OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

The Arsenal teams of 2002 and 2004 were the biggest cheats and crybabies ever.  Players like Vieira and Keown used to act hard, but couldn't take when kicked back.  Every time they failed to win a match, Wenger and their players would whinge it was because the opposition were too negative or too physical. Dennis Bergkamp, Robert Pires and Francis Jeffers were just diving cheats.

"Same old Arsenal, always cheating" was a fact. 

5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Especially Pires.

He seems to be very highly rated for his time with Arsenal, but my memory is of a very lightweight, diving wimp of a player. I won't dispute his talent, but the wimpy, cheating side of his game stops me from holding him in the same esteem I hold Arsenal contemporaries like Henry, Viera and, er, Ashley Cole.

23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very very unpleasant.  To be fair most of this was simply brutal professionalism.  If they went a goal down they fight and fight and try to get an overreaction.  A failure by the refs.
They were famous for the number of Red cards they received in that period, but they should have been called out for the number of red cards that went their way in the same period.
I still recall the JFH red card when Keown fell flat after an aerial challenge.  He appealed and they didn't make a decision on it till the next season.  Should have banned Keown for faking an injury on no contact but they didn't have the balls.  I wish Jimmy would raise one day when they are both on TV together.

Don't remember that. Any footage of the incident?

7 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Don't remember that. Any footage of the incident?

Sorry can't find anything.
I did find this which characterises Keown.  Arsenal a goal down needing to get the game changed.  First he swings his arm in a way that nowadays would get him an extended suspension, then he grabs Spackman's shirt until finally Spackman snaps and Keown goes down like he was hoping for it.

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sorry can't find anything.
I did find this which characterises Keown.  Arsenal a goal down needing to get the game changed.  First he swings his arm in a way that nowadays would get him an extended suspension, then he grabs Spackman's shirt until finally Spackman snaps and Keown goes down like he was hoping for it.

I certainly remember that. Always hated Keown. Hard but limited defender.

Ham   
6 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I certainly remember that. Always hated Keown. Hard but limited defender.

Plus he's got a monkey's head of course. 

JaneB