Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box of Tricks

Virgin Media Sport - We Hate Cfc

Brilliant.

The sheer patheticism of these people is actually incredible. What they fail to realise is their reasons are so feeble that we could create 10 reasons for why any team are hated if not 100 reasons, if we were to use such feeble excuses.

Thing is there are many real reasons as to why we could say Liverpool (Sorry to make such specific reference but as theyre the only other team mentioned in the article in comparison to us I feel its neccessary) are hated by other teams. What it comes down to at the end of the day is the fact that if you strip Chelsea and Liverpool of their success, Liverpool would be a universally hated side, and Chelsea would be a side that some would love and some wouldn't care less about. Chelsea are hated for their success while Liverpool's success is what makes it "Unacceptable" for people to speak out against them.

At the end of the day I'd rather be hated and envied for all the good things I'd done and achieved, as opposed to having a dark past, which was only defensible and balanced out by the fact I'd won a few trophies.

As long as we're getting these laughable articles written about us, it means we're doing something right!

Any 6th former in the country could have written this piece about any team in the country, in the style of a funny-in-the-90s lads mag.

mihk3l   

another scouse-infested sports outlet but no worries, once Stevie G retires and when they finally hit the 30 year milestone in their title drought all the "die-hard" 'Pool fans who grew up during the glory days are retired and we're finally free.

On JT - "Yet he has also managed to blag the captain's armband at international level - not bad for a slow, over-rated, injury prone defender."

What are they on?

CFCnet could just as easily replied with an article entitled 'ten things we hate about Virgin Media'.

If we have time we'll write them up.

However, this is something to know: Virgin Media aren't allowed to broadcast the Chelsea TV channel because Chelsea Digital Media is 50% owned by Sky. That's why, if you have Virgin Media, you can't subscribe to Chelsea TV. Let me tell you, this royally pisses Virgin Media off.

Hence, Virgin Media will take any opportunity to crucify the Club. Also, because Sky own Chelsea Digital media, Virgin Media have scant access to players etc and are very marginalised.

Now can you see the fight going on?

From CFCnet's perspective, we were invited to do an online video blog by Virgin Media two seasons ago. They were an absolute shower. We deal with a lot of broadcasting organisations but Virgin Media are the broadcasting equivalent of Newcastle's defence. Shocking. Thye dropped the plans after two months and tens of £000's spent on recruiting 92 league Clubs.

From a personal perspective I also worked for Virgin for a few years in the 90's. They are a chaotic mess.