OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

No, no, no!! Why Arsenal?? Not them!! Even though my faith in this particular competition has been severely dented, I want us to be the first London club to lift this!!

Oh yea I forgot about the First london club thing. Then LET'S Go Bayern!

Very happy with the Bayern result of course, big shame Robben didn't play but a 2-1 win os very good for them. I hope they stuff United in the away leg.

As for the Barca game, Barcelona killed Arsenal and were kind of unlucky to come away with a 2-2. Still not sure on the penalty and red card, funny how they got that yet we never get bugger all.

I think this site summarizes it accurately. Sometimes I wonder how somebody could be honest about Arsenal even when the media is so damn in support of them. So now Barca have none of their star defenders to play tommorrow. Aah the sweet irony Barca short in the very department they are weak in... reminds me of all the Drogba, Del Horno incidences, penalty shouts we have suffered with them. I am sorry but as great as a lineup Barca have in the midfield and forward departments which may occasion a certain pleasurable smile watching them play I can not forgive them for the dodgy referees since the JM/Rijkaard incident then Ronaldinho suggesting we play dirty football; accusing one of the 'black stewards' for making racist remarks towards him at the bridge, Frisk publicly accusing Chelsea fans/management for resigning from football and of course always the sanctimonious pretenses at being superior to all in football. Great side as they may be I just cannot reconcile with them for not so much as a decent acknowledgment that we played better then them. It may be rather immature of me to say this but the 2 recent Champions league victories they have is because they had the referee on their side.

Having said that and as much as I dislike Wenger I have to admit with all his players going off injured at one time or the other he did manage his team fairly well.

ttp://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/arsenal-truth/2010/4/1/arsenal-2-barcelona-2-report-ratings.html

I reckon Inter will narrowly qualify and Barcelona will destroy Arsenal. Quite looking forward to seeing Bayern knocking out United tomorrow though...;)

scanz   

Rumours that Iniesta may well start for Barca tonight, that would be a huge boost for them.

My prediction for todays games, I think will be 2-0 Barcelona vs Arsenal

And Inter Milan 1 CSKA 1

Barca and Inter go through.

Messi. 'Nuff said.

+1

To Quote AndyGray "I wonder what the gane would've been like if they switched Centre Fowards? *Laughs*"

You gotta feel sorry for Arsenal though, they played well but were no match for the giants. Puts us in a real predicament Barcelona(Who knocked us out) going to the finals or Inter Milan(with Jose Murinho) going to the finals. I'll take Barca but pease, PLEASE bayern knock out Man U and win it. I won't be able to stand another Man U vs Barca finals.

Gooner mate of mine:

"Watching Barcelona play your team is like seeing another man make love to your wife and do a better job than you. You hate him for it, but you gotta admire the technique."

Whatever you say about Arsenal, no one can deny that Messi is simply out of this world. Top class player, best in the world by a mile.

However, we proved last year that the best way to stop Messi and Barca isn't to stop Messi - but to stop the midfield. Close them down, give them no space, keep tight on them at all times and deny Barca possession. If you do that you can stop them. Give them time on the ball and allow Messi lots of the ball and it will cost you, because he's the best player in the world.

That's why we almost beat them last year, and why Inter, guided by Jose, will be a tough test for them. But Guardiola is a top coach himself - he's almost like Jose's alter-ego. Great manager, not controversial, and loves good football - and still wins. Can't wait.