OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

I love Frank but hate Everton so it's a double edged sword for me , however , I hope Frank does well , because he's Frank . 

I look forward to seeing him giving plenty to Klopp and Lijnders again but sincerely hope we put about ten past them when we play them shortly . 

bert19   
44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I love Frank but hate Everton so it's a double edged sword for me , however , I hope Frank does well , because he's Frank . 

I look forward to seeing him giving plenty to Klopp and Lijnders again but sincerely hope we put about ten past them when we play them shortly . 

This is pretty much what I semi-joked about it.  If he does well, great because it's Frank and I'd like to see him do well.  And if he doesn't, great.  Because Everton are a terribly run club with ridiculous delusions of grandeur.  

bert19   

Without wishing to open a legal or moral Pandora's Box here, It's going to be very interesting to see what Man Utd and the Premier League do about this situation that came to light over the weekend.  

7 hours ago, Ro61 said:

I wish him all the best.He owes us nothing.He fulfilled his duties with us with the upmost loyalty and integrity.

Quite. I don't rate him as a manager and I think, as @JaneB succinctly put it, working under this Everton board is being on a hiding to nothing and not a place to rebuild his career, but I imagine he has his eyes open on that and respect that he is backing himself.

33 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Without wishing to open a legal or moral Pandora's Box here, It's going to be very interesting to see what Man Utd and the Premier League do about this situation that came to light over the weekend.  

Mason Greenwood being a violent rapist, you mean? I think we can and should name it.

I wonder if they've known for ages; there's been talk of "personal problems" and comments made along the lines of "needing to focus on his football" in a few press conferences over the last year, and the audio, video and images are from 2020 to 2021. They've maintained good relations with Ryan Giggs and signed Ronaldo, if that gives an indication to their attitude on matters like this.

If he was one of ours, I'd want him gone. I care far less about abusive men being given second chances than I do about being really clear to abused women that their safety and wellbeing is more important than a man's career.

• Like 1

paulw66   
54 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Mason Greenwood being a violent rapist, you mean? I think we can and should name it.

I wonder if they've known for ages; there's been talk of "personal problems" and comments made along the lines of "needing to focus on his football" in a few press conferences over the last year, and the audio, video and images are from 2020 to 2021. They've maintained good relations with Ryan Giggs and signed Ronaldo, if that gives an indication to their attitude on matters like this.

If he was one of ours, I'd want him gone. I care far less about abusive men being given second chances than I do about being really clear to abused women that their safety and wellbeing is more important than a man's career.

There was a rumour, when the Mendy allegations first arose (before we knew it was Mendy), that is was Greenwood who had been arrested. I can only assume (with the retrospective hindsight) that perhaps he had form, and someone had put 2 and 2 together based in his reputation. 

The audio recording by his GF obviously didn't happen by chance. It would appear that this has happened many times before, and she decided to record him so that there was tangible evidence. 

I played a fair bit of sport in my younger days, and still play cricket. If any of my teammates past or present had done what he has "alleged" to have done, it would have been a "he goes, or I go" situation for me. I can imagine it would be the same for any remotely half decent human being at United. If he is convicted, I can't see him playing top level football again. 

Edit - I am not sure what the PL can do for now........United have suspended him. If he is not convicted or charged with anything, then pandora's box will open

Edit 2 - and yes, if it was a CFC player, I'd want them sacked, instantly. 

Edited by paulw66

bert19   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Quite. I don't rate him as a manager and I think, as @JaneB succinctly put it, working under this Everton board is being on a hiding to nothing and not a place to rebuild his career, but I imagine he has his eyes open on that and respect that he is backing himself.

I agree with you completely.  Just wasn't sure how much we were allowed (or people wanted) to talk about it here. 

Seems perfectly possible he's been behaving like this for a while for sure, rumours were definitely surfacing a while ago. 

52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

There was a rumour, when the Mendy allegations first arose (before we knew it was Mendy), that is was Greenwood who had been arrested. I can only assume (with the retrospective hindsight) that perhaps he had form, and someone had put 2 and 2 together based in his reputation. 

The audio recording by his GF obviously didn't happen by chance. It would appear that this has happened many times before, and she decided to record him so that there was tangible evidence. 

I played a fair bit of sport in my younger days, and still play cricket. If any of my teammates past or present had done what he has "alleged" to have done, it would have been a "he goes, or I go" situation for me. I can imagine it would be the same for any remotely half decent human being at United. If he is convicted, I can't see him playing top level football again. 

Edit - I am not sure what the PL can do for now........United have suspended him. If he is not convicted or charged with anything, then pandora's box will open

Edit 2 - and yes, if it was a CFC player, I'd want them sacked, instantly. 

Agree with this in particular, I wouldn't want to share any dressing room with someone like that either.  You'd hope he's completely done in the game if convicted.

I just hope the PL/FA give United little choice if he is convicted.  I wonder if they can ban him from playing in the PL or any FA competition regardless?

paulw66   
2 hours ago, bert19 said:

I agree with you completely.  Just wasn't sure how much we were allowed (or people wanted) to talk about it here. 

Seems perfectly possible he's been behaving like this for a while for sure, rumours were definitely surfacing a while ago. 

Agree with this in particular, I wouldn't want to share any dressing room with someone like that either.  You'd hope he's completely done in the game if convicted.

I just hope the PL/FA give United little choice if he is convicted.  I wonder if they can ban him from playing in the PL or any FA competition regardless?

If he isn't convicted, I think the PL would be on shaky legal ground if they banned him.

That said, I don't see a PL club employing him after this. 

bert19   
7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If he isn't convicted, I think the PL would be on shaky legal ground if they banned him.

That said, I don't see a PL club employing him after this. 

But say he was convicted on counts of domestic assaults and sexual assault (but not rape for arguments sake), surely they could ban him then and set a standard going forward? 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, bert19 said:

But say he was convicted on counts of domestic assaults and sexual assault (but not rape for arguments sake), surely they could ban him then and set a standard going forward? 

you would hope so.......... I don't suppose this sort of thing has occurred before.

9 hours ago, bert19 said:

This is pretty much what I semi-joked about it.  If he does well, great because it's Frank and I'd like to see him do well.  And if he doesn't, great.  Because Everton are a terribly run club with ridiculous delusions of grandeur.  

when I think of Everton (thats not very often) I think of a football clubs fans who over romanticise the game and their place in it. Another bunch with a sense of entitlement as well. I worked with an Evertonian many moons ago and he told me in the sixties they were known as the Millionaires because money was no object player wise, but now they howl with derision at any club that has a bit. Liverpool truly is a self pity city