpool on the back foot for a change.

See Nuno has  now been sacked not really following this yet they interviewed so many managers before Nuno the mind boggles at what will happen next.

The Kane situation is still there with some of their fans questioning his commitment too.

Levy might need to break his own rules to turn this around. 

Just now, Jasonb said:

Yes always nice to see Liverpool on the back foot for a change.

See Nuno has  now been sacked not really following this yet they interviewed so many managers before Nuno the mind boggles at what will happen next.

The Kane situation is still there with some of their fans questioning his commitment too.

Levy might need to break his own rules to turn this around. 

The Spurs circus may cause United to miss out on Conte, which is even funnier hahaha. 

8 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The Spurs circus may cause United to miss out on Conte, which is even funnier hahaha. 

Yeah I wonder who gets first choice now.
Newcastle, Spurs and probably Man U all looking for managers.

Xavi apparently appointed at Barca which I find shocking.

Several candidates have been hot favourite at Newcastle, like Fonseca, but all are at much longer odds now.

Conte currently 1/3 on for Spurs so it does look like he is going there.  I find that really odd.  He is like Jose, a rider of winners, and if he pushes Spurs as Jose pushed them he is going to find that they are trained in coach resistance.
And if he wants 6 new players because he will refuse to play JT, Ivanovic, Mikel, Fabregas and Oscar* or falls out with his star CF then he will struggle big time with Levy.

Conte wielding the Newcastle chequebook seems more realistic.

*OK hard to find the equivalent players at Spurs now.

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah I wonder who gets first choice now.
Newcastle, Spurs and probably Man U all looking for managers.

Xavi apparently appointed at Barca which I find shocking.

Several candidates have been hot favourite at Newcastle, like Fonseca, but all are at much longer odds now.

Conte currently 1/3 on for Spurs so it does look like he is going there.  I find that really odd.  He is like Jose, a rider of winners, and if he pushes Spurs as Jose pushed them he is going to find that they are trained in coach resistance.
And if he wants 6 new players because he will refuse to play JT, Ivanovic, Mikel, Fabregas and Oscar* or falls out with his star CF then he will struggle big time with Levy.

Conte wielding the Newcastle chequebook seems more realistic.

*OK hard to find the equivalent players at Spurs now.

It does seem like a strange one, Conte would just be repeating their mistake of appointing Jose. They need to recognise their level and stop this fantasy. They should have never let Poch go, get an interim in and Poch will be free in the Summer most probably. 

28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte took over a Juventus with no money in seventh place and won the scudetto and took a disheartened Chelsea side from tenth to first in the EPL , he's proven as a coach who can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and is adept at utilising the players at his disposal , the issues will arise when he identifies an area for improvement and the ideal player to do it and they get him the sixth choice or sign someone in plaster on the cheap.

If he goes to Spurs they'll improve massively . 

• Haha 1

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It does seem like a strange one, Conte would just be repeating their mistake of appointing Jose. They need to recognise their level and stop this fantasy. They should have never let Poch go, get an interim in and Poch will be free in the Summer most probably. 

One of the things I like about Chelsea is that when the team requires rebuilding (2012, 2018/2019)  they hire re-building managers - AVB, Sarri, Lampard.  And when it the team needs pushing for titles they hire aggressive winners with whips.

Poch seems like the builder Spurs need (so why did PSG hire him). 

I suspect there was a time a few years ago when Spurs was ready to go for titles.  Pocch's 3rd season* when they got 86 points, well clear of City and Liverpool, but we got 93.
Had they junked pocch then and hired Conte (or hired JM that year) they would have won the league.
But the idea of being a yoyo club is beyond Levy.  Chelsea and Liverpool do it well, waiting out the cold periods and spending big when the time is right.  

*Not 15/16 and the battle of the bridge.  They ended up with 70 points never going to be a title winning shot.  Leicester had 81.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Conte took over a Juventus with no money in seventh place and won the scudetto and took a disheartened Chelsea side from tenth to first in the EPL , he's proven as a coach who can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and is adept at utilising the players at his disposal , the issues will arise when he identifies an area for improvement and the ideal player to do it and they get him the sixth choice or sign someone in plaster on the cheap.

Juve have never had no money.  Lets kill that.  He bought 9 players for EUR 5mn + in his first season and Pirlo on a free.  
The core of Chelsea in 16/17 was the same as the core of 14/15/  15/16 was a disaster because we only had 19 over 21 players including 3GKs and 2 crocked CFs.  The first 14 players were great, there was no back up.  So 16/17 was a team ready to win trophies.

I get that Conte can do things with systems that add a lot of value.  I get that no one has ever got Moses to look like he fits in a top 4 team - I can't imagine anyone else dropping Ivanovic for Moses then, or JT for Luiz, but it did work.  But lets not pretend that wasn't a top class team he was given (and he added 6 players to make it a top squad).  Hazard, Costa, Willian, Pedro, Kante (and for some Matic).

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

One of the things I like about Chelsea is that when the team requires rebuilding (2012, 2018/2019)  they hire re-building managers - AVB, Sarri, Lampard.  And when it the team needs pushing for titles they hire aggressive winners with whips.

Poch seems like the builder Spurs need (so why did PSG hire him). 

I suspect there was a time a few years ago when Spurs was ready to go for titles.  Pocch's 3rd season* when they got 86 points, well clear of City and Liverpool, but we got 93.
Had they junked pocch then and hired Conte (or hired JM that year) they would have won the league.
But the idea of being a yoyo club is beyond Levy.  Chelsea and Liverpool do it well, waiting out the cold periods and spending big when the time is right.  

*Not 15/16 and the battle of the bridge.  They ended up with 70 points never going to be a title winning shot.  Leicester had 81.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Juve have never had no money.  Lets kill that.  He bought 9 players for EUR 5mn + in his first season and Pirlo on a free.  
The core of Chelsea in 16/17 was the same as the core of 14/15/  15/16 was a disaster because we only had 19 over 21 players including 3GKs and 2 crocked CFs.  The first 14 players were great, there was no back up.  So 16/17 was a team ready to win trophies.

I get that Conte can do things with systems that add a lot of value.  I get that no one has ever got Moses to look like he fits in a top 4 team - I can't imagine anyone else dropping Ivanovic for Moses then, or JT for Luiz, but it did work.  But lets not pretend that wasn't a top class team he was given (and he added 6 players to make it a top squad).  Hazard, Costa, Willian, Pedro, Kante (and for some Matic).

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Certainly, we still get stick for the firing and hiring policy, many are stuck to some nebulous sentimental ideal of just sticking to 1 person as if it will eventually work itself out with the magic of time.  

JaneB   

And while we were 'off air' so to speak, Conte gets the Spurs job.

First Jose, now him.  This is getting too weird.