OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

lets hope we dont go and blow it by getting a draw in our next game. We are lucky united are struggling this year, the united of old would of ran away with it by now because of our recent form.

The way its been going the league could be won with 60 points this season lol

The good news is that the ref finally sent off Fletcher. He has been getting away with murder all season.

Interesting fact - BBC gives the foul count as Birmingham 10, Man U 13,

though I expect most neutrals think the ref was very lenient to Man U.

When we drew at Birmingham, the foul count was Birmingham 6, Chelsea 17,

These are remarkable figures given the possession and supposed difference in class in both games.

Full marks for Birmingham (doing well in the PL too) and McLeish who has found a way to get his players to play whole heartedly and legally too.

Lets hope that the refs actually watch the games and realise just which teams are physically intimidating the oppo by fouling (Brown, Scholes, Rooney & Fletcher in particular).

Good day for Chelsea, well played Birmingham and Everton both wuld have been worthy winners

Times like this that if we played and won our game we would be ahead.

Good to see Fletcher get sent off.

Kezza   

Will the team now choke against our next opposition or will they make it count when it really does matter?

Great weekend for us. Beat Hull and it's back to four points. Everton wouldn't have gotten that result if Fabregas, Song, Clichy and Van Persie had been playing (unless perhaps if Jagielka, Arteta and Yakubu had been playing too?), but United were poor as usual.

Khobar   

Will the team now choke against our next opposition or will they make it count when it really does matter?

What, like Man Utd and Arsenal have you mean?

It amazes me that there are many here who insist that Man Utd have had injuries, are having a blip etc and will pounce on any dropped points by Chelsea whilst those Chelsea dropped points cause a chorus of discontent, cries for a new formation, players to be sold and comparisons of Ancellotti with Scolari.

Birmingham are a bit of a surprise package - they have such obvious weaknesses such as Ridgewell playing at right back, Carr appears (to me at least) to be utterly inept yet somehow gets away with it game after game, McFadden shows touches yet seems to get utterly exhausted and frustrated. What McLeish has done has built an excellent mentality amongst the players - every game is a cup semi-final to them. It's interesting to look back at McLeish's managerial record and see that after one or two seasons things start to tail off. Maybe the new money at the club will help, or maybe it'll undermine the team spirit which is their greatest weapon right now.

Also interesting to note in yesterdays match that Hart had ONE save of any consequence to make. Pretty astounding when you think how many he had to pull off against Chelsea. Also interesting to see that Evra was captain but Rooney got involved with every decision made by the ref. Had that been Chelsea it would have been slated as another example of Chelsea lacking discipline when things don't go for them.

Clattenburg was, I though, a little too sympathetic to Utd although that said I don't mind him as a ref and would put it down to being a bit weak/indecisive over certain things. Hopefully he'll improve because there's a severe shortage of top quality refs around.

Burnley backroom staff heading to Bolton :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/8450647.stm

Burnley should go for Coppell.

scanz   

Burnley should go for Coppell.

Wouldn't be the worst decision, there's quite a few decent managers out there who may be tempted. It is a Premiership job and they have a good chance of staying up, so I can't imagine they'll have trouble getting decent candidates.