CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

chara   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Absolutely... the discussion got derailed by those more interested in me saying that I felt calling Azpilicueta "Dave" disrespectful; and that was in response to someone who couldn't see the difference between an instance of one person being given a nickname and someone else calling every non-white player the same name.

If you mean me Bob of course I can see the difference..I was more looking at nicknames than the use of a term as a derogatory/racist coverall...I have come across that before and was as disturbing then as now...and I was hearing it used by non local people and was told initially of the usage by a local friend..ex school teacher in NY and a far more intelligent attractive and aware lady than most who stooped to that level of discourse.

12 minutes ago, chara said:

If you mean me Bob of course I can see the difference..I was more looking at nicknames than the use of a term as a derogatory/racist coverall...I have come across that before and was as disturbing then as now...and I was hearing it used by non local people and was told initially of the usage by a local friend..ex school teacher in NY and a far more intelligent attractive and aware lady than most who stooped to that level of discourse.

No, not you Chara

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not at all. In fact I thought I was being quite restrained calling it tawdry and second rate. I loathe OF&H (almost as much as I loathe Mrs Brown's Boys)

We can no longer date, Bob.

chara   
5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

No, not you Chara

Sorry Bob....realised I had maybe not explained myself intelligently or as clearly as in my head!

I have trouble nowadays walking the line between saying things as they are and stepping into what could be considered unacceptable rhetoric....nine years in the Caribbean as part of a community tends to clarify one's views. 

chara   

"OFAH"......going over to the off topic forum for my take on it.........

On 16/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, Holymoly said:

Call me an old fogey that is totally out of touch but can someone explain to me why the names "Kevin" and "Steve" are deemed "deeply offensive" racist slurs in relation to the Yorkshire CCC affair? Does this mean that us calling our captain "Dave" makes all of us racists too?

Will you require help understanding this story too?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/18/edouard-and-ferland-mendy-complain-at-being-mistaken-for-benjamin-mendy

18 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Yes, I'm sure a youngish Spanish lad joining us from a French club immediately 'got' the cultural reference to a tawdry and second-rate British sitcom and just fell about laughing at the amazing wit of his English team mates! 😉

Good job he didn't come in the 80"s, his team mates might of called him Manuel and clipped him around the head

I would be interesting to hear if English players were given disrespectful names when moving and playing in foreign countries or is it your belief that it is only the British who disrespect foreigners?

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

That's awful isn't it ? Idiots (the media not the players)

17 minutes ago, FREEBOOT-RIGHTZ said:

I would be interesting to hear if English players were given disrespectful names when moving and playing in foreign countries or is it your belief that it is only the British who disrespect foreigners?

How would they find out?

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Are pictures to accompany articles somehow automatically added based on tagging or metadata or something? Struggling with the idea of a human being being this stupid (although lots unfortunately are).