CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

I'm sure many of us who have worked in London have met people who once were trainees at Chelsea or at other clubs.  I met 2 in my first City job at a Stock Exchange firm, and one of them became a partner.  They showed no regret whatsoever about cleaning boots for a pittance, and were just glad to have seen Peter Osgood on the training pitch.
Why should we feel sorry for the kids that are now earning more that the Stock Exchange partner was ever earning?

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Many clubs seem happy to let their players "rot" in development squad hell.

I think we should be commended for actually trying to get them playing time somewhere.

Indeed.  The loan system is not the problem, and in many cases it is the best solution available.

Have to to say I really see Emenalo and Friends as the problem not the solution. Like I said spot on. 

EMENALO AND Abramovich HAVE ACCELERATED THE TURNOVER AMONG THE PLAYING AND COACHING STAFF. EMENALO HAS CREATED STABILITY FOR NOBODY BUT HIMSELF.

"ESPN FC discussed yesterday Michael Emenalo’s ill-boding influence over Chelsea and Antonio Conte. Many of the commenters rushed to Emenalo’s defence, something this writer had never seen before.

The gist of their Emenalo apologia was that you cannot lay last year’s 10th place finish at Emenalo’s feet without crediting him for Premier League titles, the Champions League victory and numerous domestic cups. Fair enough.

But one commenter came within a hair of Emenalo’s crucial failure. He noted that the technical director should be a club’s point of constancy in the high-turnover world of players and managers.

So close.

Emenalo’s and Roman Abramovich’s failure is precisely that they have accelerated the turnover among the playing and coaching staff. Emenalo has created stability for nobody but himself. Chelsea have spent the last decade buying and selling players (sometimes the same player), and sacking and hiring managers (sometimes the same manager)". 

1 minute ago, nutmegsw6 said:

But one commenter came within a hair of Emenalo’s crucial failure. He noted that the technical director should be a club’s point of constancy in the high-turnover world of players and managers.

?? So sack him now??  Is that what this is saying?  Because he lacks constancy?

2 minutes ago, nutmegsw6 said:

Emenalo’s and Roman Abramovich’s failure is precisely that they have accelerated the turnover among the playing and coaching staff. Emenalo has created stability for nobody but himself. Chelsea have spent the last decade buying and selling players (sometimes the same player), and sacking and hiring managers (sometimes the same manager)". 

??  Interesting viewpoint.  Too much turnover of players.  Are you listening Conte and fans?

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No, no, no, I think he could be moved to another position. I understand he did a really good job with the Tucson Soccer Academy. 

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Another goal for Tammy too. 

And an assist too. He does not do 30 yarders.  Proper No 9 goals.  5th in the championship, but one can only guess where they'd be without Tammy.

All the loanees goals here.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Sciatika   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

He does not do 30 yarders. 

It's OK, Lewis Baker does those on either foot.

On 29 September 2016 at 10:15 PM, Droy was my hero said:

??  Interesting viewpoint.  Too much turnover of players.  Are you listening Conte and fans?

Talk about being selective with the quotes... It also says too much turnover of managers. How did you manage to miss that? 

Blue Rod   
On 29/09/2016 at 9:15 PM, Droy was my hero said:

A new 5 year contract for Mikel and a 10 year one for Gary Cahill then. Honestly I have no idea on which planet these people live. Christensen is 10 times the defender Gary Cahill is at the moment, and probably was last 2 seasons. And any on-loan Chelsea midfielder who can't better Mikel at the moment should hang his boots.