OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

No doubt the mickeys will start going on about how villa's a great club with 'istoree'. The same hypocrisy served up when they talk about clubs (usually us) who bought the league but never mention Blackburn.

14 hours ago, chara said:

OK...first off....having led a sheltered somewhat gentle life I am at a loss to decipher Jane's curses.

Secondly...for some solace Jane check out the Guardian article regarding SSG"s slip down from Glasgow to the Midlands...worth a read.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Slippy G, is it?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/11/steven-gerrard-did-well-at-rangers-but-has-he-really-earned-the-aston-villa-job

Edited by Bob Singleton

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The Author:  Ewan Murray is the Guardian and Observer's golf correspondent, with added responsibility for overseeing coverage of Scottish football.

"Added responsibility" - I like that.

Reads to me entirely as a bitter diatribe by a Scot about an Englishman that used Rangers as a stepping stone to a mediocre English club.
It really isn't about Slippy G.

Hey Guardian writer uses a news story to tell you about himself.  how unusual.

JaneB   

Frank isn't going to Norwich.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12470176/premier-league-chairman-gary-hoffman-to-resign-amid-clubs-fury-over-newcastle-takeover

So the PL chairman is reported as preparing to resign because clubs are unhappy he approved the Newcastle purchase.
I wish this was about ethical protests rather than maintaining the status quo protests.

Such a quick reversal from approving the deal to resigning because of it would make you wonder why he did approve it.  I'll leave it at that.

The chairman of the Premier League is on the brink of resigning following a backlash from clubs over its handling of the Saudi-led takeover of Newcastle United.

Sky News has learnt that Gary Hoffman, who only took up the non-executive post 18 months ago, is close to finalising his exit after coming under pressure to quit in the last few weeks.

An announcement about his departure could be made in the coming days, an executive at one top-flight club said.

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12470176/premier-league-chairman-gary-hoffman-to-resign-amid-clubs-fury-over-newcastle-takeover

So the PL chairman is reported as preparing to resign because clubs are unhappy he approved the Newcastle purchase.
I wish this was about ethical protests rather than maintaining the status quo protests.

Such a quick reversal from approving the deal to resigning because of it would make you wonder why he did approve it.  I'll leave it at that.

I wonder if he no longer feels the need to go to work allegedly ? 

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if he no longer feels the need to go to work allegedly ? 

Just got a gold star bonus, or perhaps a Uranium One.

57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Surely the question that needs to be asked is why the non-executive chairman feels he needs to step down whilst the chief executive carries on?

Chrisb   

I really hope they don’t sack Ole before we get to play them!

JaneB   

Good for Arteta for giving it back to Klopp 👍🏻